Numbers...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Valo
Deacon

Re: Numbers...

Post by Valo »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 4:21 am
God's acts aren't random. They are timed. But it's easy to dismiss everything. Really easy to just go on surviving because the world will go one with or without me and has been twirling around the sun for millions of years. Who am I?

I've only been here a little and I've only said "You are making stuff up" one time. Why did you say I keep saying that?
Your rejoinder to Steuss "And just because you made a post saying "just because"", when his post was cogent and detailed, rather than respond to the details, is similar to telling someone they are just making up stuff rather than respond to the points.
]You are talking like you know what you are saying. Do you know me? When did I start seeing the number 27?
You started seeing the number 27 last week.
Why did I not notice 27 before I met this person? Why 27?
Because last week was the person's birthday, and prior to their birthday, they were 26?
Hadn't thought of that. Could be. How crazy would that be? :D
Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

drumdude wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 2:14 am
Valo wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 1:56 am
First of all, what argument? I made an observation and a generalization about people.

Anyway, umm, read "The Bible" by The Father for a rebuttal to Sam Harris' book "The Moral Landscape: How Science can Determine Moral Values".
You can lead a horse to water…
Or maybe you aren't leading?
Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

Gadianton wrote:
God's acts aren't random. They are timed. But it's easy to dismiss everything. Really easy to just go on surviving because the world will go one with or without me and has been twirling around the sun for millions of years. Who am I?

I've only been here a little and I've only said "You are making stuff up" one time. Why did you say I keep saying that?
Your rejoinder to Steuss "And just because you made a post saying "just because"", when his post was cogent and detailed, rather than respond to the details, is similar to telling someone they are just making up stuff rather than respond to the points.
]You are talking like you know what you are saying. Do you know me? When did I start seeing the number 27?
Because last week was the person's birthday, and prior to their birthday, they were 26?
I'm not average. Are you?
I'm pretty average. Is there something wrong with that? Most people are bound to be average, aren't they? Those of us who are average must be careful not to so quickly believe those who claim prophetic gifts.
Average is average. Scriptures say God spits out the lukewarm. I don't know, maybe something IS wrong with average? :D
Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

Gadianton wrote:

I'm not average. Are you?
I'm pretty average. Is there something wrong with that? Most people are bound to be average, aren't they? Those of us who are average must be careful not to so quickly believe those who claim prophetic gifts.
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

Marcus wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 1:33 am
Valo wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 11:30 pm
What did you discover from my post that revealed to you what I am doing here?

Were curious about why I am here? You could've just asked me.
Didn't need to, your detailed self-description of why people post here was very clear.
https://rumble.com/user/Finrock

:)
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Valo wrote:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Now you're wresting the scriptures to your own avail. I think you know darn well, Valo, that this passage isn't speaking of spiritual or intellectual gifts. When you declared yourself not average, you weren't talking about your 'works', your devotion to the Savior, you were talking about your high intelligence and other-worldly insight.

The scriptures are just fine with people who are average or even below average. Consider the parable of the talents. The servant with one talent wasn't condemned for only having one talent, but for burying it, and not using it to generate more talents.
Hadn't thought of that. Could be. How crazy would that be?
If the person were a child or middle-aged, you'd have responded differently, you'd have said that this can't be the case because the person is way older, or way younger than that. That it "could be" possible, implies that the person does in fact appear to be in their mid-twenties.

I'm going to have to say that IWP is the real prophet on this forum.
Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 2:08 pm
Valo wrote:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Now you're wresting the scriptures to your own avail. I think you know darn well, Valo, that this passage isn't speaking of spiritual or intellectual gifts. When you declared yourself not average, you weren't talking about your 'works', your devotion to the Savior, you were talking about your high intelligence and other-worldly insight.
I was saying that? How do you know? How long are we gonna play this game where you make stuff up instead of engaging with me with sincerity?

I am playing a game. Here are the rules. If you want to play with me you have to play by the same rules:

1. I do not lie
2. I am authentic
3. I am sincere

What are talents, or gifts? I've seen what you are describing, but can you see what I'm describing?

When we are born on Earth we are given a portion of the Spirit, a seed. This is our talent. The goal is to nourish the seed. Or to grow the talent. Most people do not use the energy and time that God gave them to increase the Spirit inside of them. Instead they use it for food, sex, power. Thus they bury their talent. Then in the end they will lose even the portion they received at birth.

Have you checked my Rumble.com page? :D

It should quickly dissuade you of the notion that I think I'm the greatest intellect there is or the most gifted. However to not acknowledge and use what God has given me for his glory is folly too.

https://rumble.com/user/Finrock
Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 2:08 pm
If the person were a child or middle-aged, you'd have responded differently, you'd have said that this can't be the case because the person is way older, or way younger than that. That it "could be" possible, implies that the person does in fact appear to be in their mid-twenties.
For sure. I acknowledge your reasoning and the conclusion is sound. I genuinely had not considered that perhaps they just had a birthday. That would result in a mind blowing anomaly! :D

The point is that sometimes God shows us things but we don't pay attention to it because we think we already know or we believe something is not possible or important, etc.

To be clear this 27 anomaly is a mystery to me. I am simply not willing to dismiss it.

38 and 57 no as much of a mystery.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I genuinely had not considered that perhaps they just had a birthday.
By all means, you're an optimist.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Valo wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 3:17 pm
I was saying that? How do you know? How long are we gonna play this game where you make stuff up instead of engaging with me with sincerity?

I am playing a game. Here are the rules. If you want to play with me you have to play by the same rules:

1. I do not lie
2. I am authentic
3. I am sincere...
Yes, you've mentioned several times you do not lie. :roll: People who don't lie usually don't have to keep mentioning that, so you'll understand the skepticism.

What game are you playing?