midgleyisms

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: midgleyisms

Post by drumdude »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:22 pm
I didn’t know the Restoration included a false 9/11 transcript. -_-
Allegedly fake. Dan looked into it and can't tell one way or the other. :lol:
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Midgely wrote:Well, the fact is that some who have never been believers, or who once were sort of believers, have a hard time engaging in even a bad conversation.
I love how their minds are constantly fighting the voice of reason in their own head.

"They believed once, maybe they have a point, Midge."

"NO! They must have been sort-of-believers! No one can just walk away from Mormonism for a good reason! Yes that's the answer!"
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:36 pm
Midgely wrote:Well, the fact is that some who have never been believers, or who once were sort of believers, have a hard time engaging in even a bad conversation.
I love how their minds are constantly fighting the voice of reason in their own head.

"They believed once, maybe they have a point, Midge."

"NO! They must have been sort-of-believers! No one can just walk away from Mormonism for a good reason! Yes that's the answer!"
The Midge has been on a roll lately, and by “roll” I mean projecting like like a patient in a psych ward. What is it with the Midge and his almost pathological inability to detect cleverness and humor? Anyway, gemli uses ‘sky beings’ as an aphorism for ‘unseen deities in a place or state where proof of their existence is designed to be impossible to detect’:
- gemli: No one believes in invisible sky beings. You are the only one who enjoys opining in that absurd way. For some very odd reason you seem to enjoy making an utter fool out of yourself by posting rubbish.

- gemli: Your host on sic et non tolerates your obvious ignorance and increasingly hostile comments because they always illustrate the problems with dogmatic certainty coupled to essentially total ignorance in your often rude comments.

- … the obvious fact is that gemli has not learned much of anything in at least six decades.

- gemli: Please pay attention. I fully agree that people who claim to believe in what you insist are "invisible sky beings" are being either silly, being playful, and so forth. But the fact is that I am not aware of any Christians who believe in such things. There is exactly no mention of such a thing in the scriptures of Latter-day Saints. And your use of such language shows that you are the one who is being foolish.
It’s astonishing to me with regard to why the blog’s proprietor continues to allows gemli to run circles around the commenters, and especially the Midge.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Louis Midgley B. Wilson • 2 days ago • edited

I have been busy on other things. However, when I have had a moment, I have given some serious thought to the gemli issue.

At one point I decided that responding to gemli was the moral equivalent of pestering a seriously handicapped person. So I decided not to respond to him again….

This resolve lasted just a bit over a month. Then I was lured into pointing out that his ignorance….

For reasons that I find almost pathological, gemli has not… figured out that Latter-day Saint find much that is praiseworthy and also good and true in that remarkable world faith community. Of course we find difference from and also some problems with the faith of Muslims, as well as Eastern Orthodox, Roman Catholics, and various Protestants….

I am now almost ready to beg Professor Peterson to find some nice clever way to end my own urge to respond to gemli. Of course, I could block him, but every response to him by others would be a temptation to do so myself. Put another way, Professor Peterson is, exactly like me, more than merely tempted to waste time responding to gemli.

I actually think that I would be a better Latter-day Saint if right now he vanished from my world, or that I would never again see one of his comments.

http://disq.us/p/2k6fbrt
:roll: the Midge thinks he can be a better Mormon if those who disagree with him would just vanish from this world.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I don't think any power in the known universe is capable of transforming Lou Midge into a good person, let alone a good Mormon.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Lem
:roll: the Midge thinks he can be a better Mormon if those who disagree with him would just vanish from this world.
Yes, turning to Jesus is just asking too much, make all (incorrectly perceived) enemies disappear and all the sudden Midge can become celestial! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everyone else within Mormonism can be good Mormons despite having people who disagree with them and their theological thinking. NOT Midget! He can't stand others disagreeing with him!!! Get rid of them all Lord, they are THE problem! Midgley to Jesus in his prayers for deliverance "Can't you see that Lord? Help thou mine unbelief by getting rid of every single person on this planet for me so I can come home unto thee in perfect righteousness, otherwise, I am afraid you are going to lose my illustrious company in your presence! You don't want that do you Lord? I am such a great man to hang out with, just ask my wife, she's up there right now cleaning your own toilets and cooking your meals like she did for me. She's a good woman Lord, ask her for me!"
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Looking over Shulem's thread that he bumped, I see a couple Midgley quotes in my sig line that are worth taking a moment to remind the folks at SeN about.

Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

Lou Midgley 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.

LOL!