Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by Jersey Girl »

What prompted this video with John Dehlin? For what reason did he choose to come out with the information? Is it a response to Rosebud and if so, why now? Something must be missing here that I don't know about.

I didn't listen to the entire video.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 1:18 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:42 am

I'm not reading whatever followed this comment until I say this. I've already stated what I think motivated her. Her ultimate goal? I see a woman who is seeking an identity. Because she doesn't have one. That leads me to believe that she suffered trauma (Sustained chronic abuse?) early in life and I can't get away from that possibility. It is for that reason, that I feel sorry for her. But that doesn't mean that I or anyone else here, needs to give her one single second more of our attention. It doesn't solve anything. It doesn't help her and it certainly does nothing for us.
I think either Rosebud herself or JPatterson said Rosebud suffered some sort of trauma earlier in her life. Would that cause her to fixate on Dehlin all these years? Even so, here we are and your analysis makes sense on why she does what she does.

Also, I wonder why Rosebud is ratcheting up the pressure now? She, or through JPatterson, is making allegations that there was a prior sexual relationship and not just steamy talk, yet frustratingly won't provide any proof. Do you think this is just more of the same cry for what was lost and part of the same continued fixation? I guess we'll maybe soon find out, as Dehlin says more is about to come out.
Wait. Where do you see that Rosebud is ratcheting up the pressure? Is the ML video a response to that? Or is she responding to the ML video? As I just stated in my recent post, I think I'm missing a piece of information here.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Dwight
Deacon

Post by Dwight »

My understanding is Kwaku and Kate Kelly have stirred this up and that is what ML was responding to and what Dehlin is responding to. Rosebud has blamed John Dehlin for starting it up again, but it was her “friend and ally” KK that is involved in stirring it up again with Kwaku.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dwight wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:16 pm
My understanding is Kwaku and Kate Kelly have stirred this up and that is what ML was responding to and what Dehlin is responding to. Rosebud has blamed John Dehlin for starting it up again, but it was her “friend and ally” KK that is involved in stirring it up again with Kwaku.
That is my understanding, and I am pretty sure that KK had Rosebud's permission to dredge up this stuff. Ergo, not feeling so bad for Rosebud that it has come up. This is her circus and her monkeys. She is just further carrying out her original October 17, 2012 plan of putting the screws to Dehlin for the duration of his life or hers.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dwight wrote:
Got it and thanks.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:24 pm
Dwight wrote:
That is my understanding, and I am pretty sure that KK had Rosebud's permission to dredge up this stuff. Ergo, not feeling so bad for Rosebud that it has come up. This is her circus and her monkeys. She is just further carrying out her original October 17, 2012 plan of putting the screws to Dehlin for the duration of his life or hers.
Yes. This will continue until one of them is dead and if it's John Dehlin who passes first, Rosebud will keep it going for the rest of her life. If it ends abruptly, it won't end well. This whole thing we are watching is potentially dangerous. I would be less than honest if I didn't admit that I am disappointed in consig for allowing contact information to remain in the video without editing the video before uploading it. This opens Rosebud up to an estimated 2+ Billion YouTube users and there are for sure crazies out there. Why put her in harm's way? Isn't this all bad enough without adding another layer of risk?

Slava Ukraini!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:59 pm
Yes. This will continue until one of them is dead and if it's John Dehlin who passes first, Rosebud will keep it going for the rest of her life. If it ends abruptly, it won't end well. This whole thing we are watching is potentially dangerous. I would be less than honest if I didn't admit that I am disappointed in consig for allowing contact information to remain in the video without editing the video before uploading it. This opens Rosebud up to an estimated 2+ Billion YouTube users and there are for sure crazies out there. Why put her in harm's way? Isn't this all bad enough without adding another layer of risk?
I thought contact information such as her old phone number was removed? Now, using her name is risky enough. I refuse to do that. I recommend to everyone else not to do it either. It is just too easy for trouble seekers and makers to cause headaches for others. But RFM has a lot of legal knowledge, so maybe he'll be OK. I guess he knows where to find a good attorney if he needs one.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

This is an interesting tweet:
Kate Kelly

@Kate_Kelly_Esq

Apr 30

Sorry I didn't get around to that yet, I have been *slammed.

*simultaneously 1) fighting a proxy war against self-appointed X-Mormon prophets (men, obviously)
She of course acts like she’s some sort of innocent bystander watching the train wreck dispassionately:
Kate Kelly

@Kate_Kelly_Esq

It’s so fascinating to watch drama go down in communities you are not a part of/ have no stake in
Yes yes. We all know Ms. Cat Eyes Stronk Woman had no stake in cannibalizing the Ex-Mormon community for status and money-making opportunities. I damned rolled my eyes so hard I just backflipped off my patriarchy couch.

edit: It looks like Kate Kelly is definitely working with Rosebud, and by extension our loopy friend JP:

https://mobile.Twitter.com/Kate_Kelly_E ... 7529310213

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 7:12 pm
This is an interesting tweet:
Kate Kelly

@Kate_Kelly_Esq

Apr 30

Sorry I didn't get around to that yet, I have been *slammed.

*simultaneously 1) fighting a proxy war against self-appointed X-Mormon prophets (men, obviously)
She of course acts like she’s some sort of innocent bystander watching the train wreck dispassionately:
Kate Kelly

@Kate_Kelly_Esq

It’s so fascinating to watch drama go down in communities you are not a part of/ have no stake in
Yes yes. We all know Ms. Cat Eyes Stronk Woman had no stake in cannibalizing the Ex-Mormon community for status and money-making opportunities. I stupid rolled my eyes so hard I just backflipped off my patriarchy couch.

edit: It looks like Kate Kelly is definitely working with Rosebud, and by extension our loopy friend JP:

https://mobile.Twitter.com/Kate_Kelly_E ... 7529310213

- Doc
I just don't understand why KK couldn't wait for a better case to push her agenda. Rosebud is not a good victim and depending on what John Dehlin reveals it could crash and burn for KK like the time she asked for a laptop and was crucified for doing so. I think John Dehlin got a laptop and more even though he still subconsciously pushes the patriarchy? Is it laptop envy? Impatience?
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 11:53 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:04 am
Oh god, I'll just do it. He's violating his own daughter's rights to privacy to legitimize/shore up his claims of innocence/save his own ass. He's a therapist to some degree is he not? Where are his boundaries?
Yes.

That was ghastly.

You have said a lot of things that are dead on with regard to John Dehlin and Rosebud. You should check out her Facebook page if you have not already. It is an absolute train wreck.
I checked it out before I started commenting.
So many posts deal with John Dehlin. Your statement about her remaining in the relationship by hook or crook all these years is exactly right. She blames him for all kinds of stuff. In her mind, her life continues to go wrong because of what Dehlin did to her, including her own personal business decisions post Open Stories Foundation.

These posts get about as much response as my reposts of news and trivia on my Facebook page.
My guess is that before Dehlin intersected her life, she probably blamed some other external force. I stand by what I said previously re:personality disorder. Maybe not the one I mentioned, but there's little question in my mind that what we see and what boggles our mind, is personality disorder. I really have no special right to say that other than that is what I conclude based on my armchair observations over the course of nearly 10 years.
Jersey Girl is so right about there being something off about Dehlin and his actions. Haven’t most of us who have listened to MoSto for hours caught this? The things he says that make you cringe? The podcast has so many great interviews and at times co-hosts (consiglieri) that I doubt I’ll ever stop listening to the occasional episode, but there is something up there with John that makes me uncomfortable.
To the best of my recollect, I have viewed exactly one of his interviews and that would have been with Sam Young. If there were more than one episode with Sam Young at the time, I would have viewed them both or all if there were a series. This is a very vague impression going back to the time in which Sam fired up the Protect movement possibly up to and including the point at which he was disfellowshipped(sp?). My lingering impression was that John Dehlin had the conversation mapped out in advance. Instead of having a set of interview questions prepared and allowing the conversation to grow organically, I seem to recall that John Dehlin appeared not to be actually listening to Sam, but rather thinking about his next move. In other words, he knew where he was going to go with the interview, wasn't about to stray from his goal and if I recall correctly, he didn't respond directly to Sam's comments but went on to his own next comment. I could be wrong about all of this. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. The ultimate impression that I have of John Dehlin was that he was controlling the conversation in order to say what he wanted to say, instead of letting Sam speak and responding to Sam's own commentary.
That post he later edited in which he is talking about Rosebud’s state of mind and his daughters is a disaster. No wonder James Patterson and people like him get infuriated with this guy and turn on him!
It looks like John Dehlin is too quick on the trigger then regrets it later. He should probably learn to step on his own impulses before commenting publicly.
I would also recommend that we redact any references to John’s claims about her state of mind in that post and also discontinue or edit any use of her name on this board. I can tell you that we do NOT want her attacking the board over this stuff. It is just not worth it. If she is capable of spending a decade of her life going after Dehlin for the reasons she stated, there is no telling what else she might do. Go read her Facebook page, and you will see that she takes revenge very seriously, and not just with regard to John Dehlin.
I've edited out the comments of others that I was responding to in my own posts for the reasons you stated.

Slava Ukraini!