It's My Birthday Today BIG 60!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

It's My Birthday Today BIG 60!

Post by Philo Sofee »

OK then... I have turned 60, entered my 6th seal in life presuming each decade can be seen as a 10 year seal (of approval hopefully - GRIN!)

I have always had the idea that each decade gets better without ever defining what better means. Clever of me eh? LOL! So, It's like a get another 10 year run to getting better. So far, I can say, each decade has gotten better! So this is good, I am on track... for what I haven't gotta clue - whee!

But perhaps I can exercise a more mystic esoteric bent this next ten years, as the last 10 years sort of took me out of that groove into a different one which has been an interesting ride to be sure, not regretted.

Anyway, no one at work believes me, they all think I am around 50 or so, which I take as a good sign. Perhaps its the big kid in me which always come out energetically so they don't see me slowing down and beginning to shuffle my feet and forget things. It may work if I continue to project that view onto the world through my 60's.

In the meantime, I am going to go have my cake AND eat it too tonight! Yeah! I get to do that once a year you know... Thanks to al of you for all you do for and with me, I am looking forward to years of learning with you all!

Frater Old Fart,
Kerry
consiglieri
Prophet

Re: It's My Birthday Today BIG 60!

Post by consiglieri »

Happy Birthday!

I want to celebrate by interviewing you on RFM!

What say you?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Happy Birthday, Kerry. We all chipped in and got you a pandemic and an insurrection.

We promise to do better present-wise for your 70th. :lol:
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Congrats! I turn 50 this year, and you’ve shown me over the years a man can maintain curiosity and passion for life throughout his middle age. I look fwd to you sharing your wisdom with us as time marches on.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Wow, Happy Birthday professor!!

I got you a cupcake, but ate it on the way over
to your office. Instead I’ll wish you Happy Birthday a second time. Happy Birthday!
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Happy Birthday, Philo.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Happy Birthday Philo Sofee! 60 years old? Oh come on. You don't look a day over still throws sparks.

: - )
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

There is a good thing about turning a year older.

You are still with us. Glad you can join all the rest of us who are already a year older than last yaar, it is good to have you around.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipfpIFgabS8

Kerry,
Kerry,
Kerry,
Big 60!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Dr. Sunstoned
Valiant A

Post by Dr. Sunstoned »

Happy Birthday! by the way, 60 is the new 40.