RFM on Kamp in Court

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
bill4long
1st Counselor

Re: RFM on Kamp in Court

Post by bill4long »

Moksha wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:28 pm
Although Jenn Kamp has used legal remedies irresponsibly, there is no way she will be sentenced to six life sentences like Brooks... even if you add Kamp's and Rosebud's behavior together.
Brooks committed multiple felonies including murder. Jenn Kamp is just a nincompoop in a civil case who has no idea what she's doing. It's all one big Cry Letter. These matters are galaxies apart. Judges generally go soft on pro se litigants and defendants for appellate purposes.

Aside from that, I'm a armchair lawyer and court junkie and her testimony was about the dullest, clueless damn thing I've ever heard, except for all the "sovereign citizens." But they can be quite entertaining at times despite their idiotic legal theories.
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
bill4long
1st Counselor

Post by bill4long »

TexasTurtleSnap wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 11:39 pm
consiglieri wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:14 pm
I agree. Judge Faust is talking primarily to the Court of Appeals.
Kind of rude to talk to them like they're 5.
She's getting what she deserves because her legal acumen is about equivalent to a five year old's.
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

bill4long wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:38 am
Aside from that, I'm an armchair lawyer and court junkie and her testimony was about the dullest, clueless damn thing I've ever heard, except for all the "sovereign citizens." But they can be quite entertaining at times despite their idiotic legal theories.
Absolutely nailed it.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Why would she think it is a good idea to represent herself? The judge was patient as Kish said.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

msnobody wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 1:35 pm
Why would she think it is a good idea to represent herself? The judge was patient as Kish said.
Maybe she was out of cash and credit to pay a lawyer.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

consiglieri wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:14 pm
I agree. Judge Faust is talking primarily to the Court of Appeals.
I haven’t been following the whole saga. What did she file in federal court and was there a dismissal on the merits? What was the interlocutory appeal she filed in the current case? Five hundred docket entries sounds high — have you looked at the docket?

If you’ve discussed these issues on RFM, would you mind posting links or the episode numbers?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

I haven’t talked about these issues anywhere to my recollection.

Jenn Kamp filed a lawsuit against John Dehlin in Federal court alleging harassment, but she filed it in the wrong court system.

I think that was around January of 2023.

Jenn then did a podcast about her lawsuit, the allegations in it, and said she was not going to serve it on John Dehlin but would let it stand as a testament to his wrongdoing.

Based on this and other public and allegedly defamatory statements, John Dehlin and Open Stories Foundation filed a lawsuit against Jenn Kamp shortly after (February?) in state court.

Jenn Kamp’s federal case got dismissed because it was in the wrong court, I think, and the state action with Judge Faust is the only pending case to my knowledge.

The interlocutory appeal had something to do with an earlier ruling against Open Stories Foundation and John Dehlin that I think involved spoliation against Jenn Kamp, but I guess there was more alleged spoliation after the interloc was denied and so they are arguing it again before Judge Faust.

At some point Jenn Kamp took down the January 2023 podcast but now has put it up again as of last Sunday.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

consiglieri wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:20 pm

Jenn Kamp filed a lawsuit against John Dehlin in Federal court alleging harassment, but she filed it in the wrong court system.

Jenn then did a podcast about her lawsuit, the allegations in it, and said she was not going to serve it on John Dehlin but would let it stand as a testament to his wrongdoing.

Based on this and other public and allegedly defamatory statements, John Dehlin and Open Stories Foundation filed a lawsuit against Jenn Kamp shortly after (February?) in state court.

Jenn Kamp’s federal case got dismissed because it was in the wrong court, I think, and the state action with Judge Faust is the only pending case to my knowledge.

The interlocutory appeal had something to do with an earlier ruling against Open Stories Foundation and John Dehlin that I think involved spoliation against Jenn Kamp, but I guess there was more alleged spoliation after the interloc was denied and so they are arguing it again before Judge Faust.

At some point Jenn Kamp took down the January 2023 podcast but now has put it up again as of last Sunday.
Thanks for the information. Much appreciated. :D
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

consiglieri wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:20 pm

Is her claim to have spent 300K on legal fees a lie or delusion? What you describe above does not look like anything that would rack up such steep legal bills.
yellowstone123
Bishop

Post by yellowstone123 »

bill4long wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:38 am
Moksha wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:28 pm
Although Jenn Kamp has used legal remedies irresponsibly, there is no way she will be sentenced to six life sentences like Brooks... even if you add Kamp's and Rosebud's behavior together.
Brooks committed multiple felonies including murder. Jenn Kamp is just a nincompoop in a civil case who has no idea what she's doing. It's all one big Cry Letter. These matters are galaxies apart. Judges generally go soft on pro se litigants and defendants for appellate purposes.

Aside from that, I'm a armchair lawyer and court junkie and her testimony was about the dullest, clueless damn thing I've ever heard, except for all the "sovereign citizens." But they can be quite entertaining at times despite their idiotic legal theories.
My small experience is that Hearing Officers (Judges, Commissioners, Referees) like cases to be settled and not taken to trial; which are likely backlogged. They may be frustrated at times because it's the same case, different face and they have heard the same case before over and over again. In criminal court if not mediated and the case settled and the defendant takes it to trial and is found guilty, then comes the mercy cannot rob justice scenario.
“One of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.