Mofluencer Wars

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
The Stig
Valiant B

Re: Mofluencer Wars

Post by The Stig »

WhistleBlower wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:01 pm
The Stig wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:56 pm
I'm not one of his financial (or otherwise) supporters. I've listened to a total of 2 of his podcasts in my entire life. Go ask him those questions yourself, if you want. I have no dog in this fight.
It's not even mildly interesting to you that one of the most prominent ex-Mormon figures stands accused of sexual harassment, abuse and lying about the foundation he created to help shepherd people out of Mormonism?

Like, you wouldn't read that story in the SL Tribune? I highly doubt that. Your feigned disinterest is telling.
It doesn't necessarily follow that a "mild interest" would lead to an active role. I have far more pressing matters in my life than whether John Dehlin is an asshole.
WhistleBlower
Nursery

Post by WhistleBlower »

The Stig wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:02 pm
It doesn't necessarily follow that a "mild interest" would lead to an active role. I have far more pressing matters in my life than whether John Dehlin is an asshole.
So you're too busy to show interest in allegations of abuse against a huge ex-mo figure, but just enough time to spend several posts accusing me of being someone I'm not.

Got it.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

WhistleBlower wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:01 pm
The Stig wrote:
I'm not one of his financial (or otherwise) supporters. I've listened to a total of 2 of his podcasts in my entire life.
It's not even mildly interesting to you that one of the most prominent ex-Mormon figures stands accused of sexual harassment, abuse and lying about the foundation he created to help shepherd people out of Mormonism?

Like, you wouldn't read that story in the SL Tribune? I highly doubt that. Your feigned disinterest is telling.
The Stig wrote:
Go ask him those questions yourself, if you want. I have no dog in this fight.
I have asked him these questions. He lied to me. Then I saw the evidence.
What SL Tribune article?
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

WhistleBlower wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:17 pm
The Stig wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:02 pm
So you're too busy to show interest in allegations of abuse against a huge ex-mo figure, but just enough time to spend several posts accusing me of being someone I'm not.

Got it.
I'm under no obligation to engage in some investigation on your say so...whoever you are (wink, wink).
WhistleBlower
Nursery

Post by WhistleBlower »

The Stig wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:42 pm
Some interesting feedback from Dehlin's Facebook page (feedback which he accepted, by the way):

I'm not a Dehlin Fan Boy, but his response to this feedback makes me think he's at least open to changing his approach to this situation.
The problem with that approach is that John would have to openly acknowledge the extent of his relationship with Rosebud and the complete and utter mess of how he ended that relationship and the implications for him personally and his foundation. There's a lot in the details of that which would be absolutely devastating to John if it got out publicly (more than what I've even shared here). That's why he's always just issued blanket denials, because he doesn't want to start peeling back the onion. Lord help him if he decides to do a milquetoast mea culpa. Rosebud has receipts, and you better believe she will bring them.

Also, I know it's very hard for some of you men to grasp the concept that someone can be in a consenting relationship and also be abused, but I'd really encourage you to go read some literature on the topic.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

WhistleBlower wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:43 pm
Also, I know it's very hard for some of you men to grasp the concept that someone can be in a consenting relationship and also be abused, but I'd really encourage you to go read some literature on the topic.
:roll: What, no women included in your remark? I'm sure some women may have a hard time grasping that concept as well.

How about this: "some PEOPLE MAY have a hard time grasping that concept..."

The capitalized words make it more inclusive and less judgmental, all at the same time. :D
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

WhistleBlower wrote:
That sort of situation is well known. You come here tossing accusations and insults. Makes me glad I am not part of an exmo community. They sound like a tangle of needy folks seeking to devour each other.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

huckelberry wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:04 pm
WhistleBlower wrote:
That sort of situation is well known. You come here tossing accusations and insults. Makes me glad I am not part of an exmo community. They sound like a tangle of needy folks seeking to devour each other.
-_-
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Whistleblower, how do you know the thoughts and intentions of Dehlin? None of your accusations sound credible because you are acting as if you are involved to the point of knowing weird subtle details that Rosebud might not even know. Are you saying Rosebud told you these things? Why do you think they are true?

The closest thing to an offense in any amount of specifics you mention is a night where Dehlin entered rosebuds room without her permission and touched her after having been asked to not do that. What if that never happened as she suggested?

Also I'd be curious why you think Dehlin did any grooming? That is an especially vague and useless accusation since its possible he was really impressed with Rosebud and was intent on building her up which in time resulted in a relationship. Sounds like that could easily be mistaken on her part.

I think the main reason no one takes it seriously is because you don't give credible reasons to accept your vague allegations. Rosebud suffered the same problem and you sound just like her.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

One of the reasons I have a hard time taking Dehlin’s more active detractors seriously is the fact that they are competing influencers and activists. To me it looks a lot like they are trying to build themselves up by tussling with Dehlin. Rosebud uses her platform to sell herself as the “real” advocate for victims that she claims Dehlin and Lindsay Hansen Park are not. Sketchy AF.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow