Spending Easter Sunday with the Mopologists

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Spending Easter Sunday with the Mopologists

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:05 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:35 am
Why is it such great news that Jesus is risen?
Because it's the Ultimate NDE.
Heh... when someone in our day actually has been dead for 3 days and then revives or arises.......now.............THAT............will be serious news. From an ancient story? Meh..... there is literally, quite literally almost no parallel whatever to anything like the story of Jesus. It has no credibility at all. It's just that simple. Now....... as a story of faith? Why sure! Great! Go at it with everything ya got I say. But lets be realistic, it literally never happened and hasn't since then either. there is vastly less credibility than to the Joseph Smith story and his witnesses, which is literally nil, on the order of 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001. Peterson's entire blog entry on Easter, exactly as you showed, demonstrates this conclusively. The resurrection is so vastly cosmically implausible it's not worth even talking about for more than an entry or two of just a few hasty moments, and then its back to reality where the actual stuff is, enemies of the faith, Gemli, and the board that shall not be named.

Paying attention to Gemli is vastly more interesting for them, certainly more real, and entirely more literal than a ghost story in an ancient book that some old fuddy duds wants him to praise, so he gives it a nod annually just to keep the Brethren from breaking into a sweat of fear of doubt. Even Sic et Non's actions shows where their faith is, and their doubts, they all fool no one.
kairos
CTR B

Post by kairos »

I like what Claudia has proposed! Liturgical faith traditions like RCs carve out a six week segment prior to Easter Sunday to prepare to celebrate Christ's resurrection. Then they celebrate the early church from Easter to Pentecost. From the talks this past weekend, it is clear the GA's cannot talk about the Resurrection alone but stick with the Atonement even when they think they are doing Easter. The fact that the Mormons have no regard for the symbol of the cross makes it a joke for them to say they focus on the Resurrection- that is a lie!
For the Mormon church to focus time on the events of even the last week of Jesus' life is to me a nothing burger- they would rather focus on Russell M. Nelson's NDE on that almost fatal ghost flight!

k
hauslern
1st Counselor

Post by hauslern »

Scatch I know I can't help myself sometimes so I get the mocking. There is an interesting video with Jack Welch discussing Nibley.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEb6YN7pIks