Radio Free Mormon Bombshell -- Another First Vision Account

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
cinepro
Sunbeam

Re: Radio Free Mormon Bombshell -- Another First Vision Account

Post by cinepro »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:03 pm
Well, I think it's a bombshell because it shows that something is missing. This is First Presidency material, information written about the founder of the Church and it seems to be commissioned by Smith himself. There are not many hands that have held those documents since it was first penned. The only hands I can think of are those under direct authority of the First Presidency.

Where is the missing page(s)?

Why is it missing?
I agree those are interesting questions, and if I were ever given access to the FP vault (unlikely), it's one of the first things I would look for. I'm just mystified by how sure RFM and BR seem to be; they're selling it like we *know* it's a FV account.
Shulem
God

Re: Radio Free Mormon Bombshell -- Another First Vision Account

Post by Shulem »

cinepro wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:53 pm
I agree those are interesting questions, and if I were ever given access to the FP vault (unlikely), it's one of the first things I would look for. I'm just mystified by how sure RFM and BR seem to be; they're selling it like we *know* it's a FV account.

I think the reason they are stoking the hype is to generate interest and start a fire. They are taking a chance and making a huge assumption. They are gambling that they will come out winners! If they do, it will add credibility to their program and ultimately result in increased revenue (donations). IF, and it's a big if, there really is a page missing that includes additional information about the First Vision and is handed over to the Joseph Smith Papers, then there will be great fanfare at Radio Free Mormon and he's going to make a lot of money.

Hey, he's rolling the dice and rubbing his hands, hoping it pays off!

Isn't that right, Consig, baby?

:lol: