Senator Mike Lee Compares Donald Trump to Captain Moroni

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Senator Mike Lee Compares Donald Trump to Captain Moroni

Post by Res Ipsa »

Dr. Sunstoned wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:08 am
Over a MDD the tread discussing this topic ballooned to 7 pages inside of a day before it was shut down. I was troubling to read some of the attempts to defend Trump. Here is an example:
Of all the scandalous personal behavior people incessantly accuse him of, I’ve noticed that none of it post-dates the election of 2016. With all the vehement hatred against him, I should think somebody would have unearthed something by now that occurred since then (and no, I don’t accept the partisan impeachment scam).

One wonders if there is an individual statute of limitations on a person’s judgmentalism.
Apparently to some, bad behavior has a shelf life.
LOL. There’s no evidence of X except all the evidence of X, which I choose to ignore.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
DrW
Priest

Post by DrW »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:42 pm
Dr. Sunstoned wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:08 am
Over a MDD the tread discussing this topic ballooned to 7 pages inside of a day before it was shut down. I was troubling to read some of the attempts to defend Trump. Here is an example:

"Of all the scandalous personal behavior people incessantly accuse him of, I’ve noticed that none of it post-dates the election of 2016. With all the vehement hatred against him, I should think somebody would have unearthed something by now that occurred since then (and no, I don’t accept the partisan impeachment scam)."

Apparently to some, bad behavior has a shelf life.
LOL. There’s no evidence of X except all the evidence of X, which I choose to ignore.
Apparently the 20,000 + verified lies that Trump has told since the 2016 election do not count as sin or bad behavior in Trumpland, just as lying for the Lord does not count as sin when skilfully practiced by high level leaders in Mormondom.

ETA: The MDD discussion on this topic is worth a look. Lots more folks who are posting seem to oppose Trump than I would have anticipated.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous." (David Hume)
"Errors in science are learning opportunities and are corrected when better data become available." (DrW)
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:27 am
The next step for Senator Lee is to suggest that the likeness of Trump be placed alongside the Christus statue in the Visitor's Center.
Next to? Just replace it, everyone loves a pussy grabber in Utah more than a mere Savior sort of Son of God.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Something for Trump to grab onto tonight (Halloween)

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:06 am
lol, Penguin!
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

It's too bad Republicans also own Dan Peterson's Sic et Non and control what he can say politically. I'd love to read what he really thinks of Captain MorDonaldi. It's too bad there wasn't a good enough "man" living today in Mormonism to be compared to such an great one as Captain MorDonaldi.....
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

The apologists now have a more powerful enemy than ex-Mormons telling the real truth.... their own Mormon politicians..... and the chapel Mormons will find the politicians more persuasive than the Mopologists arguments are..... I wonder how well the Mopes will do in the up coming battle ...
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

I wonder if Lee is yet embarrassed out of his mind about his idiotic comparison yet, seeing how Trump has childishly acted this last month...... If there was a Captain Moroni and he meets Lee in the afterlife, I predict a serious savage dressing down of Lee. He'll be cleaning the poop pots for years.....