Top 10 Falsifiable FAIRMORMON Claims

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Top 10 Falsifiable FAIRMORMON Claims

Post by Kishkumen »

consiglieri wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:01 am
The other funny thing is how DCP et al have historically introduced this proof by remarking about the howls of derision heard from the critics over this obvious gaffe.

Alma a man's name? Preposterous!

But diligent search has failed to turn up any examples of such howls of derision. That is why DCP punts to personal exchanges with James White to give a for instance.

In other words, it appears DCP has manufactured derisive comments from the critics in order to enhance the power of this Book of Mormon proof.

Circles within circles.

Deception upon deception.

Or should I say DeCePtion?
Right now criticism is aimed at the fact that important factors involved in properly assessing the weight of evidence are being ignored. Male Almas are obviously not a problem. Failing to take into account male Almas in Joseph Smith’s day and neighborhood is a problem.
Last edited by Kishkumen on Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:48 am
Right now criticism is aimed at the fact that important factors involved in properly assessing the weight of evidence are being ignored. Make Almas are obviously not a problem. Failing to take into account male Almas in Joseph Smith’s day and neighborhood is a problem.
Someone should process and research the list of Almas to find out what connections can be shown to have existed between them and the Joseph Smith family whether in Vermont or Palmyra. What evidence can be uncovered to show that Joseph Smith knew an Alma prior to writing the Book of Mormon?

What about Alma Chase? Is there any chance that he is related to the conjurer Willard Chase who is famous for his involvement with money digging and hidden treasures? That's just one example in looking for a possible connection that young Joseph knew someone by the name of Alma, hence, providing a legitimate name for the Book of Mormon unlike all the crazy and wild names Smith had to make up. It seems reasonable to assume that Smith borrowed the name Alma because it seemed like a safe thing to do when dreaming up names for his story. I contend that the name Alma was specially picked by Joseph Smith because of the character of a real live person he knew. It's a gut feeling that I have. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Someone who loves to research needs to check this out and stake a claim! There are things yet to be discovered and clues that will show the Book of Mormon is nothing more than a work of fiction.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:20 am
Stay tuned for next Wednesday when I will bring you Number 9 Easily Falsifiable FAIRMORMON Claim

Everybody Wang Chung,

I've stayed in tune and have been in tune and you ain't come back with more.

:(

We wants more! We wants more! Give us more!!

Shulem
God

Alma Strikes Again!

Post by Shulem »

Mormonism Live on YouTube -- ALMA

The Book of Mormon is a product of the 19th century. Also, for your reference and listening pleasure:

Radio Free Mormon: 15: New Evidence for The Book of Mormon (2017 June)

QUESTIONS for Daniel C Peterson:

1. Is it likely that Joseph Smith knew of another male living in his vicinity/environment by the name of Alma?
2. What's the king's name in Facsimile No. 3?
3. Did Nibley claim that Isis dressed up as a woman in Facsimile No. 3?
4. What happened to Anubis's nose on the woodcut (printing plate) of Facsimile No. 3?
5. Have you ever told a lie, Dan?
Shulem
God

Book of Mormon Lies and Links

Post by Shulem »

Bumping this thread to remind everyone that the Book of Mormon is a work of fiction created by Smith who borrowed ideas from other sources in order to invent a story about the native Americans. I bear solemn testimony that everything I know about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon leads me to believe and know that his novel is a work of fiction. I know this with all my heart and mind and feel compelled to bear witness that things that are presented as truth may actually be lies produced by those who lie -- because lying is what they do and love.

Here is a checklist of Radio Free Mormon podcast links that touch on various subjects involving the Book of Mormon:

[ ] New Evidence for The Book of Mormon
[ ] The Case for the Book of Mormon? Part 1
[ ] The Case for the Book of Mormon? Part 2
[ ] The Book of Mormon on Trial
[ ] Magic and the Book of Mormon
[ ] Magic and the Book of Mormon Part 2
[ ] Born Again Book of Mormon
[ ] Born Again Book of Mormon Part 2
[ ] DNA and the Book of Mormon

Please consider making a donation to Radio Free Mormon
Moksha
God

Re: Book of Mormon Lies and Links

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:16 pm
Bumping this thread to remind everyone that the Book of Mormon is a work of fiction created by Smith who borrowed ideas from other sources in order to invent a story about the native Americans.
Why are you being difficult? Everyone in the know at the Interpreter believes these books were translated by a group of English Bards in a tavern in London between the late 1400s and the early 1500s. They wrote their translation in Early Modern English, the same variety that we use for prayers. Joseph then channeled the Bardic translations from the stone left for him in the Chase well.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Re: Book of Mormon Lies and Links

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:58 pm
Joseph then channeled

I suspect you may be on to something which the modern Church today knows very little. Smith was a mystic in his own right and developed his own brand of channeling within mystic realms -- in a trance and getting so-called revelations that the Church today would consider voodoo-like. Mormonism today is so unlike Mormonism of yesterday. They are literally different Mormon Churches! If Smith had seen the Church today he would've found it utterly boring and repulsive. Mormonism today is nothing more than a dead form of yesterday's Mormonism, dead branches and dried roots -- but in the end, it's all Mormonism -- BS

I bear solemn witness that I know the Church is NOT true. Smith was a liar. And, you can be sure that there is no King's name in Facsimile No. 3!
Equality
CTR B

Post by Equality »

So is the message of this thread that there actually is only ONE falsifiable claim?

;)
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Equality wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:30 pm
So is the message of this thread that there actually is only ONE falsifiable claim?

;)
ikr!

Everybody Wang Chung, get off your lazy ass and give us more!

:twisted:
Shulem
God

Next . . . .

Post by Shulem »

We have beaten Alma to death. Bring forth the next victim, please.

:lol: