DCP: “Tracting was an abysmal waste of time.”

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: DCP: “Tracting was an abysmal waste of time.”

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:02 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:51 am
Ha! I finally caught the venerable Dr. Scratch in an error! It is not true that all he cares about is worldy accomplishments. He ALSO cares about worldly travel. Ha!
lol. Well… sort of. As I believe I pointed out elsewhere, he tends to only travel to secularist countries. There are huge portions of the globe—most of Asia and Africa, and pretty much all of Latin America—that he seems to actively avoid. You can read into that however you’d like, but it’s pretty much impossible to avoid drawing certain conclusions from his choices. To put it gently: he’s no Anthony Bourdain. He’s not even a 3rd-rate Andrew Zimmern. Zimmern is pretty much universally appreciated for his kindness and generosity.
I wonder if Peterson sees himself as the modern Ibn Battuta......
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I'm hoping Dr. Peterson opens up his talents more as a food critic and perhaps answers questions such as where to find the best sauerbraten and schnitzel.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Zimmern is pretty much universally appreciated for his kindness and generosity.
Zimmern is also an award-winning chef.
"Great power connected with ambition, luxury and flattery, will as readily produce a Caesar, Caligula, Nero and Domitian in America, as the same causes did in the Roman Empire." ~Cato, New York Journal
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:48 am
I'm hoping Dr. Peterson opens up his talents more as a food critic and perhaps answers questions such as where to find the best sauerbraten and schnitzel.
Oh...... that would be in Parowan, Utah......