RFM on Kamp in Court

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

RFM on Kamp in Court

Post by Kishkumen »

I recommend a recent RFM podcast on Jenn Kamp in a hearing where she stands accused of spoliation of evidence regarding her alleged defamation of John Dehlin. After RFM’s intro, the last 1.5 hours are the part most worth listening to.
Last edited by Kishkumen on Mon May 06, 2024 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
consiglieri
Prophet

Re: RFM on Kamp in Court

Post by consiglieri »

Thank you, Herr Professor!

A link for those interested can be found below.

https://youtu.be/TB11bbznolI?si=zG1zwUgRqXWSD8Iq
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

That was painful to hear. She’s wasting an incredible amount of her and others’ time and resources. One wonders if she should be fined or held in contempt for these shenanigans.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr Moore wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 11:36 pm
That was painful to hear. She’s wasting an incredible amount of her and others’ time and resources. One wonders if she should be fined or held in contempt for these shenanigans.
The judge was incredibly patient with her, all things considered.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Jenn seems to embody the LDS claim that feelings equal evidence. The judge not buying that definition threw her for a loop. She will undoubtedly find commiseration in her support group.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Moksha wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 5:05 am
Jenn seems to embody the LDS claim that feelings equal evidence. The judge not buying that definition threw her for a loop. She will undoubtedly find commiseration in her support group.
I think she is getting very, very bad advice. If it's from rosebud, then shame on rosebud.
TexasTurtleSnap
Nursery

Post by TexasTurtleSnap »

Marcus wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 5:15 am
Moksha wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 5:05 am
I think she is getting very, very bad advice. If it's from rosebud, then shame on rosebud.
I'm sure Rosebud go home beating her breast - "mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa..." or whatever the translation of that is in reformed Egyptian.

But it is possible if not likely that they are in regular communication and that JK is learning from her. Poor choice of mentor if true...
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

She’s spent $300,000 on attorneys, two of which have left the case after working with her. And still she pushes forward.

She seems dangerously incapable of understanding reason.
Failed Prophecy
Star A

Post by Failed Prophecy »

drumdude wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 6:27 pm
She’s spent $300,000 on attorneys, two of which have left the case after working with her. And still she pushes forward.

She's going to strike a blow for ex-Mormon women everywhere. Real Soon. Totes gonna happen.

ETA: If she's got 300K to burn, I'd like to speak to her about some investment opportunities in the Caymans.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

drumdude wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 6:27 pm

Yes. I'm seeing a very unfortunate connection in rosebud's posts and Kamp's continued efforts. Rosebud seems to think that everything Open Stories Foundation still involves and impacts her, as evidenced by her recent posts. Here's an example:
Rosebud wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:52 pm
... I’m going to be sharing documentation that demonstrates John’s continued efforts to cyber-harass me by doing everything he could to ensure my in-real-life name was erased from association with the legitimate work I’ve done while simultaneously working to associate it with this scandal.

My guess is that lots of high-power harassers do the same thing. It helps with their efforts to silence because it directly affects their victims’ future employability. And… it’s a strategy that I think needs to be exposed to help other victims of high-power harassers. The way I figure it, we might as well take this opportunity to emphasize what’s happening....
[bolding added by me]
To me, it seems like she is referring to the various legal situations involving Kamp. I really hope Kamp is getting other advice than just from her.