FAIR Mormon Adopts A New Name And A More Gentle Approach To Apologetics

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Re: FAIR Mormon Adopts A New Name And A More Gentle Approach To Apologetics

Post by Dr Moore »

So the obvious question is how simple would it have been to ask Jesus or ask WWJD in the first place? I guess Jim Bennet would say that there’s no revelation until you ask the question. On that theory, for 200 years or so of church history, apparently no prophet or apostle ever thought to pray about whether Jesus meant the whole “love thine enemies” and “turn the other check” scriptural teachings? Instead, things had to culminate in a great TITS crescendo before someone in church leadership felt to pray about “being nice” to critical historians? I guess it fits the pattern.
Gabriel
Deacon

Post by Gabriel »

Dr Moore wrote: Instead, things had to culminate in a great TITS crescendo before someone in church leadership felt to pray about “being nice” to critical historians? I guess it fits the pattern.
Per the recent Mormon Stories video entitled "FAIR Partially Repents", around the 55 minute mark, we learn this gem:

Douglas Stilgoe, the British Latter-day Saint who has been posting commentary to the TITS videos under the handle Nemo the Mormon, mentioned that he had received a strongly worded email from FAIR just two days ago via YouTube of two copyright strikes against him for using excerpts from the TITS videos in his commentary. FAIR demanded that they be taken down. Fortunately, YouTube sided with NEMO and told FAIR that in the context of Nemo's commentary, the use of snippets from TITS are FAIR USE.

As there have been so many reaction videos spawned by the TITS fiasco, it wouldn't surprise me if Nemo wasn't the only one being threatened with copyright strikes by the new and improved FAIR.

The TITS videos do not exist. The TITS videos never existed. FAIR loves you. FAIR has always loved you. And FAIR is watching you.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

master_dc wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:57 am
Yahoo,

so it is okay to go after Bill Reel but not Dr. Peterson? I think this quote of yours also fits the good Dr.

The Interpreter will not change like FAIR has now stated they will. The only differences between most of these apologists and "critics" is what side of the divide they fall on.
Hey, dc I'd really advise you drop this and move forward with your life. The self aggrandizement of all parties in the whole FAIR/DP back-and-forth is sad to witness. Literally no one of any consequence knows who DP is. If you want to take him down, forget him and make a difference in the lives of the masses. He will never grow outside of his small corner of a small religion.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Gabriel wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:35 am
Dr Moore wrote: Instead, things had to culminate in a great TITS crescendo before someone in church leadership felt to pray about “being nice” to critical historians? I guess it fits the pattern.
Per the recent Mormon Stories video entitled "FAIR Partially Repents", around the 55 minute mark, we learn this gem:

Douglas Stilgoe, the British Latter-day Saint who has been posting commentary to the TITS videos under the handle Nemo the Mormon, mentioned that he had received a strongly worded email from FAIR just two days ago via YouTube of two copyright strikes against him for using excerpts from the TITS videos in his commentary. FAIR demanded that they be taken down. Fortunately, YouTube sided with NEMO and told FAIR that in the context of Nemo's commentary, the use of snippets from TITS are FAIR USE.

As there have been so many reaction videos spawned by the TITS fiasco, it wouldn't surprise me if Nemo wasn't the only one being threatened with copyright strikes by the new and improved FAIR.

The TITS videos do not exist. The TITS videos never existed. FAIR loves you. FAIR has always loved you. And FAIR is watching you.

That Nemo fellow really does a fine job of critiquing those videos. I’m glad he went on MoSto or I might not have known about his great videos.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Gabriel wrote:Nemo the Mormon, mentioned that he had received a strongly worded email from FAIR just two days ago via YouTube of two copyright strikes against him for using excerpts from the TITS videos in his commentary. FAIR demanded that they be taken down
Years ago, one of the FAIR message board incarnations, early MAD or MDDB, I don't remember, tried to claim a copyright on every post made on their forum in order to avoid anybody ever challenging them. For a while, they also limited page views to non-registered users in order to prevent their ideas from ever being challenged. They are losers, and they know it.
master_dc
Star B

Post by master_dc »

jpatterson wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:47 am
master_dc wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:57 am
Yahoo,

so it is okay to go after Bill Reel but not Dr. Peterson? I think this quote of yours also fits the good Dr.

The Interpreter will not change like FAIR has now stated they will. The only differences between most of these apologists and "critics" is what side of the divide they fall on.
Hey, dc I'd really advise you drop this and move forward with your life. The self aggrandizement of all parties in the whole FAIR/DP back-and-forth is sad to witness. Literally no one of any consequence knows who DP is. If you want to take him down, forget him and make a difference in the lives of the masses. He will never grow outside of his small corner of a small religion.

I have no clue what you even mean by this.. thanks for the advice, I guess…