Fact Checking Nelson's "Doors Of Death" light aircraft near death experience

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Fact Checking Nelson's "Doors Of Death" light aircraft near death experience

Post by Res Ipsa »

tapirrider wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:21 pm
Ron White's version is much better than Nelson's. :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRJpRu2RsSs
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Re: Fact Checking Nelson's "Doors Of Death" light aircraft near death experience

Post by Dr Moore »

I saw this post achieve a brief moment of attention at www.reddit.com/r/Mormon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mormon/comment ... fib_maybe/

In short, the OP observes what appears to be a contemporary instance in which Nelson creates a revelation through exaggeration. Nelson claims to have read literally everything on the topic of "Israel," and only recently through interaction with not one, but two Hebrew scholars, was shown that Israel means "let God prevail." And yet, the definition in the Bible Dictionary of the approved LDS standard works for Israel is, "One who prevails with God or Let God prevail*.*"

So I just wonder, which fib came before this particular "delight"? Was it the fib about having read "every" scripture related to Israel? Or was it the fib about the two unnamed Hebrew scholars who assisted Nelson with the arduous task of looking up the definition of Israel?
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Moore wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:14 am
I saw this post achieve a brief moment of attention at www.reddit.com/r/Mormon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mormon/comment ... fib_maybe/

In short, the OP observes what appears to be a contemporary instance in which Nelson creates a revelation through exaggeration. Nelson claims to have read literally everything on the topic of "Israel," and only recently through interaction with not one, but two Hebrew scholars, was shown that Israel means "let God prevail." And yet, the definition in the Bible Dictionary of the approved LDS standard works for Israel is, "One who prevails with God or Let God prevail*.*"

So I just wonder, which fib came before this particular "delight"? Was it the fib about having read "every" scripture related to Israel? Or was it the fib about the two unnamed Hebrew scholars who assisted Nelson with the arduous task of looking up the definition of Israel?
Well, I mean, he can't possibly do what it takes to learn the actual Hebrew, being a lazy learner prophet... :lol: