The Top Ten Happenings in Mopologetics, 2020

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Lem
God

Re: The Top Ten Happenings in Mopologetics, 2020

Post by Lem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:29 pm
As always, a superb write-up. Well done!

Have you considered Kwaku El, the hottest young apologist to come along since, well, ever? What with bad boy projects like This Is The Show (TITS), STONEXVI, and rave parties where chaste young ladies give air lap dances while the baddest boys of Provo spin discs and spit gospel truths at the Liberal establishment, you can’t guac the Kwak when he is getting deals done with FAIR to capture the Zoomer market with YouTube videos, Twitter hot takes, and being the coolest POC Mormon since Ms. Knight was held up as the cool pop culture icon embracing the faith.

Kwaku is the fresh young apologist who doesn’t apologize for loving god and loving to party. And he’s gained more followers online than people like DCP could ever dreamed of having. His cheeky charm offensive is hitting young Mormons where it matters the most, right in the feels, and it’s not a mistake that FAIR took notice. They want those young, hot, cool, Young and Dumb technomorms to stay in the warehouse fist bumping the air long enough to gain an identity and entrench in the LDS faith. And Kwaku hosting TITS is the man for the job.
]
- Doc
Did he plan the acronym for his show? It feels like he's engaging in an extended Poe event. Although, if he is the kid who said it is "objectively cooler" to believe in gold plates or something, then I get it. I don't think I've ever seen a more idiotic conjunction of the concepts of objectivity and coolness in my life. Throw in angelically supplied golden plates and it's a trifecta. Moksha's right about his 'glib tongue.'
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Oh, yah, for sure. Bro Mormonism is totally a thing down there in Provo spawning not just #DezNat Qanon radicalism, but this just-bad-boy-enough frat house vibe to get the Mollys to feel like the young Elders are cool again. You gotta make the ex-Mormon millennials look like Boomers in order to give 21st century Mormonism that charismatic rock n' roll Christian makeover.

YOU CAN'T GUAC THE KWAK.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I think another thing that could be counted for "you can't guac the kwak" is he's behind the superspreader events in Utah county. So, not only has FAIR hitched its horse to this kid, but they're tacitly endorsing a young man who will most likely be responsible for killing a small percentage of their readership.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Well done, once again, Doctor Scratch. Festivus for the rest of us!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I do feel bad that the whole Dr. Colvin affair pushed Louis Midgley over the edge into Captain Queeg territory (from the Caine Mutiny). Whether searching feverishly for missing strawberries or downvotes, it takes a lot of therapy to get back on an even keel. That whole desire for one more adversarial raid on an enemy camp at age 89 was a bad idea from the get-go. He should have simply gone for one last look at the place of his LDS mission and left it at that. As the saying goes in Latin, "He went, he saw, he floundered."
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Thank you for the kind words!

Lem: I hope you'll forgive me for any omissions. The list is, admittedly, quite subjective, and you are quite right that the development vis-a-vis Early Modern English in the Book of Mormon is quite remarkable, but also par for the course. (When was the last time you heard anything about Two Inks, or the Cypher Theory, or the 2nd Watson Letter?) And the material involving Kwaku and "TITS"....Well, hey: stay classy, FAIR Mormon.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:26 pm
Thank you for the kind words!

Lem: I hope you'll forgive me for any omissions. The list is, admittedly, quite subjective, and you are quite right that the development vis-a-vis Early Modern English in the Book of Mormon is quite remarkable, but also par for the course. (When was the last time you heard anything about Two Inks, or the Cypher Theory, or the 2nd Watson Letter?)
:lol: You are exactly correct, Doctor Scratch! I bow to your superior experience.