Radio Free Mormon Bombshell -- Another First Vision Account

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
cinepro
CTR B

Re: Radio Free Mormon Bombshell -- Another First Vision Account

Post by cinepro »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:17 pm

Oh come on dudes! The visitation of the Three-White-Men and the priesthood ordination under their hands is well documented in the Church. Joseph and Oliver even dressed up and combed their hair for the occasion.
You kid, but if I recall, the best guess is that it happened during a night (or early morning) when Joseph Smith and OC had been fleeing some pursuers. So they most certainly would not have looked like that after running all night through the forest.
In a conversation between Hyrum and Joseph overheard by Addison Everett, Joseph spoke of a trial involving Mr. Reed. In trying to escape the mob,:

"Joseph & Oliver went to the woods in a few rods, it being night, and they traveled until Oliver was exhausted & Joseph almost Carried him through mud and water. They traveled all night and just at the break of day Olive[r] gave out entirely and exclaimed O! Lord! How long Brother Joseph have we got to endure this thing; Brother Joseph said that at that very time Peter James & John came to them and Ordained them to the Apostleship."

RSR p.118
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

In a conversation between Hyrum and Joseph overheard by Addison Everett, Joseph spoke of a trial involving Mr. Reed. In trying to escape the mob,:

"Joseph & Oliver went to the woods in a few rods, it being night, and they traveled until Oliver was exhausted & Joseph almost Carried him through mud and water. They traveled all night and just at the break of day Olive[r] gave out entirely and exclaimed O! Lord! How long Brother Joseph have we got to endure this thing; Brother Joseph said that at that very time Peter James & John came to them and Ordained them to the Apostleship."

RSR p.118

Brother Joseph, before we ordain you, I just want to say that your hair smells so clean and fresh and I was wondering what kind of body soap you use?

We bless you that you'll always have beautiful hair and that young babes will be attracted to you . . . .

We bless you that you'll never sweat again so long as you run through the woods while on God's errand.

Craig Paxton
Sunbeam

Post by Craig Paxton »

cinepro wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:14 pm
consiglieri wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:00 pm
It should probably also be said that Bill tends to be less tentative in his discussion than I.
With all due respect to Bill, this is the dynamic I was getting...

Bill: Holy hidden artifacts, Consig. We found a fifth version of the first vision!

Consig: No, patience my young ward. The missing page could be...anything. Best not jump to hasty conclusions lest the version of the vision be shown to be... an illusion.

Bill: Illusions indeed, Consig. But who could have done this dastardly deed?

Consig: Dastardly, indeed. Wait. You said it yourself, Bill Wonder. The deed. Deeds are on paper. Books are also made of paper, and books have pages. Pages ride horses, and horses are in fields. And smiths make horse shoes. It's all there. Could it be any other than that master page-ripper himself, Joseph Fielding Smith?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka