Missionary Numbers plummet

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Missionary Numbers plummet

Post by Moksha »

All the Church needs to do is extend active missionary status to age 110 and the numbers would skyrocket, for at least a year!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:23 am

Wait a year or so and see if the numbers start picking back up again. I wouldn’t get wrapped up in contortions about it. Although it does give some of you folks something else to have a conniption fit about. 😉

Regards,
MG

Not so fast, small man. Now that all those Mormon boys have had a taste of freedom from going to church and submitting themselves to the rigor of Mormon mind control there won't be the kind of submission we've seen over past generations from the youth. The mind control party is over! The youth have experienced freedom and have been able to breathe a little easier without excessive controls.

I'm afraid Mormonism is in a downward spiral. The rising generation is not putting up with the nonsense and garbage the Church foisted on them for generations. Nobody believes the Explanations of the Facsimiles and the Book of Abraham is pure fiction. The youth today know that!

Freedom at last! The Mormon Church is turning into a museum.

Yeah! Victory, victory!!

:P
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:32 pm
[Exactly THE point MG, exactly the point. All kinds of world disasters these days are quite literally unforeseen by anyone.....anyone in any of the states in the United States. Any of them... including the seer state Utah. Utah not only has a blind seer, but blind public, just like the entire rest of the world.

When Rusty looks into his lighted pen it gives him sheer delight and no doubt excites him. Poor Wendy has to put out. When that pen starts to glow it's time for Wendy to do her duty.

:lol:
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

My money is for a continued downward trend. Post-pandemic, there might be a slight rise for a year or so, but I don't expect it to increase that dramatically. Religion in general is losing steam. The CES letter is still out there. Also, as Shulem said, the kids have tasted what it's like not going to church and a significant percentage won't want to return.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:03 pm
My money is for a continued downward trend. Post-pandemic, there might be a slight rise for a year or so, but I don't expect it to increase that dramatically. Religion in general is losing steam. The CES letter is still out there. Also, as Shulem said, the kids have tasted what it's like not going to church and a significant percentage won't want to return.

Exactly, and especially all those teen boys that have experienced new freedoms in exploring their personal sexuality with themselves are not at all going to want to discuss those matters with their prying bishops. Those days are over! The boys have treated themselves and there is no going back. Church control over the crotch has ended! The boys aren't gonna take it anymore.

Hey, girls too, I guess. They also like to play? Right?

Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

mentalgymnast wrote:
To be fair, the pandemic and all of its unforeseen consequences has thrown a monkey wrench into just about everything, including missionary work. My guess is that it has had an impact on other churches and their outreach programs also.

Wait a year or so and see if the numbers start picking back up again. I wouldn’t get wrapped up in contortions about it. Although it does give some of you folks something else to have a conniption fit about. 😉

Regards,
MG
If only there was a worldwide fast, or something, that could take the monkey wrench out.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:06 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:03 pm

Exactly, and especially all those teen boys that have experienced new freedoms in exploring their personal sexuality with themselves are not at all going to want to discuss those matters with their prying bishops. Those days are over! The boys have treated themselves and there is no going back. Church control over the crotch has ended! The boys aren't gonna take it anymore.

Hey, girls too, I guess. They also like to play? Right?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

mentalgymnast wrote:
dastardly stem wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:38 pm
Another comment,

Let's let it sink in that the missionary count is roughly half of what these prophets, seers, and revelators expected it to be right now. Really...what happened? How were they so off?
To be fair, the pandemic and all of its unforeseen consequences has thrown a monkey wrench into just about everything, including missionary work. My guess is that it has had an impact on other churches and their outreach programs also.

Regards,
MG
I'd say the pandemic is an adequate reason to suggest the numbers are down from say the year before...but to say it's a good reason that the numbers are nowhere near what the brethren expected just some 5 or 6 years ago? no....I don't think it works very well. If there is a recovery from the pandemic I'm guessing we'd see a 20 percent increase, but likely not a 100% increase.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Shulem
God

Freedom rocks!

Post by Shulem »

Party time for Mormon boys!

Shulem
God

The BOYS are free

Post by Shulem »

No more going back. The young men of the Church have let the cat out of the bag and they're free from those horrible questions that prying bishops love to ask in effort to guilt boys about their personal sexuality. Girls too. They have been free to explore themselves and are not going to put up with creepy bishops who will only appear as molesters attempting to get juicy personal information from kids.

It's over! It's over!

THE BOYS ARE FREE. FREE AT LAST.

girls too

;)