Congratulations Sunstoned!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr. Sunstoned
Valiant A

Re: Congratulations Sunstoned!

Post by Dr. Sunstoned »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:08 pm
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:35 pm
Many congratulations, Sunstoned! All your hard word has really paid off. And yes, Dean Robbers is correct: if you attempt to post on "SeN," you will likely be banned. The only PhDs permitted on "SeN" are the Mopologists.
Welcome to the new campus, Doctor! You have a new, much larger office with an incredible view. Your library of Mopologetics scholarship is already moved in, thanks to your hard-working TAs.
Many thanks. The new appointment is much roomier than my old grad assistant accommodations.
Dr. Sunstoned
Valiant A

Post by Dr. Sunstoned »

deaconblues wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:17 pm
Congrats, Sunstoned. I'm a 65 year old retiree who has thought about going back for a degree, but I'm both chicken and poor. I am glad there are some who succeed on the academic (not covenant ;) ) path. 8-)
Hello deaconblues,

In real life (in real life) I did go back back to school and completed a Phd. Some of the motivation to do so came from this forum. I graduated a few years ago at age 60. It was a good experience, and I was not the oldest in my cohort. So please don't let age be a deterrent. If you have a desire, go for it. As far as money goes, most grad schools will help out.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

CONGRATS HERR DOCTOR Ph.d Sunstoned!!!!!!!!!! I am thrilled for you!
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Dr. Sunstoned wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:38 pm
deaconblues wrote:
Congrats, Sunstoned. I'm a 65 year old retiree who has thought about going back for a degree, but I'm both chicken and poor. I am glad there are some who succeed on the academic (not covenant ;) ) path. 8-)
Hello deaconblues,

In real life (in real life) I did go back back to school and completed a Phd. Some of the motivation to do so came from this forum. I graduated a few years ago at age 60. It was a good experience, and I was not the oldest in my cohort. So please don't let age be a deterrent. If you have a desire, go for it. As far as money goes, most grad schools will help out.
You are one of my favorite commentators here and at MD&D. Give 'em hell Dr. ..... Congratulations!!!!!
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
DrW
Priest

Post by DrW »

Congratulations, Dr. Sunstoned. Extraordinary achievements require extraordinary effort.

You will never regret any of the sacrifices made along the way.

Well done.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous." (David Hume)
"Errors in science are learning opportunities and are corrected when better data become available." (DrW)
Bought Yahoo
High Councilman

Post by Bought Yahoo »

In what? Congrats. Sunstoned posted once that we were missionaries together in the field. If so, that would make Sunstoned a very old guy earning his PhD.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Bought Yahoo wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:31 pm
In what? Congrats. Sunstoned posted once that we were missionaries together in the field. If so, that would make Sunstoned a very old guy earning his PhD.
Love the new Nick
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
toon
CTR B

Post by toon »

As someone who's still working on his GED, I'm impressed. Congrats!
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Dr. Sunstoned wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:38 pm
deaconblues wrote:
Hello deaconblues,

Congrats, Dr. Sunstoned. Great accomplishment!
I totally agree with Sunstoned, go for it if it is something you’d like to do. I went back to school at ~50 years old and was a much better student. I suppose paying your own tuition is a huge incentive.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Dr. Sunstoned
Valiant A

Post by Dr. Sunstoned »

Bought Yahoo wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:31 pm
Bob is that you? If so, I am your age. I was jr. companion in hammond Indiana, you were one of the zone leaders. We teamed up. Good times then!