Mofluencer Wars

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
cwald
Nursery

Re: Mofluencer Wars

Post by cwald »

Holy crap! Talk about deja vu!
master_dc wrote: stop with the Rosebud style timelines... it is a pattern for her and you now.
The end.
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

What does StoneXVI mean?
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Nomomo wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:24 am
What does StoneXVI mean?
It is, sadly, a reference to the shining stones of the brother of Jared in Ether.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
sock puppet
High Priest

Post by sock puppet »

Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:40 pm
Nomomo wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:24 am
What does StoneXVI mean?
It is, sadly, a reference to the shining stones of the brother of Jared in Ether.
That is sad. I had thought, maybe hoped would be a better term, that it was in reference to the 1990s Bush album, 16 Stone.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal." Groucho Marx
"The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie." Mark Twain
The best lack all conviction, while the worst//Are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Symmachus wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:31 pm
If the following has been mentioned in this thread or one of the others on Kwaku, I ask forgiveness for missing it. Between my work on Jaredite metrics and filling orders at the drive-through here at the Parowan Wendy's, I sometimes miss things on the threads...

Gad's earlier comments about Kwaku seem nearly to hit the mark. He is very likeable, though I reserve judgment as to whether there is any "there" there (does anyone have a link to his discussion with the Calvinist?), particularly for someone barely 20 years old.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMAKQ9g8zT8
Symmachus,I am not recommending Kwaku,s scholarship or covid wisdom.
His take on the Mormon race issue is a bit interesting.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I must say that Bill Reel and RFM are a breath of fresh air amongst the drama queens in the ex-mo world. They are decidedly NOT mofluencers and God bless them for that!

John Dehlin, Peterson, Kwaku, Mike Norton, exmo tiktokers... all love the limelight and the drama they create and $$$ it brings in. I think most of us are over it.

Bill and RFM are working hard every week bringing us actual research, thoughtful discussion, and an awesome drama-free place for exmos to go without having to take sides on stupid personal squabbles. I love it. Please support them!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Agreed, drumdude. RFM in particular is awesome, and Bill Reel is no slouch either.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:09 pm
I must say that Bill Reel and RFM are a breath of fresh air amongst the drama queens in the ex-mo world. They are decidedly NOT mofluencers and God bless them for that!

John Dehlin, Peterson, Kwaku, Mike Norton, exmo tiktokers... all love the limelight and the drama they create and $$$ it brings in. I think most of us are over it.

Bill and RFM are working hard every week bringing us actual research, thoughtful discussion, and an awesome drama-free place for exmos to go without having to take sides on stupid personal squabbles. I love it. Please support them!
Thanks so much for the kind words!

I feel compelled for some reason to confirm this is not a sock puppet.

—WhistleBlower
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

consiglieri wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:59 am
I feel compelled for some reason to confirm this is not a sock puppet.
Of course not, but it would have been extraordinarily welcome if such a sock puppet were to announce scheduling both Hagoth and Philo Sofee on the RFM podcast.

Keep up the good work!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Symmachus
Valiant A

Post by Symmachus »

huckelberry wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:45 pm
His take on the Mormon race issue is a bit interesting.
Thanks for posting the link, Huck. I will give it a watch.
(who/whom)

"As to any slivers of light or any particles of darkness of the past, we forget about them."
—B. Redd McConkie