Lindsay's Part 2 Response To Vogel's Book of Abraham Apologetics

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Fence Sitter
High Priest

Lindsay's Part 2 Response To Vogel's Book of Abraham Apologetics

Post by Fence Sitter »

Jeff has put up his second part response to Dan Vogel's Book of Abraham Apologetics.

Many Hits But Plenty of Misses in Vogel's Book: Part 2 of My Review of Book of Abraham Apologetics
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Lindsay's Part 2 Response To Vogel's Book of Abraham Apologetics

Post by Philo Sofee »

It has dawned on me, amazingly to myself, that I actually find I am not all that interested anymore in what anyone says on this outworn, obviously dead subject! I don't even have the need or desire to even click on it and read it. Man, I have come a loooooooong way in this last 5 years I just gotta say....... I can honestly even say it's not even interesting to me anymore. I actually don't care anymore what Mormons say about it.
hauslern
1st Counselor

Post by hauslern »

There is more than enough information to show that Smith did not know what he was doing
Facsimile 2
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ewn ... qSXCI/edit

An example of a hypocephalus
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vYq ... Um8lg/edit

Smith restored parts incorrectly
Imagine if it was intact and showed with arms and legs and a penis instead of just the head which Smith said was a dove.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Exactly, it's all the same old same old. At this point I actually am saying been there done that, I'm ready to learn something else new, interesting, and exciting, hence I'm going over the Judaism and their esoterica. It's outrageously fascinating... far more enjoyable than anything Mormonism has offered in the last 10 years. I'm just slow on the uptake and realizing it within this last 5 years. I'm tired of just reading the same silly stuff going in circles for years. there is actually no point to it. It's not uplifting, its not informing, its not relevant, but it is a waste of time. At this point, meh......
Shulem
God

A pair of videos

Post by Shulem »

A pair of slick videos available from Book of Abraham defenders takes it to a whole new level of deception. I've not watched them but I thought it appropriate to paste them in this thread for those who may have an interest in seeing how Mormonism uses blatant deception to defend the indefensible.

Evidences of the Book of Abraham: Historicity

Evidences of the Book of Abraham: Facsimiles

Evidence Central
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:12 am
It has dawned on me, amazingly to myself, that I actually find I am not all that interested anymore in what anyone says on this outworn, obviously dead subject! I don't even have the need or desire to even click on it and read it. Man, I have come a loooooooong way in this last 5 years I just gotta say....... I can honestly even say it's not even interesting to me anymore. I actually don't care anymore what Mormons say about it.

You've come a long way, baby!

Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem
A pair of slick videos available from Book of Abraham defenders takes it to a whole new level of deception. I've not watched them but I thought it appropriate to paste them in this thread for those who may have an interest in seeing how Mormonism uses blatant deception to defend the indefensible.

Evidences of the Book of Abraham: Historicity

Evidences of the Book of Abraham: Facsimiles
Is this the kind of evidence we would expect if apologists knew they didn't have the evidence on their side? Indeed, it is... it is all smoke and mirrors.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

bump