QAnon Liberals?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Cultellus

Re: QAnon Liberals?

Post by Cultellus »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:00 am
Dean Robbers! Great post. So, the bad news is that there are some left-wing extremists who do embrace this kind of conspiracy thinking, and even some who specifically believe QAnon claims. In their minds, OF COURSE corporate Dems are evil and in league with Satan, are really lizard people, are eating babies, etc. They only pretend to be liberal to fool the rubes.

Get where I’m coming from here?
Kish, you are my favorite poster today. Yowza.

I get it. And thank you.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Shouldn’t Doc Cam be your favorite poster also since he provided a specific, and recent, example?
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:56 am
Shouldn’t Doc Cam be your favorite poster also since he provided a specific, and recent, example?
Good point. In the dog eat dog world, not everyone gets to be a winner. But your point is valid.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

While it's looking like QAnon is still safely a conservative only conspiracy theory, it has changed the way I think about the right. While "alt right" is a better term than "right winger", I have not fully adopted it. I used to think of the "rightist" form of progressivism as the "religious right", which I contrasted with the Friedmanesque right when I was at the Y as a student. I assumed the free market was the general answer, but I had outgrown my pre-mission interest in Skousen. "Capitalism and Freedom" took over from "The Naked Capitalist". I didn't have a good understanding of that landscape nor did I read the news, I was just going by textbooks and books I'd picked up for book reports. The only nuts I knew were liberals. I met with a professor of a friend who had a cult following who tried to convince me that electric lights were Satanic. I had not yet encountered the name "Ayn Rand" so I didn't realize that there was this other kind of secular crazy within conservativism. I had been a big Nibley fan pre-mission; one of my professors put it like this: When it comes to history, Nibley is almost always right, when it comes to politics, Nibley is almost always wrong. That guy was a loose member of the FARMS crowd so that's how you were supposed to deal with Nibley as a conservative.

Okay, so, it appeared to me later on that TV evangelists and Mormon leaders alike were advancing the cause of the right, prosperity gospel, and lots of freedom for religion to make money and very little freedom for anybody else; 'cept maybe gun owners and smokers -- or rather, gun clubs and gun manufacturers. Up until Q, I've retained that view. It's the religious right. Alt-right became a better term, because it recognized the common bond between family-value Christians and neo-Nazis. I'm not saying that they necessarily get along past a few shared points about the white man as the underdog. I saw plenty of condemnation of neo-Nazis on one of those pre-Parler message boards. But all these groups need to unite as a voting base.

Can somebody out there homogenize the Alt-right? Well, what I've seen in Q is a new thing. I don't know if Q will be that uniting power, but Q is a non-Christian force that is powerfully influencing the religious right. Basement perverts on 4chan are the new prophets for family-values Christian. And as seen on LDS freedom forum and semi-confirmed by my Utah friends and family, vaccine conspiracies override the prophet. So I no longer refer to the right as the "religious right" because Q isn't religious per se; at least not net. In fact, Q transcends boundaries -- it's really popular in non-white countries so its not essentially white nationalist. Could it include liberals? I don't know, so far I'm not convinced as being a pro-Trump Democrat doesn't compute. I realize that vaccine conspiracies and home remedy cults were mostly unhinged left wingers back in the day, but appears to me the right is taking over that space.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Some people believe in Qanon more than Qanon believes in Qanon.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:45 pm
While it's looking like QAnon is still safely a conservative only conspiracy theory, it has changed the way I think about the right. While "alt right" is a better term than "right winger", I have not fully adopted it. I used to think of the "rightist" form of progressivism as the "religious right", which I contrasted with the Friedmanesque right when I was at the Y as a student. I assumed the free market was the general answer, but I had outgrown my pre-mission interest in Skousen. "Capitalism and Freedom" took over from "The Naked Capitalist". I didn't have a good understanding of that landscape nor did I read the news, I was just going by textbooks and books I'd picked up for book reports. The only nuts I knew were liberals. I met with a professor of a friend who had a cult following who tried to convince me that electric lights were Satanic. I had not yet encountered the name "Ayn Rand" so I didn't realize that there was this other kind of secular crazy within conservativism. I had been a big Nibley fan pre-mission; one of my professors put it like this: When it comes to history, Nibley is almost always right, when it comes to politics, Nibley is almost always wrong. That guy was a loose member of the FARMS crowd so that's how you were supposed to deal with Nibley as a conservative.

Okay, so, it appeared to me later on that TV evangelists and Mormon leaders alike were advancing the cause of the right, prosperity gospel, and lots of freedom for religion to make money and very little freedom for anybody else; 'cept maybe gun owners and smokers -- or rather, gun clubs and gun manufacturers. Up until Q, I've retained that view. It's the religious right. Alt-right became a better term, because it recognized the common bond between family-value Christians and neo-Nazis. I'm not saying that they necessarily get along past a few shared points about the white man as the underdog. I saw plenty of condemnation of neo-Nazis on one of those pre-Parler message boards. But all these groups need to unite as a voting base.

Can somebody out there homogenize the Alt-right? Well, what I've seen in Q is a new thing. I don't know if Q will be that uniting power, but Q is a non-Christian force that is powerfully influencing the religious right. Basement perverts on 4chan are the new prophets for family-values Christian. And as seen on LDS freedom forum and semi-confirmed by my Utah friends and family, vaccine conspiracies override the prophet. So I no longer refer to the right as the "religious right" because Q isn't religious per se; at least not net. In fact, Q transcends boundaries -- it's really popular in non-white countries so its not essentially white nationalist. Could it include liberals? I don't know, so far I'm not convinced as being a pro-Trump Democrat doesn't compute. I realize that vaccine conspiracies and home remedy cults were mostly unhinged left wingers back in the day, but appears to me the right is taking over that space.
This happened when Hillary and the DNC ran a bad primary and a bad general election. Michael Moore warned them, but they did not listen. Rants like the one above just sound like the same old garbage. It is as if one is lamenting that we do not insult people we hate (or do not know) enough to make them believe us, like us, or join us.

Oh, one more thing.... Gad, shutup with your common bond between Christians (for this Terrestrial Forum read Mormons) and Nazis nonsense. You are embarrassing yourself. At some point you will realize that you are a significantly bigger problem than the imaginary people you despise.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Cultellus wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:00 pm
And some people believe so strongly they show up in Dallas with Q signs to see dead politicians rise from the grave.

The website patriots.win is full of more Qanon members than you want to admit here.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:55 pm
Cultellus wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:00 pm
And some people believe so strongly they show up in Dallas with Q signs to see dead politicians rise from the grave.

The website patriots.win is full of more Qanon members than you want to admit here.
Yeah, and we have people baptizing the dead and marrying them too. Kooks are gonna kook no matter what. We all came from one of the kookiest ideologies ever (excluding ceeboo), and at no point did we represent a majority. I stand by what I said, there are more people bowing and worshiping at the feet of the Q believers than there are Q believers. See your post, see Gad's post, see the media.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Cultellus wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:18 pm
Rants like the one above just sound like the same old garbage. It is as if one is lamenting that we do not insult people we hate (or do not know) enough to make them believe us, like us, or join us.

Oh, one more thing.... Gad, shutup with your common bond between Christians (for this Terrestrial Forum read Mormons) and Nazis nonsense. You are embarrassing yourself. At some point you will realize that you are a significantly bigger problem than the imaginary people you despise.
Complaints about feeling insulted might come off better if the complainer isn’t trying to insult the person he’s complaining about.

Regardless, I’ve never figured out why some folks vote for bad candidates based on whether or not they imagine that the opposing candidate’s supporters don’t like them.

But, maybe - aside from Hillary running an ineffective campaign - this was part of the problem for Democrats. They didn’t cast their votes based strongly enough on the fact that a significant number of supporters for the opposing candidate believed that they were Satanic, blood-drinking pedophiles.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Cultellus wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:03 pm
drumdude wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:55 pm

Yeah, and we have people baptizing the dead and marrying them too. Kooks are gonna kook no matter what. We all came from one of the kookiest ideologies ever (excluding ceeboo), and at no point did we represent a majority. I stand by what I said, there are more people bowing and worshiping at the feet of the Q believers than there are Q believers. See your post, see Gad's post, see the media.
Are the people holding Q signs Q believer believers or just Q believers?

What about the Q believer believer believers? They must be the largest group of worshipers by far. How far down does it go?