Gerrit Gong misleads single people at Conference

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Our standing is a matter of our marital status

Post by Shulem »

We're favored to sit in these chairs and represent the Lord on condition that we've never been divorced.

Our marital status is above the rest and the Lord will reward us accordingly!
Shulem
God

Never divorced brings blessings!

Post by Shulem »

Just think Gong, you couldn't do any of this if your wife had left you and you became tainted with divorce.

Wendy knows she can't leave her husband or he won't be worthy to be prophet.
kairos
CTR B

Re: Our standing is a matter of our marital status

Post by kairos »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:45 pm
We're favored to sit in these chairs and represent the Lord on condition that we've never been divorced.

Our marital status is above the rest and the Lord will reward us accordingly!
GA: Gong you son of bi*ch- you will never wrest my iphone from my cold, hard hands even if you do become an apostle- now FO and get you hand off my thigh!

k
Shulem
God

Second Class Men

Post by Shulem »

Brethren cannot serve Heavenly Father as temple sealers if they've been divorced.

They're not worthy. Marital status is everything.

Equality
CTR B

Re: Gerrit Gong misleads single people at Conference

Post by Equality »

Brigham Young was divorced. And he got a university named after him.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:09 pm
Gong wrote:Our standing before the Lord and in His Church is not a matter of our marital status but of our becoming faithful and valiant disciples of Jesus Christ.

Hold on there, Gong! What about penis size? Does marital status in the celestial kingdom effect penis size for the males who enter celestial glory? We hear a lot about the TK smoothie from Doctor Scratch (bless his smoothness) but what about the celestial men who failed to get married but enter into the joy of the Lord and get a celestial resurrection? What about their penises? How does Heavenly Father determine penis size and what can one do with their glorified resurrected celestial penis?

So many questions and so few answers from the Church. What say ye, Gong-boy? What about our penises?
Do celestial women get a say? :mrgreen:
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Lem wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:58 pm
It seems that the only women in heaven that have any say are the ones that are exalted in the highest celestial level. The less fortunate sisters in the lower celestial realm and those poor unfortunate sisters in the lower kingdoms will not have vaginas because that privilege will be denied them. It seems these sisters will be sewn up tight and they will be forever barren.

Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Our standing before the Lord and in His Church is not a matter of our marital status but of our becoming faithful and valiant disciples of Jesus Christ.
Isn't this, yet again, advancing the agenda of same-sex relations? There are a couple directions this could go.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:55 am
Lem wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:58 pm
It seems that the only women in heaven that have any say are the ones that are exalted in the highest celestial level. The less fortunate sisters in the lower celestial realm and those poor unfortunate sisters in the lower kingdoms will not have vaginas because that privilege will be denied them. It seems these sisters will be sewn up tight and they will be forever barren.

Good Lord, my dad used to worship the ground this man walked on. No wonder I was so messed up as an apologist and so against authority. No wonder I don't trust much of anything leaders of the church ever say, EVER. Dad was as close to literalist fundamentalist in scriptures as there was. I don't mean fundamentalist in the polygamy sense, I mean literalist fundamentalist as if it was said in scripture that is precisely how it went down, those exact words are the words that were said, and everything that was said to have happened did so EXACTLY as written. I was raised in that. Sigh...

But, the GOOD NEWS is the past does not equal the future. Somehow my Spirit managed to get through that cess pool of thoughtless thinking and found some light. Don't tell me miracles don't happen!
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:24 am
Our standing before the Lord and in His Church is not a matter of our marital status but of our becoming faithful and valiant disciples of Jesus Christ.
Isn't this, yet again, advancing the agenda of same-sex relations? There are a couple directions this could go.
I don’t think it’s deliberate. Clearly the Church has a problem that fewer members are married and they’re concerned that single members are feeling distanced. The change of policy to allow single priesthood holding members to serve in capacities previously reserved for married men, and this talk by Gong are signals that the Church still has an activity and retention problem with single adults.

I doubt very much that this was intended to open the door a bit for the acceptance of same sex marriage. That reading of his talk seems just an unintended consequence.