Shout Out to Shulem!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Shout Out to Shulem!

Post by Moksha »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:45 am
Shulem wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:24 pm
Right, even I noticed that, lol. Thanks for the posting the Facsimile No. 3 pic above, Dr. Shades.
Did I really post Facsimile No. 3? Please look again, VERY closely. :-)
Another tribute to Bernie Moroni.

I see a Senator name Bernie Moroni
He is shivering just like macaroni.
We're all as happy now as we can be,
Shulem and Anubis underneath the apple tree.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:45 am
Did I really post Facsimile No. 3? Please look again, VERY closely. :-)

Fig. 1. Bernie sitting upon a church chair, by the politeness of President NelSatan, with a mask over his face, representing the Pandemic, as emblematical of the rapid rise of Covid-19 in America; wearing gloves on his hands and fasting with hunger in order to get God to show a little mercy.
Shulem
God

SPECIAL ANNOUNCMENT!!!

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:03 pm
Learned men of the universities of Smith's day had a crude understanding about some basic iconic representations of Egyptian gods. Egyptology was at that time in its infancy but there was some understanding or recognition of famous iconographic images of Egyptian deities.

I do believe that some basic and crude understanding of Egyptology was had within Freemasonry and recorded in their papers and handbooks and even crafted on temple walls of Freemasonry. Yes, even in the Grand Lodge of Philadelphia. Images of Egyptian gods and other curious iconographic symbols were very much used by the Masons, and Smith himself was a Mason.

Here is a book, written in 1885 which bears light of how Masons viewed Anubis.

THE
ORIGIN AND ANTIQUITY
OF
F 'R E E MAS 0 N R Y.,
ITS RITES ' AND CEREMONIES;
TRACED FROM ANCIENT TO MODERN TIMES, IN A SERIES
OF ESSAYS.

Opposite stood Cynopolis, where the Deity "Anubis" was adored in the shape of a dog.

LOOK WHAT I FOUND:

:o

Mysterious Dog-Headed St. Christopher Reminds Of The Egyptian Jackal God Anubis

17th century icon of St-Stephen and St-Christopher:

Ellen Lloyd - AncientPages.com wrote:It’s curious because the holy Christian reminds of the Jackal God Anubis, one of the immortal Egyptian gods. In the underworld, Anubis was the protector of the dead bodies. His widely known epithet the ‘Lord of the sacred land’ or ‘Lord of the pure land’ emphasized his supreme power over desert areas covered with necropolises. Also his title ‘He who is upon his sacred mountain’ relates to the jackal god watching over the burials of the dead from the heights of the desert cliffs.
Ellen Lloyd - AncientPages.com wrote:The Orthodox icon of St. Christopher presents him as a warrior cynocephalus, a dog-headed man from Lycea. Sometimes he is also of gigantic size as well. According to his tradition, he was a Roman soldier taken from the far end of the world who converted and was martyred by an Emperor.
Shulem
God

"Fig. 6. Olimlah, a slave belonging to the prince."

Post by Shulem »

HE IS NOT A SLAVE!

Statue of the Egyptian god Anubis; Vatican Museum, Rome. (1st-2nd century CE)

Shulem
God

Olimlah?

Post by Shulem »

How hardly does he look like a "slave". But get rid of the snout and nobody will know the difference.

Shulem
God

No more "woodcut"

Post by Shulem »

On a positive note, it's nice to know that the Church Website now describes the Book of Abraham Facsimile Printing Plates made by Reuben Hedlock as "lead plates" whereby the old misnomer of "woodcuts" has bit the dust.

I wonder how the Church managed to see the light? Didn't I have something to do with that?

;)
CHURCH HISTORY wrote:This lead plate was engraved by Reuben Hedlock as part of the printing of the book of Abraham in the Church’s newspaper the Times and Seasons.

Golly, and I don't even get a footnote? lol

:(

Now, the next step is to get the Church to admit that the original snout of Anubis was hacked out of the face when Smith realized it wasn't in his best interest to publish a picture of Anubis under the guise of a slave.

:twisted:

Also, we have this from the JOSEPH SMITH PAPERS:
JSP wrote:By early 1841, Nauvoo-based printer Ebenezer Robinson began stereotyping a second edition of the Doctrine and Covenants in the same office where the church newspaper Times and Seasons was published.
JSP wrote:Stereotyping, a common nineteenth-century printing practice, was intended to speed up the process of mass printing. After setting type for a page, the printer created a mold of the type, into which he poured hot lead, thereby creating a plate from which to print each page. This allowed the individual pieces of type to be reused to set additional pages. The plates could be reused for later printings.
Shulem
God

"Translated from the papyrus"

Post by Shulem »

Gabriel wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:14 am
At any rate, I am wondering if the church is moving the facsimiles to the end of the narrative as a preliminary move to just get rid of them altogether and go full-on catalyst theory so that they no longer have to deal with all the issues that you and a host of other scholars are raising on the forensic side of things.

The Facsimiles were originally showcased first and foremost along with the text -- as manifested in the publications of the Times and Seasons as well as the first edition of the Pearl of Great Price; the latter publication made a point that the English saints should know that Smith translated "from the papyrus". The Book of Abraham was published in the First Edition of the Pearl of Great Price in Liverpool England by Franklin D. Richards in 1851.

A Fac=Simile From the Book of Abraham. No. 1.
A Fac=Simile From the Book of Abraham. No. 3.
Pearl of Great Price First Edition wrote:
THE BOOK OF ABRAHAM.

"A TRANSLATION OF SOME ANCIENT RECORDS, THAT HAVE FALLEN INTO OUR
HANDS FROM THE CATACOMBS OF EGYPT, PURPORTING TO BE THE WRITINGS
OF ABRAHAM WHILE HE WAS IN EGYPT, CALLED THE BOOK OF ABRAHAM,
WRITTEN BY HIS OWN HAND, UPON PAPYRUS." ꟷ Times & Seasons, Vol. III. p.

(Translated from the papyrus, by Joseph Smith.)

Notice the first thing that is published of the Book of Abraham is: A Fac=Simile From the Book of Abraham. No. 1., followed by the EXPLANATION OF THE ABOVE CUT., (FIG. 1-12). This is followed by the title and introduction along with this key declaration:

"(Translated from the papyrus, by Joseph Smith.)"

Smith did NOT translate out of thin air as he did with parts of the Book of Moses. He did not translate using a Catalyst as a trigger. He did not translate by channeling something invisible. He translated FROM the papyrus! Period.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Lem,

At present, I'm leaning heavily on the conclusion that Smith did not purposely remove the jackal head from the papyrus vignette of Facsimile No. 1, while in Ohio. I base this on the idea that Smith had not yet made the connection of Anubis between the characters of Facsimiles 1 & 3. That connection would come later in Nauvoo when he learned about Masonry and the work of translation was resumed. I'm still very much open to the idea that the head was removed in Nauvoo.

We still need to ascertain whether the pencil doodling occurred in Ohio or later after the move to Illinois. Considering all the details said about the papyrus scenes of the rolls and fragments from Cowdery and others, to my recollection, nobody ever mentioned a sacrificial knife in Abraham's hand until Nauvoo. Not even the first chapter of Abraham which was produced in Ohio mention a knife, per se, but only that the priest of Elkenah and the Egyptians lifted up their hands upon Abraham to slay him on the altar he described in the form of a bedstead, but nothing is ever said about a knife. Nobody in Kirtland ever said anything about a priest having a knife. This leads me to consider the following condition of the papyrus while in Ohio:

A. The head was intact
B. There never was a head

1. IF the head remained intact while in Ohio, then the doodling must have occurred in Nauvoo after the head was removed.
2. IF the head never existed, then the doodling likely occurred in Nauvoo because nobody ever mentioned the knife in Ohio.

So, at this point of the game, all roads lead to Nauvoo, wherein the dirty deed was committed.
Shulem
God

Your honor, I present: The Holy Father of Rome as my witness

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:28 pm
HE IS NOT A SLAVE!

Statue of the Egyptian god Anubis; Vatican Museum, Rome. (1st-2nd century CE)

The Holy Father will now speak:

Suppose that the original papyrus and vignette of Facsimile No. 3, was taken to the Vatican to be examined by Pope Gregory XVI and his scribes and interpreters. What might the Holy Father have to say about the black personage having a jackal/dog head? Do you suppose he might connect it with his Anubis statue in the Vatican? Certainly yes. Scholars were well aware of the stories passed down by the Greeks regarding the jackal headed man of the Egyptian pantheon, named "ANUBIS"!

I can assure you that the Holy Father of the Roman Catholic church would not have scraped off the nose of Anubis and labeled him a slave. That would not have happened. But we see the deceit and trickery of the Mormon prophet who being caught in his own snare and web of deception -- he mutilated the Egyptian god in order to elevate himself in the eyes of his followers. That, my friends, is an evil deed, an act of wickedness in which Smith has cause to repent.

Amen.
Shulem
God

Re: Your honor, I present: The Holy Father of Rome as my witness

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:25 pm
Suppose that the original papyrus and vignette of Facsimile No. 3, was taken to the Vatican to be examined by Pope Gregory XVI and his scribes and interpreters. What might the Holy Father have to say about the black personage having a jackal/dog head? Do you suppose he might connect it with his Anubis statue in the Vatican? Certainly yes. Scholars were well aware of the stories passed down by the Greeks regarding the jackal headed man of the Egyptian pantheon, named "ANUBIS"!

I can assure you that the Holy Father of the Roman Catholic church would not have scraped off the nose of Anubis and labeled him a slave. That would not have happened. But we see the deceit and trickery of the Mormon prophet who being caught in his own snare and web of deception -- he mutilated the Egyptian god in order to elevate himself in the eyes of his followers. That, my friends, is an evil deed, an act of wickedness in which Smith has cause to repent.

Amen.

The Holy Father would have not made the mistakes made by the uninspired Mormons. Smith would have been well advised to seek counsel from the Catholic Church concerning the meaning of the papyrus in which he knew NOTHING about. I mentioned above, that Pope Gregory XVI could have given an honest response to the truth of Fig. 6., in Facsimile No. 3., unlike the lie that rolled of Smith's tongue.

I can prove the Vatican in 1839 was more qualified to answer questions pertaining to Egyptology:

Gregorian Egyptian Museum:
Founded on the initiative of Pope Gregory XVI in 1839

See also 4 minute YouTube video of the Gregorian Egyptian Museum Egyptian Room.