Fairmormon's T. I. T. S.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Fairmormon's T. I. T. S.

Post by Philo Sofee »

I seriously think a month's worth of lessons of the value of playing Video Games would be an ENORMOUSW uplift, ASKING the kids to participate in showing the adults how its done and what it is that causes kids to love them so much. Of course, I got darn near kicked out of Priesthood meetings for so many times recommending we hold Priesthood Meeting on the Saturday Night before and go to the bars to talk to all the inactives. I was quite serious, but they never even gave it a nod. How about some good old fashioned we actually do something instead of constantly saying the same old thing and putting everyone to sleep all the time? Shake it up a bit. I tried to do that with the Hebrew and the concept that God and his Wife are married when we follow the Hebrew of the Bible, but they just sicked the Stake President on me for teaching things contrary to the lesson materials. :roll: :lol: They actually really did.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

FAIRMormon would be more successful with a song for Primary than bogus logic for young adults.

I am certain they remember Do be a Do-Bee (not doobie) from Romper Room.

We hate the CES Letter
We will always try to do better

We love Joseph altogether
We will knit him a Christmas sweater

We'll obey the prophet forever
Pray for moisture and Corinthian leather

We hate the CES Letter
We will always try to do better.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Oh Nelson, Oh Nelson our leader truer!
Of this we cannot be surer.

When troubled times befall
When satan's minions call

We shun the world's sewer
Für alle bist du der Führer
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:49 pm
Church is a place of reverence and quiet meditation.
Regards,
MG
Good point Mentalgymnast. I remember a few times about forty years ago, going into the Cathedral of the Madeline in SLC and sitting on a pew and contemplating the divine. There is something to be said for quiet prayer and meditation in a place dedicated to that purpose. When you get older this appeal can be transferred to a recliner in your house. Much softer cushions. You can always go the full Dr. Peterson route with a Pentatonix Christmas album and a snifter of orange soda.
mentalgymnast
1st Counselor

Post by mentalgymnast »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:02 pm
There is something to be said for quiet prayer and meditation in a place dedicated to that purpose. When you get older this appeal can be transferred to a recliner in your house.
No argument there.

Sitting in one right now. 🙂

Now, for some meditation...

Snooze...

Regards,
MG
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Moksha wrote:
mentalgymnast wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:49 pm
Church is a place of reverence and quiet meditation.
Regards,
MG
Good point Mentalgymnast. I remember a few times about forty years ago, going into the Cathedral of the Madeline in SLC and sitting on a pew and contemplating the divine. There is something to be said for quiet prayer and meditation in a place dedicated to that purpose. When you get older this appeal can be transferred to a recliner in your house. Much softer cushions. You can always go the full Dr. Peterson route with a Pentatonix Christmas album and a snifter of orange soda.
:D great memory, Moksha. When I was a graduate student, I would go into the Cathedral of St. John the Divine for the same reason. When some of my family visited I was so pleased to be able to show them this truly elegant place I had found. My hard core LDS sister in law, however, was apparently a little miffed that I would find such serenity and reverence in a non-lds church. I know this because she walked inside with me and promptly announced, in a booming voice, "I CAN JUST FEEL THE PRESENCE OF SATAN!"

I can laugh about it now, but at the time, while bustling her into the gift shop and hoping to distract her with shiny representations of Satanic worship, all I could think was 'dear god please don't let anyone recognize me.' It was possibly the most fervent prayer I've ever uttered. :roll:
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Lem wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:23 pm
Moksha wrote:

:D great memory, Moksha. When I was a graduate student, I would go into the Cathedral of St. John the Divine for the same reason. When some of my family visited I was so pleased to be able to show them this truly elegant place I had found. My hard core LDS sister in law, however, was apparently a little miffed that I would find such serenity and reverence in a non-lds church. I know this because she walked inside with me and promptly announced, in a booming voice, "I CAN JUST FEEL THE PRESENCE OF SATAN!"

I can laugh about it now, but at the time, while bustling her into the gift shop and hoping to distract her with shiny representations of Satanic worship, all I could think was 'dear god please don't let anyone recognize me.' It was possibly the most fervent prayer I've ever uttered. :roll:
Oh my! Well, in driving my puppy home from our walk (brisk, it's too cold, but I still take her bored little heart and feet out) I drove by a place called "Too Many Toys Storage." I mean... when we gotta buy so much stuff that we really can't use it more than once and then rent a place to put it all in... um... that's being out of focus. The emphasis is on the wrong thing(s). Man I'm sounding more and more like an old curmudgeon ain't I? :lol:
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:31 pm
Lem wrote:

Oh my! Well, in driving my puppy home from our walk (brisk, it's too cold, but I still take her bored little heart and feet out) I drove by a place called "Too Many Toys Storage." I mean... when we gotta buy so much stuff that we really can't use it more than once and then rent a place to put it all in... um... that's being out of focus. The emphasis is on the wrong thing(s). Man I'm sounding more and more like an old curmudgeon ain't I? :lol:
I love-Love-LOVE that you drive your puppy to her walk! :lol: you are a very kindly old curmudgeon.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Lem wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:37 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:31 pm

I love-Love-LOVE that you drive your puppy to her walk! :lol: you are a very kindly old curmudgeon.
Well, I mean, she is, after all, 13 years old......like me, so we cheat and use the technology..... :lol:
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Lem wrote:
The Cathedral of St. John the Divine is so large that it has a number of smaller chapels that have been used by a variety of religious groups during its history. One of those groups was an LDS congregation in Manhattan. Could that have triggered your sister-in-law's vibes? ;) :D Three cheers for the Cathedral of St. John the Divine and the spirit of ecumenical tolerance!

You can always go the full Dr. Peterson route with a Pentatonix Christmas album and a snifter of orange soda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obp-9BEZe1c