Fairmormon's T. I. T. S.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
IHAQ
God

Fairmormon's T. I. T. S.

Post by IHAQ »

In another thread someone referred to a series of newly produced Fairmormon videos under the heading This Is The Shows (Tits for short). I was incredulous and didn't think anyone would be that stupid and that someone on this board was pulling a seasonal prank. But no. It turns out that Fairmormon really is that stupid (or childish)...

"This Is The Show" subtitle "The CES Letter is Cringe, let's destroy it"
https://Twitter.com/FairMormon/with_replies

Interpreter supports and affiliates with (and donates to?) this...
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Re: Fairmormon's T. I. T. S.

Post by Dr Moore »

So... the Mopologists have thrown their weight behind a Youtube show... called TITS... that is "dedicated to comedically taking down anti-Mormon literature".

In a word, pathetic.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Moore wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:12 pm
So... the Mopologists have thrown their weight behind a Youtube show... called TITS... that is "dedicated to comedically taking down anti-Mormon literature".

In a word, pathetic.
The bankruptcy continues to be demonstrated...... at least Christians have a semblence of philosophy and intellect. Mormon apologetics have been entirely derailed.
Dr Moore

Post by Dr Moore »

The irony, by the way. The youthful face of Mopologetics is a comedian.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr Moore

Post by Dr Moore »

John Dehlin encouraged everyone to share these TITS videos, predicting that (a) more people would leave vs stay as a result of them, and (b) the videos ultimately will be taken down. We shall see.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Those videos are completely moronic. All these do is set up someone who actually does encounter the real criticisms for real disappointment. These things are intellectually vapid, deeply dishonest, and tasteless. Gross.

I feel like I just attended a Trump rally.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

"This Maya art shows a king riding on a human chariot of sorts." ~Kwaku the Irresponsible Pandemic Mask Flouter

It's called a sedan chair, guys. Joseph Smith would have known what a sedan chair is.

Good grief.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

From MDDB, Calm posted a statement by Scott Gordon:
Today we're announcing a series of YouTube Videos, specifically targeting the "Letter to a CES Director," better known as "The CES Letter."

The CES Letter is a long list, turned book, of the most common attacks on the Church. The author, a disaffected former member, named Jeremy Runnells, created this document by crowdsourcing – the practice of obtaining ideas and content by soliciting contributions from a large group of people. The finished document is a list of issues (some of them listed multiple times, to make the document seem longer) that the author claims caused him to lose his testimony. This document is hosted on a number of websites that are critical of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is being used to actively proselyte and destroy testimonies and to sow seeds of doubt and disillusionment through deceit, logical fallacy and misinformation – with devastating effect. Over the past 2 months, I have had a friend lose two daughters to this letter, a close friend in my ward leave because of it, and a missionary express concerns about what is written in it.

Even though the document itself is dishonest, and even though the items it lists have been repeatedly and thoroughly discussed in both official Church literature and by scholarship such as FairMormon, up until now the faithful responses to this document have been scholarly. Clearly, that by itself isn’t working.

There has long been a need for a media-based response to the document that is accessible to the rising generation. Now such a response has been created, and FairMormon is hosting "This is the Show" on our YouTube channel. Many of the questions raised by the CES Letter are addressed in the form of short videos -- geared in style and delivery to the youth. This approach is advantageous in reaching a media-driven generation to which more “bookish” responses are inaccessible.

The point of these videos are to show just how ridiculous the CES Letter is. How would you like to leave the Church, possibly destroy your family, uproot your life, and have sleepless nights and emotional pain because of a bad joke? That is what the CES letter has done.

We know that the style and format of these videos will not appeal to everyone. In fact, some of you are going to really dislike them. We showed these videos to a number of people, and the videos were loved by some, and hated by others. But in every case, it started a discussion about the CES Letter. We hope that you will understand that the videos were created to appeal to a specific demographic.

While we know these videos may not appeal to everyone, in our tradition of being a big tent and allowing multiple voices and multiple styles, we decided to host the videos. We need to give the rising generation the information they need -in their own “language” – so that they can combat this threat to their testimonies.

You can find these videos on the FairMormon YouTube Channel [ https://fairmormon.lt.acemlna.com/Prod/ ... 124A3A1600 ] Please feel free to respond to this newsletter with questions and comments. As always, thank you for your support!

https://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/73 ... 02715_menu
Calm didn't give a source, the link is only to mddb.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

The point of these videos are to show just how ridiculous the CES Letter is.
Maybe they need more focus groups then, because that was NOT the 'ridiculousness' that came through.