Mofluencer Wars

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: Mofluencer Wars

Post by drumdude »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:04 am
consiglieri wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:59 am
I feel compelled for some reason to confirm this is not a sock puppet.
Of course not, but it would have been extraordinarily welcome if such a sock puppet were to announce scheduling both Hagoth and Philo Sofee on the RFM podcast.

Keep up the good work!
If I'm in charge of the next episode of Mormonism Live I want John Gee to spend 3 hours answering RFM and Robert Ritner's questions!

We can dream, right? :lol:
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

WhistleBlower wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:10 pm
Kukulkan wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:22 am
So it really piques my interest as to why you are coming to a fairly small corner of the Mormon/exmormon notch of the internet. What are your true intentions? If it is purely a personal vendetta against John Dehlin, which to me clearly is your motivation, than why come here? What are you trying to stir up?
This is just one of the places where I've chosen to post this information, not really even because I'd like to convince you all of anything. I want John to know that people are tired of his hypocrisy and the fact that he has the gall to speak out for abuse victims is appalling.

I would be more than happy if Open Stories Foundation booted John and was able to continue on with someone who has integrity. If you actually read what I wrote, you will see that I acknowledge that MS and Open Stories Foundation has done very very important work. But it's all clouded by John's lies, manipulation and abuse.

My motivation is to get John to go away. He's not deserving of the influence he has in the progressive Mormon world.

If you want to call that a personal vendetta, fine. I'm sure there were plenty of people who characterized the Harvey Weinstein scandal as a personal vendetta. The film industry is better off now that he's gone. Progressive/ex Mormonism will be better off when John is gone as well. That is my goal.
There were two investigations by the Open Stories Foundation board, neither of which found merit to Rosebud's claims. Do you believe those investigations were fair? If not, why not, specifically?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

WhistleBlower wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:10 pm
My motivation is to get John to go away. He's not deserving of the influence he has in the progressive Mormon world.

If you want to call that a personal vendetta, fine. I'm sure there were plenty of people who characterized the Harvey Weinstein scandal as a personal vendetta. The film industry is better off now that he's gone. Progressive/ex Mormonism will be better off when John is gone as well. That is my goal.
Your goal is more worthy as help in proving the FARMS crew should have retained control of the Maxwell Institute. The best interests of progressive Mormonism are served by the podcasts of Mormon Stories continuing unimpeded.

Perhaps Rosebud could strike a deal with Deseret Books and retire to St. George as part of an option 3.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Sledge
Area Authority

Post by Sledge »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:35 pm
Not sure what to say except, “How predictable!” Kwaku El has posted a moronic pseudo-Nightline video on YouTube entitled, “The End of John Dehlin.” I don’t think he is acquainted with the word subtlety. Maybe his Junior Dictionary skipped it? In any case, a lot of laugh-worthy, tepid drama and recycling of insipid accusations and counter-accusations. If this was supposed to be part of Mormonism’s MeToo moment, it was stillborn. Only a complete idiot would involve Kwaku in anything even tangentially related to MeToo. You know, the guy who brags about scoring with the ladies on Twitter and the same one who put on parties at the height of COVID. If these are the scariest opponents John Dehlin can attract, then he has little to worry about. The video is really convincing to every desperate loser with an IQ somewhere south of 100.

https://youtu.be/MCLZ4vWcGEU
Listen, darling: I'm new here so please don't take my words as anything other than the full-embrace of apostleship that you so clearly, and rightly deserve. I think Kwaku is severely misguided and the videos they make with FAIR are horrendous. On that we can agree.

But upon my first time visiting this board, which is today, I see threads with National Enquirer headlines like "Is Patheos Thinking of 'Canceling' Sic et Non?" and "Was Margaret Barker an element in FARMS Being Dismantled?!" and, of course your own "Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations." Shock! Intrigue! I wanted to purchase that thread right off of the grocery store checkout line. And, mon dieu, that's just the front page!

The latest National Enquirer front matter says "Heartbreak and Horror on the Racetrack: NASCAR Star Ryan Newman Crashed Days After he Split with Wife." Pseudo-Nightline is equal to pseudo-Enquirer.

Do you have any thoughts on the above, my good apostle?
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Sledge wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:01 pm
Listen, darling: I'm new here so please don't take my words as anything other than the full-embrace of apostleship that you so clearly, and rightly deserve. I think Kwaku is severely misguided and the videos they make with FAIR are horrendous. On that we can agree.

But upon my first time visiting this board, which is today, I see threads with National Enquirer headlines like "Is Patheos Thinking of 'Canceling' Sic et Non?" and "Was Margaret Barker an element in FARMS Being Dismantled?!" and, of course your own "Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations." Shock! Intrigue! I wanted to purchase that thread right off of the grocery store checkout line. And, mon dieu, that's just the front page!

The latest National Enquirer front matter says "Heartbreak and Horror on the Racetrack: NASCAR Star Ryan Newman Crashed Days After he Split with Wife." Pseudo-Nightline is equal to pseudo-Enquirer.

Do you have any thoughts on the above, my good apostle?
That you are adept at the art of drawing a false equivalence between quite different things.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Sledge
Area Authority

Post by Sledge »

Kishkumen wrote:
That you are adept at the art of drawing a false equivalence between quite different things.
Please do expound.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Sledge wrote:
But upon my first time visiting this board, which is today..
Welcome Sledge! For your first time visiting this board you sure know a lot about it. Just looking at your Disqus account you've mentioned Dr. Shades, this board, this board's topics and this board's participants many times. Here are just a few mentions:

Sledge discussing the Reverend.
Sledge wrote:Kishkumen is an anonymous coward who hides behind a pseudonym and trolls Dan. How is that even remotely the same?
http://disq.us/p/2a2lwhz

Sledge discussing Dr. Shades.
The difference is that I haven't hidden behind a pseudonym for 15 years with a laser-like focus on attacking one single individual. So, while it's fine to use a screen name (in fact most people do), if you are going to use it to relentlessly attack another individual over the course of 15 years, you are a coward. And your hate site is the platform upon which several pseudonymous cowards launch their hate.
http://disq.us/p/2a6zuth
Your hate is clear. You've dedicated the better part of your life to it. You've created websites that foster it. You've propagated it throughout the internet for decades. I harbor no hate, but it is everyone's duty to call it out when we encounter it.
http://disq.us/p/2acwqd0

Sledge discussing this board.
This makes your site a bigoted site and you, quite probably, a bigot. Enhanced by the fact that you have run and paid for a message board where other bigots and haters post primarily about Dr. Peterson, but also post about how much they hate the Church of Jesus Christ. So, two bigot sites created and maintained by a single person who is not affiliated with the church means that there is high probability that you are a bigot.

You set up an entire platform that harbors the worst of the anti-Mormon bigots, and you continually pay for hosting to keep it going. Plus, you almost never stand up for the truth on your festering cesspool that you promote. Like Stormfront, your site is a hate site.
http://disq.us/p/2acx3xj
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Meh. Nevermind.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:10 am
Sledge wrote:
But upon my first time visiting this board, which is today..
Welcome Sledge! For your first time visiting this board you sure know a lot about it. Just looking at your Disqus account you've mentioned Dr. Shades, this board, this board's topics and this board's participants many times. Here are just a few mentions:

Sledge discussing the Reverend.
Sledge wrote:Kishkumen is an anonymous coward who hides behind a pseudonym and trolls Dan. How is that even remotely the same?
http://disq.us/p/2a2lwhz

Sledge discussing Dr. Shades.
The difference is that I haven't hidden behind a pseudonym for 15 years with a laser-like focus on attacking one single individual. So, while it's fine to use a screen name (in fact most people do), if you are going to use it to relentlessly attack another individual over the course of 15 years, you are a coward. And your hate site is the platform upon which several pseudonymous cowards launch their hate.
http://disq.us/p/2a6zuth
Your hate is clear. You've dedicated the better part of your life to it. You've created websites that foster it. You've propagated it throughout the internet for decades. I harbor no hate, but it is everyone's duty to call it out when we encounter it.
http://disq.us/p/2acwqd0

Sledge discussing this board.
This makes your site a bigoted site and you, quite probably, a bigot. Enhanced by the fact that you have run and paid for a message board where other bigots and haters post primarily about Dr. Peterson, but also post about how much they hate the Church of Jesus Christ. So, two bigot sites created and maintained by a single person who is not affiliated with the church means that there is high probability that you are a bigot.

You set up an entire platform that harbors the worst of the anti-Mormon bigots, and you continually pay for hosting to keep it going. Plus, you almost never stand up for the truth on your festering cesspool that you promote. Like Stormfront, your site is a hate site.
http://disq.us/p/2acx3xj
Jesus H. Christ!

Remind me to never lie to Everybody Wang Chung!
Sledge
Area Authority

Post by Sledge »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Congratulations for reading my Disqus comments, I guess? I certainly do keep abreast of goings on in the wider world. Do you believe you’ve caught me in some sort of dishonesty? My good friend, I assure you there has been no dishonesty on my part (and I am offended you would even suggest such!) I had, last year, taken a stroll through “Mormon Discussions.” I didn’t know, until today, about a board called “Discuss Mormonism.”