Kwaku El posts violent anti-Dehlin video

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
shiz
Nursery

Re: Kwaku El posts violent anti-Dehlin video

Post by shiz »

And here's Kwaku's latest tweet, where Kwaku is Peter Pan and Dehlin is Hook. The last hashtag is the earth-shatteringly shocking #JosephSmithDidNothingWrong. He don't give a bleep, apparently.

https://Twitter.com/thekwakuel/status/1 ... 8313788416
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Ok, I just watched the video.

:o

It's horrifying. This violent representation made personally against Dehlin is a crime. It's also, likely, a copyright infringement of a motion picture.

Kwaku is going to be in serious trouble.
lemuel
Nursery

Post by lemuel »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:12 pm

It's horrifying. This violent representation made personally against Dehlin is a crime. It's also, likely, a copyright infringement of a motion picture.

Horrifying? I mean I watched Inglorious Basterds and thought it was fun. It reminds me of when people got super offended when trump retweeted a meme of him pro wrestling cnn: https://youtu.be/85Eu1heYpuc?t=13 Crude, but not an incitement to violence. Dehlin wouldn't've posted it if it was.
shiz
Nursery

Post by shiz »

Kwaku is way out of line, attempting to display his righteous indignation by means of visual metaphor. Anyone writing it off might react differently if it happened to them. Kwaku is adopting the "old school" Mormonism approach, which is made obvious in the last scene of the inglorious movie clip where his heroes Brigham and Hugh cheer on the brutal killing.

At the end of Naked Mormonism's 10 part series, Bryce B pontificates on the violent legacy of the church that has long been dormant with an LDS people who are today pretty tranquil and mild. But the scriptures, quotes, and apocalyptic doctrines could easily be used to justify Tarantino levels of violence. If I was Dehlin, I would also be calling the cops. I'm sure FairMormon will be condemning sometime soon.

And guys....Kwaku's show is TITS. Did no one notice this before? :lol: :lol: :| :shock:
lemuel
Nursery

Post by lemuel »

shiz wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:48 pm
Kwaku is way out of line, attempting to display his righteous indignation by means of visual metaphor. Anyone writing it off might react differently if it happened to them. Kwaku is adopting the "old school" Mormonism approach, which is made obvious in the last scene of the inglorious movie clip where his heroes Brigham and Hugh cheer on the brutal killing.

At the end of Naked Mormonism's 10 part series, Bryce B pontificates on the violent legacy of the church that has long been dormant with an LDS people who are today pretty tranquil and mild. But the scriptures, quotes, and apocalyptic doctrines could easily be used to justify Tarantino levels of violence. If I was Dehlin, I would also be calling the cops. I'm sure FairMormon will be condemning sometime soon.

And guys....Kwaku's show is TITS. Did no one notice this before? :lol: :lol: :| :shock:
Kwaku is way out of line, but being something of an awful human myself, I think it's fun to watch Kwaku simultaneously embarrass the church and John Dehlin:
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Did Quacko actually make this video and or release it to the public with his approval?

Or did he just happen to come across it and comment about it?

I'm confused.

:?
hambergler
Nursery

Post by hambergler »

lemuel wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:24 pm
Shulem wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:12 pm

Horrifying? I mean I watched Inglorious Basterds and thought it was fun. It reminds me of when people got super offended when trump retweeted a meme of him pro wrestling cnn: https://youtu.be/85Eu1heYpuc?t=13 Crude, but not an incitement to violence. Dehlin wouldn't've posted it if it was.
I think bashing someone's head in is SLIGHTLY different than a WWE match, but what do I know
lemuel
Nursery

Post by lemuel »

hambergler wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:09 pm
lemuel wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:24 pm

I think bashing someone's head in is SLIGHTLY different than a WWE match, but what do I know
Your point is valid but on the other hand, it's just a meme. In both cases, the violence was fake. I'm just getting a boner at the prospect of the Q15 watching these videos in their weekly meeting and discussing "what should be done about this Kwaku?" And Gerrit Gong trying to explain the plot of Inglorious Basterds to the Octogenarians.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

My feeble little mind seems to conclude that Quacko did not make or endorse the violent video but simply retweeted it.

BUT, his big mistake was in retweeting it. He should not have done that. To make matters worse he did not condemn it.

I understand he hasn't graduated from BYU? Could it be that the way things are going, he will not graduate from BYU?

Oh my. Poor Quacko, the DUCK. Quac, quack, quack!!
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:27 pm
My feeble little mind seems to conclude that Quacko did not make or endorse the violent video but simply retweeted it.

BUT, his big mistake was in retweeting it. He should not have done that. To make matters worse he did not condemn it.

I understand he hasn't graduated from BYU? Could it be that the way things are going, he will not graduate from BYU?

Oh my. Poor Quacko, the DUCK. Quac, quack, quack!!
Is it not valid to consider retweeting as endorsing?
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!