NewNameNoah's TikTok harassment allegations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Meadowchik
Priest

Re: NewNameNoah's TikTok harassment allegations

Post by Meadowchik »

Lem wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:58 pm
Meadowchik wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:22 am
Here is a webpage that preserved his comments deleted from Reddit: read carefully and it becomes pretty clear despite his denials:

https://www.reveddit.com/v/exmormon/com ... rassed_me/

If it doesn't load it automatically, this is the reddit url that it preserves: https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... rassed_me/

Here is a summary of the TikTok harassment:

https://www.tiktok.com/@singlemamaboss/ ... 7740505606

Here is one of the women speaking about her experience, with conversation screenshots:

https://www.tiktok.com/@bearah1788/vide ... copy_url=0

He did deny sending the dick pics, but they were reportedly posted in response to his request to provide them, with his genitals covered with editing.
As an adult woman well into decades worth of interacting with men online and in professional settings, I am having a difficult time with the way these young women are talking about this. They are giving way too much power to this obnoxious person. Maybe it's a generational thing, but I haven't found that showing this much fear without taking action, or talking publicly about how helpless they feel in the face of behavior like this, but then listing how it went on and on without them taking action to be useful approaches.

I am also extremely uncomfortable when I see these young women online, talking in whispery, wavery voices, ending their sentences with an upward note like they are asking permission, casting their eyes down, and shakily whispering 'i promised myself I wasn't going to cry.'

the woman who said she continued repeatedly interacting with Norton, but only because she was hoping it would humanize her to him so that he wouldn't want to hurt her just broke my heart. No, honey, that never, EVER works.

Call the police, hire a lawyer, take out a restraining order, make a voodoo doll and cut off its dick, whatever helps. Take action. See yourself as equal, because you ARE.
He IS scarier. He has historically had a large following of supportive fans who mimic his hostility and follow his lead when he is criticised. He doxxes and threatens people. A big aspect to his power is his popularity. Do maybe we can do something about it by speaking up against his behaviour.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Meadowchik wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:13 am
Lem wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:58 pm

As an adult woman well into decades worth of interacting with men online and in professional settings, I am having a difficult time with the way these young women are talking about this. They are giving way too much power to this obnoxious person. Maybe it's a generational thing, but I haven't found that showing this much fear without taking action, or talking publicly about how helpless they feel in the face of behavior like this, but then listing how it went on and on without them taking action to be useful approaches.

I am also extremely uncomfortable when I see these young women online, talking in whispery, wavery voices, ending their sentences with an upward note like they are asking permission, casting their eyes down, and shakily whispering 'i promised myself I wasn't going to cry.'

the woman who said she continued repeatedly interacting with Norton, but only because she was hoping it would humanize her to him so that he wouldn't want to hurt her just broke my heart. No, honey, that never, EVER works.

Call the police, hire a lawyer, take out a restraining order, make a voodoo doll and cut off its dick, whatever helps. Take action. See yourself as equal, because you ARE.
He IS scarier. He has historically had a large following of supportive fans who mimic his hostility and follow his lead when he is criticised. He doxxes and threatens people. A big aspect to his power is his popularity. Do maybe we can do something about it by speaking up against his behaviour.
that’s too bad he has such followers. Doxxing I thought was not allowed in most places and illegal in some, I hope they report him every time. I look forward to the women speaking up strongly, they have my support.

However, I think the interacting with him as though they can “humanize” themselves, and the women who are joking along now need to stop. He’s proved it isn’t going to work. And attacking him back sadly may backfire if they need to make a future case.
Meadowchik
Priest

Post by Meadowchik »

Lem wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:09 am
Meadowchik wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:13 am

that’s too bad he has such followers. Doxxing I thought was not allowed in most places and illegal in some, I hope they report him every time. I look forward to the women speaking up strongly, they have my support.

However, I think the interacting with him as though they can “humanize” themselves, and the women who are joking along now need to stop. He’s proved it isn’t going to work. And attacking him back sadly may backfire if they need to make a future case.
From what has been posted publicly, it appears that they are gathering evidence with plans to contact police if they haven't already.

Something we can do about it is to not give him more social capital. And not accept John Dehlin's excuses for him. And not consider "I have autism" as an excuse.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Meadowchik wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:53 am
Lem wrote:

From what has been posted publicly, it appears that they are gathering evidence with plans to contact police if they haven't already.

Something we can do about it is to not give him more social capital. And not accept John Dehlin's excuses for him. And not consider "I have autism" as an excuse.
Absolutely. I didn't know Dehlin was excusing him. That explains why he is getting mentioned, which seemed odd. I'm glad to hear plans are moving forward.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:00 am
Back in the day, during the exmo-social split off from recoveryfrommormonism NNN had a similar rep with that crowd - anywhere from creep to perv to weird. These guys rarely change, at least organically. They need to be boxed out from social settings because they're emotional vampires with a side of inappropriate horniness.

- Doc
yes.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Lem wrote:
Doxxing I thought was not allowed in most places and illegal in some ...
Cough --Sic et Non-- cough.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Meadowchik
Priest

Re: The chicks love me!

Post by Meadowchik »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:45 pm
click me
He's getting some attention from a NeverMo on TikTok, making new friends! https://www.tiktok.com/@fuelneve/video/ ... copy_url=0
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:31 am
Lem wrote:
I know some states have considered anti-doxxing bills. I'm not sure that any states have enacted one. Sometimes, doxxing will involve conduct that violates a law that isn't specifically aimed at doxxing. Cyberstalking is an example. Maybe harassment. There is a federal law, but it applies to narrow categories of federal employees (Disclosure of confidential data). It's one of those problems that pre-internet legal concepts don't fit very well. Generally, when I do something public, I have no "reasonable expectation of privacy." If I post here publicly, should I have a right to privacy? That's something society has to figure out.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:31 am
Lem wrote:
IKR? I still feel for that film prof in NY that Smoky misidentified as me. And Peterson fell for it! The threats she got from the Midge must have been weird, indeed.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

If the allegations are true--and I would assume they are--then I am completely unsurprised. So the guy who has no boundaries in some areas also does not observe them in others.

Yup!

I hope the people he is harassing find a way to shut him down.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow