midgley the Mormon opines on gemli's catholic upbringing

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: midgley the Mormon opines on gemli's catholic upbringing

Post by Philo Sofee »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 7:20 pm
Looks like Chapstick's honest posting style is too much for Mr. Midgley:
Midgley wrote:“What exactly is ‘really interesting’ about Chapstick in his various ‘persona’ is that he is dedicated to trying his best to being annoying. I cannot be the only one who finds Chapstick tedious and also more than a bit annoying.

I will donate $200 to the Interpreter Foundation when I am confident that Chaptstick has been given the boot. Please note that I did not just pick that amount of dollars out of thing air, like I believe Chapstick once did, but then failed to send the check.”
Hilarious! I will pay you to ban people Dan!!! I mean, that just has to be irresistible eh? Then once they get rid of all those who disagree with their own view, Dan and Lou can have their own private fast and testimony meeting in public with no interruptions, since no one else will be there. Perfect missionary opportunity! Everyone in the world will visit Dan and Lou to genuflect before them as they spread the wonders of testimony for all to watch. Sounds like pure paradise to me... :roll:
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Gadianton wrote:
Midgley wrote:“What exactly is ‘really interesting’ about Chapstick in his various ‘persona’ is that he is dedicated to trying his best to being annoying. I cannot be the only one who finds Chapstick tedious and also more than a bit annoying.

I will donate $200 to the Interpreter Foundation when I am confident that Chaptstick has been given the boot. Please note that I did not just pick that amount of dollars out of thing air, like I believe Chapstick once did, but then failed to send the check.”
It's not just the posting style. If memory serves, "Charles" originally wagered *$500* on the Stubbs article, so Midgley is also being a cheapskate here by "shorting" the bet by $300.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:53 pm
Gadianton wrote:

It's not just the posting style. If memory serves, "Charles" originally wagered *$500* on the Stubbs article, so Midgley is also being a cheapskate here by "shorting" the bet by $300.
Perhaps he messed up the math because he was trying to calculate the tithing on that amount? :lol:
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 10:05 pm
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:53 pm

Perhaps he messed up the math because he was trying to calculate the tithing on that amount? :lol:
Maybe! Regardless, Midgley has now painted himself into a corner. If he doesn't pay up $500 to the "Interpreter" blog, he will be branded a "liar."
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 10:50 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 10:05 pm

Maybe! Regardless, Midgley has now painted himself into a corner. If he doesn't pay up $500 to the "Interpreter" blog, he will be branded a "liar."
Nope. He's got a way out. He can claim the Spirit told him to "Lie for the Lord," thus doing the Lord's work, and thus is exempt.... :D