Fairmormon's T. I. T. S.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
dastardly stem
God

Re: Fairmormon's T. I. T. S.

Post by dastardly stem »

Fair's attempts to exploit this kid feels like a desperate move to me.

Granted, false bravado and strawmen in place of responses has been an apologetic staple. It reminds me of Peterson/Hamblin interactions and responses to James White 20 plus years ago. A couple of differences of course is, James White had next to no impact on Mormons, so their interactions were pointless to most. Runnells and his CES letter seem to be hitting younger Mormons pretty hard. I wouldn't know why else Fairmormon feels the need to address it anymore.

I admit I only saw a few snippets of a couple of these, so I may be a bit off. Still, this little campaign will work some. Most people just need something to say in response. These little vids give them that.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

I was a bit doubtful that I would be interested in this but thought perhaps people are being overly harsh in the criticism The sources are young and enthusiastic, is that all bad? I determined to listen, make an honest effort to find out. Unfortunately I was totally unable to make it past the first minute. Did others experience the same gag reflex? Is there any improvement after the opening moments?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Huck,

You made it further than I did. It was too cringey for me. I wonder if a couple of those guys will wake up one night reliving their part in the videos and just want to disappear out of embarrassment.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Jeremy Runnels likens the seer stone to a Ouija Board on page 29 of the CES Letter, and in the next sentence makes it clear Joseph put a rock in his hat.

At 1.45 of the TITS seer stone video, Brad calls out Jeremy as a liar for saying joseph used a Ouija Board to translate the Book of Mormon, then drives the point home by stating the Ouija Board wasn't even invented yet.

This is the point Kwaku drops a bleeped F-bomb in a fit of pretend rage over what a liar Jeremy is.

You can't make this stuff up.

But I will be calling it out this Wednesday in the first episode of Mormonism Live!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

These kiddies are sooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuute! Totally moronically stupider than F*Celestial Kingdom, but still cute. Heavenly Father must be so pleased to have such a massively powerful offensive line so his team can go in for the touchdown......
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

The TITS videos are like a Hail Mary pass from the twenty-yard line in the last seven seconds of the game...

...when you're ten points down.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

consiglieri wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:33 am
Jeremy Runnels likens the seer stone to a Ouija Board on page 29 of the CES Letter, and in the next sentence makes it clear Joseph put a rock in his hat.

At 1.45 of the TITS seer stone video, Brad calls out Jeremy as a liar for saying joseph used a Ouija Board to translate the Book of Mormon, then drives the point home by stating the Ouija Board wasn't even invented yet.

This is the point Kwaku drops a bleeped F-bomb in a fit of pretend rage over what a liar Jeremy is.

You can't make this stuff up.

But I will be calling it out this Wednesday in the first episode of Mormonism Live!
YOU CAN'T GUAC THE KWAK. ALL ANTIMORMON NOOB INTRUDERS 2 B HAXORED BY US L33T #DEZNAT HAMM3R BROZ, #BEATTHEBEAT #SUPERSPREADERZ. WE R TEH SHROOB ALLIES. WE ROXOR U AND THEN ROFL. THEN U AM CRY CUZ TITS OWNAGE. THEY R HOTNESS. WE OBEY ALL #COB #INTERPRETER ORDERS. WE LIKE 2 PWN NOOBS 4 TEH MASTER SHROOBZORS. U = NOOBS. BROZ. = L33T. PREPARE 4 TOTAL PWNAGE. WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! NOOBZ STILL R NOT PWNED. CONTINUE PWNERSHIP UNTIL ALL NOOBZ R PWNED TEH ESCAPE IS IMPOSSIBLE. WE R 2 L33T. WE OWNZ JOO #HOLOHOAX #BRIGHAMDIDNOTHINGWRONG. U WILL GET FLATZORED BY R TITS HAMMERS.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

I just watched the TITS trailer. This show would have turned me off back when I was in college and really turns me off now. However, I never liked shows like this where the presenters/actors are so falsely enthusiastic to the point of it being an obviously fake. I don't think kids will respond well to the excessive cheerleading but I could be wrong. Also, it may backfire when it brings up the issues to the previously ignorant, but, that is always the problem with FAIR and their disingenuous, horrible responses to the various issues.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

For young Mormons who believe the election was stolen from Donald Trump, and who also rooted for the Mean Girls in the movie, these videos might do the trick. Gospel reaffirmation with snark and rudeness.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

I just had another quick peek at one of the videos.

I wonder if they are trying to use the format of TYT, in the hopes that that is attractive to "youth".
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!