Vogel's new book on Abraham

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Re: Vogel's new book on Abraham

Post by Dr Moore »

A toast to Vogel for painstakingly picking up all of the steaming, smelly pies that are Book of Abraham apologetics. This one’s for you!
CB04B191-FBDB-49BE-84C5-DA1DDA256E2A.jpeg
CB04B191-FBDB-49BE-84C5-DA1DDA256E2A.jpeg (157.32 KiB) Viewed 651 times
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:14 pm
The Catalyst theory is DOA and the moment the Church officially endorses it there will be an immediate response from me and it won't go well for the Church.
Shulem and Anubis vs Gee and the Church formerly known as Mormon.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:48 am
Shulem wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:14 pm
The Catalyst theory is DOA and the moment the Church officially endorses it there will be an immediate response from me and it won't go well for the Church.
Shulem and Anubis vs Gee and the Church formerly known as Mormon.

Taylor, Woodruff, and Hedlock were loyal to Joseph Smith and assisted him at the press in getting the Book of Abraham published. Hedlock was in on the finer points of what Smith wanted done with the Facsimiles. Nobody told Hedlock what to do with the Facsimiles other than Joseph Smith himself who personally managed that aspect very closely. It was Joseph Smith who instructed Hedlock to chisel out the snout upon realizing that the Masonic connection with the Dog Star would have been obvious and contradict his original interpretation of a "slave". So get rid of the snout. Hedlock did just that. And, I confirmed something last night (revelation) while contemplating this thing about the notches in the lead where the snout once was. Hedlock did that for a reason. I was right all along. It's breaking news for sure. Gee and Muhlestein are a pair of dodos. Hauglid was the smart one. Needless to say, Hedlock left the church a few years later in Britain. He took his secret with him.

Oh, I guess the Vogel thread is derailed? I don't think Dan cares anyway. Oh well, what the hell.

lol

:lol:
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I imagine this was the first (and possibly only) case of religious snout vandalism. Rather creepy that it was due to a deception which would have gone undetected if not for the sleuthing of Shulem!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

Few who look at a face will feel doubt
And suspect that it once was a snout,
But those people like Shulem,
You just cannot fool em.
And now the snout secret is out.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Physics Guy wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:53 pm
You just cannot fool 'em.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:26 pm
Physics Guy wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:53 pm
You just cannot fool ''em.

Laugh it up fuzzballs!!

In the meantime, you'll just have to wait until I get around to creating my special thread up in the Celestial Forum about Anubis and his snout. Oh, it promises to be really good. It will be a testimony breaker! I realize I've already said a lot of stuff about this particular happenstance but I can assure you that there is more to be said and Vogel is going to want to pay attention because it involves church history and and all that good stuff. So, I will tell you more about those notches made in the lead plate and how and why Reuben made them!

I'll bet you're curious. I'll bet you want to know. Oh, I think I know what dear ole Reuben was doing. You can count on Shulem to tell you when I feel like it. Until such time, the secret remains safely with me. Ain't that right, Reuben?

;)

Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Dan,

I finished reading Race and Cosmos. Good job. Looking forward to the Hebrew and the chapter on theories.

I trust you won't disappoint me. Hmmm. Let's see. lol

:D
dan vogel
CTR A

Post by dan vogel »

Thanks for your comments Shulem. I'm putting together a response to Gee's interview. If it works out, I'll post it in a few weeks. He says some outrageous things and makes many mistakes.
dan vogel
CTR A

Post by dan vogel »

Dr Moore wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:06 am
A toast to Vogel for painstakingly picking up all of the steaming, smelly pies that are Book of Abraham apologetics. This one’s for you!

CB04B191-FBDB-49BE-84C5-DA1DDA256E2A.jpeg
So true about BS taking less time to fix. I definitely feel that.