QAnon Liberals?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Cultellus

Re: QAnon Liberals?

Post by Cultellus »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:59 pm
Cultellus wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:03 pm
Yeah, and we have people baptizing the dead and marrying them too. Kooks are gonna kook no matter what. We all came from one of the kookiest ideologies ever (excluding ceeboo), and at no point did we represent a majority. I stand by what I said, there are more people bowing and worshiping at the feet of the Q believers than there are Q believers. See your post, see Gad's post, see the media.
Are the people holding Q signs Q believer believers or just Q believers?

What about the Q believer believer believers? They must be the largest group of worshipers by far. How far down does it go?
A bunch of dicks is what. Not sure why you think that is a larger group. I have no clue how far it goes. I have only ever met one Q believer that said they were into that kook. I only have to log in to this board to see believer believers. Does that make me a believer believer believer?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Cultellus wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:06 pm
drumdude wrote:

What about the Q believer believer believers? They must be the largest group of worshipers by far. How far down does it go?
A bunch of dicks is what. Not sure why you think that is a larger group. I have no clue how far it goes. I have only ever met one Q believer that said they were into that kook. I only have to log in to this board to see believer believers. Does that make me a believer believer believer?

According to a whole lotta polls, you’ve just called up to a third of all Republican voters dicks.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

drumdude wrote:
Cultellus wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:03 pm

Yeah, and we have people baptizing the dead and marrying them too. Kooks are gonna kook no matter what. We all came from one of the kookiest ideologies ever (excluding ceeboo), and at no point did we represent a majority. I stand by what I said, there are more people bowing and worshiping at the feet of the Q believers than there are Q believers. See your post, see Gad's post, see the media.

It's turtles all the way down.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Bought Yahoo
High Councilman

Post by Bought Yahoo »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:00 pm

According to a whole lotta polls, you’ve just called up to a third of all Republican voters dicks.
Trump is a dick and a whale of a lotta voters believe in him. And I'm a conservative liberatarian.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

This happened when Hillary and the DNC ran a bad primary and a bad general election.
It's one of a million memes out there and relatively tame. Get over it. Tame compared to right-wing memes on 4-chan. Your own Brandon meme is about the same level. You and A-Mike -- "Look how dumb the liberals are, har har, they don't realize that's not what Brandon actually said!, har har har"
Gad, shutup with your common bond between Christians (for this Terrestrial Forum read Mormons) and Nazis nonsense. You are embarrassing yourself.
I'm sorry that you can't handle the fact that we have a unique problem here on the right, and one that includes a whole lot of Mormons; one without a 1:1 reflection on the left. The guy you and A-Mike defend to the bitter end in SP is living proof that all may co-exist together, as he's alt-right, Christian, and a tithe-paying Mormon. You give him a free pass, and call anybody who criticizes him racist. That's fine, I mean, the insults you throw at me personally have lost their meaning given the overuse, so please feel free to continue. But turning your head to the problem and pointing to the messenger won't make the problem go away.

An NPR interview:
GROSS: So we've talked about the alliance between Donald Trump and the Christian right. Let's get to the alt-right. How does the alt-right connect in there? Does the alt-right connect to the Christian right, as well as to Donald Trump?

POSNER: Donald Trump speaks to both of these constituencies simultaneously when he articulates the grievances of white America. So the same grievances that he talked about in the opening of his campaign energized both the alt-right, you know, the white supremacist fringe of the American right, as well as white evangelicals who also shared these grievances about Mexicans who were criminals coming to take their jobs or change the fabric of America.
Plenty of Mormons are a part of this, Cultellus, whether you like it or not.
GROSS: And so has he - has Trump brought together the alt-right and the Christian right in a way they hadn't been together before? Or are they already connected?

POSNER: I think that they're connected by a shared hostility to liberal democracy. So there are people in the alt-right who have a lot of contempt for the Christian right and vice versa. There are a lot of people on the Christian right who would never go to a rally where people were giving Hitler salutes, which is something that happens at alt-right rallies. And there are a lot of people on the alt-right who don't really consider themselves to be particularly religious and don't really like the moralizing of the Christian right.

That said, the two movements do find a common hero in Trump. And that's because they do share the same grievances and the same scapegoats for a lot of those grievances. So a lot of the conspiracy theories that you see Trump peddling in his Twitter account you will see articulated in Christian right and alt-right circles. So George Soros is a boogeyman in both movements. And, you know, political correctness or cultural Marxism are phrases that are used to identify, basically, you know, a liberal democracy that they see as hostile to their interests.
As I said, there is a common bond, but plenty of tension and disagreement. Can QAnon resolve that tension? I don't know. Neo-Nazis tend to think Q is weak; it has the necessary personal delusion, but a lot of Q are venting and entertaining themselves and not action oriented. That's a real problem. Even worse, Q is popular with many nationalities. But, the growing popularity with the masses is a huge benefit. If Christianity can split then so can Q.

Q is getting hugely popular with right-wing Christians:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYMIozCKxGE

Please feel free to reply with the youtube link showing liberal secularists who are major Q believers, as "you can find anything on the Internet" according to you. Or feel free to just insult me personally, as you always do, having no response and being completely owned.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Sarah Posner? Christamighty. TDS much? Jesus F. Christ. Uh, sure. You just keep on with your NPR and Sarah Posner.

I do not stick up for anyone in SP except for me, oh, and sometimes ceeboo. Is that who you are talking about? I said to shutup about Christians and Nazis. You moved the goalposts and you do not own ****, as usual. Write better.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I'm sorry if you don't like the source. Feel free to refute the source rather than dismiss it with your usual 'FFS'.

Feel free to link to an article or youtube video showing that QAnon has serious support from liberals.
I do not stick up for anyone in SP except for me, oh, and sometimes ceeboo. Is that who you are talking about?
No. Ceeboo isn't Mormon and does not like Mormonism, which is why he gave me a free pass for being a dick towards Mormon apologists all of these years.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:27 am
I'm sorry if you don't like the source. Feel free to refute the source rather than dismiss it with your usual 'FFS'.

Feel free to link to an article or youtube video showing that QAnon has serious support from liberals.
I do not stick up for anyone in SP except for me, oh, and sometimes ceeboo. Is that who you are talking about?
No. Ceeboo isn't Mormon and does not like Mormonism, which is why he gave me a free pass for being a dick towards Mormon apologists all of these years.
I never said QAnon has serious support from liberals. I am not sure why you have to twist things and make stuff up like you do, FFS.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:58 am
… the two movements do find a common hero in Trump. And that's because they do share the same grievances and the same scapegoats for a lot of those grievances. So a lot of the conspiracy theories that you see Trump peddling in his Twitter account you will see articulated in Christian right and alt-right circles.

Although it’s just anecdote, personal experience sides with Posner’s observation. The more religiously committed an extended family member of mine is, the farther they’ve dipped into the ever-deepening pool of Qanonsense. The two most Evangelical ones repeat tales of factually nonexistent but imagined vast fraud and of God coming to boot Biden out of the Presidency, to be replaced by a Triumphant Donald, who will be favored by The Almighty for Trump’s supposed International Battle Against the Pedophilia Cabal. I haven’t checked in with those relatives over the past few months to see how they’ve reacted to the failure of these prophesies to occur as dated (Biden was supposed to be in jail by now), but I’d wager that the more that their beliefs are proven to be nonsense, the harder that they go all in on them.

As for folks defending the current state of conspiratorial affairs by saying that they don’t know anyone who has outright claimed to be an acolyte of the QAnon movement so it is therefore a tiny movement, I’d only point out that this is as useless a statement as saying that because they don’t know of anyone who has publicly admitted to them that they’re a racist, that racism must be as rare as those admissions.