Congratulations Sunstoned!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Congratulations Sunstoned!

Post by Gadianton »

Everyone,

Some may not be aware, but during all the challenges this year has poured upon us, our very own colleague who goes by Sunstoned has burned the midnight oil amidst a pile of books and earned his Phd. Therefore, he is no longer merely "Sunstoned" anymore, but Dr. Sunstoned! What an incredible achievement during this dark time! Correct me if I'm wrong, Dr. Sunstoned, but I've heard you did your thesis under the direction of Doctor Scratch himself. Is that true? What a brutal task master that one is! I'm lucky I'm a little older, as I doubt that I could have made it through his program.

No doubt, should you ever decide to post at the blog/discussion board called Sic et Non, that you will be persecuted for your tremendous achievement and likely banned outright. This, unfortunately, is the contempt they hold for scholarship. So it goes, I suppose, with the jealousy of the less educated.

Anyway, great to see you here and we look forward to your contributions, now that you hopefully have a little more time for trivialities like message boards.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Congratulations Sunstoned!

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr. Sunstoned! Cassius University is so gratified to see you step out from the nurturing bosom of alma mater to carry the banner proudly! Doubtless your many articles and books will stand as a testament to your own brilliance and the great worth of Cassius training!

Kudos!
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Wow, congrats!!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Dr. Sunstoned--I'm happy to finally have the privilege of calling you that--I was informed of your thesis's topic, and I can only hope upon hope that you will expand it into book-length form and publish it between two covers for all of us appreciative readers. Remember, you have no right to deprive the world of your genius!
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

I like saying Dr. Sunstoned! Congratulations! I look forward to your comments as a PhD. What an accomplishment!
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Well done and congratulations!
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Dr. Sunstoned
Valiant A

Post by Dr. Sunstoned »

I must say that I am humbled, honored, and at the same time excited to be in your midst and to be considered a colleague of such esteemed luminaries, even if it is at a provisional level.

Let me simply say I wish to recognize all the people to whom an special reference is due, and that is all of you dear ladies and gentlemen gathered in this forum tonight. It is indeed intoxicating to share the rarefied air of this forum. I will endeavor to uphold and defend the ideals and noble tradition of Cassius U and Mormon Discussions.
deaconblues
Nursery

Post by deaconblues »

Congrats, Sunstoned. I'm a 65 year old retiree who has thought about going back for a degree, but I'm both chicken and poor. I am glad there are some who succeed on the academic (not covenant ;) ) path. 8-)
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Many congratulations, Sunstoned! All your hard word has really paid off. And yes, Dean Robbers is correct: if you attempt to post on "SeN," you will likely be banned. The only PhDs permitted on "SeN" are the Mopologists.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:35 pm
Many congratulations, Sunstoned! All your hard word has really paid off. And yes, Dean Robbers is correct: if you attempt to post on "SeN," you will likely be banned. The only PhDs permitted on "SeN" are the Mopologists.
Welcome to the new campus, Doctor! You have a new, much larger office with an incredible view. Your library of Mopologetics scholarship is already moved in, thanks to your hard-working TAs.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood