Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by Kishkumen »

Yeah, KK is pretty dreadful. It didn't take long for me to figure out that her Ordain Women campaign, which was, by the way, freaking brilliant, was nevertheless undertaken disingenuously as she clearly did not believe in Mormonism at the time. She feigned belief in Mormonism, and, in my view, simply saw Ordain Women as a vehicle for her activism and, from that, notoriety as an activist. Now, had it worked, I think Ordain Women would have really pulled something off that was historic and worthwhile. It was, regardless of its failure, a historic effort and well worth it. So, I am not completely concerned about her sincerity where that is concerned. But now her time is past as a Mormon activist, and she is obviously stirring the pot, well, just because. So, I say, "bye, bye!" Thanks for Ordain Women, and thanks is deserved. But she is seriously otherwise insufferable and a caricature of an activist.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:05 pm
Yeah, KK is pretty dreadful. It didn't take long for me to figure out that her Ordain Women campaign, which was, by the way, freaking brilliant, was nevertheless undertaken disingenuously as she clearly did not believe in Mormonism at the time. She feigned belief in Mormonism, and, in my view, simply saw Ordain Women as a vehicle for her activism and, from that, notoriety as an activist. Now, had it worked, I think Ordain Women would have really pulled something off that was historic and worthwhile. It was, regardless of its failure, a historic effort and well worth it. So, I am not completely concerned about her sincerity where that is concerned. But now her time is past as a Mormon activist, and she is obviously stirring the pot, well, just because. So, I say, "bye, bye!" Thanks for Ordain Women, and thanks is deserved. But she is seriously otherwise insufferable and a caricature of an activist.
Shut yo’ mouth you CIS white male oppressive patriarchist!

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dwight
Deacon

Post by Dwight »

JP has been publicly proclaimed Rosebud’s document keeper, maintainer, redactor, and relevancy determiner. I would like to know what relevant skills or training he has since I know his biases, just to give better insight into how to read what comes out.

She also posted this:
And for the record, it was never my job to provide evidence. It was the Open Stories Foundation's job to ask me for evidence and testimony. They never did that. They didn't want it. They're reversing things and blaming me. A law suit is in order.
This is a dumpster fire train wreck that I can’t look away from. I am fine with John Dehlin getting all that he deserves, but no more and no less. I also feel bad for Rosebud that Kwaku with the help of KK stirred this all up again. It doesn’t seem healthy for her, it’s not healthy for anyone.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:26 pm
Shut yo’ mouth you CIS white male oppressive patriarchist!
I would try to contradict you, but no one would buy it anyway.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
cwald
Nursery

Post by cwald »

Dr Exiled wrote: Is it laptop envy?
Touche'
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dwight wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:39 pm
JP has been publicly proclaimed Rosebud’s document keeper, maintainer, redactor, and relevancy determiner. I would like to know what relevant skills or training he has since I know his biases, just to give better insight into how to read what comes out.

She also posted this:
And for the record, it was never my job to provide evidence. It was the Open Stories Foundation's job to ask me for evidence and testimony. They never did that. They didn't want it. They're reversing things and blaming me. A law suit is in order.
This is a dumpster fire train wreck that I can’t look away from. I am fine with John Dehlin getting all that he deserves, but no more and no less. I also feel bad for Rosebud that Kwaku with the help of KK stirred this all up again. It doesn’t seem healthy for her, it’s not healthy for anyone.
“It was never my job to provide evidence.”

Wowzers. She should try being an LDS apologist! Rosebud, the person making the claim is always the one who must provide the evidence. Everyone has asked you for the evidence. No evidence, no credibility. Take responsibility for your own life, for crying out loud!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

delete
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Sun May 02, 2021 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 9:11 pm
Dwight wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:39 pm
She also posted this:
Woman to woman, do it. I told you to do it years ago when I first laid eyes on this thing.

Heretofore, all of your efforts have fallen short or failed. Your attempts to out him and warn him on our old board, to conceal your in real life name on our old board, your attempts to leave something behind on our old board for the historians. It's all been for naught. And that is only what I can see on these forums.

Make what I call the well placed effort and do it. Show the world your ticket or get off the bus.
We all see it. Please Rosebud, do yourself a favor. No one is worth 10 years of this. If you have evidence, we will look at it objectively here. No one here is a John Dehlin fan, just because. For us, Mormonism is what it is regardless of whether John Dehlin tells us or Consig or anyone else for that matter.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

The problem is y’all begging someone who desires to be part of the cult of personality. That crap skeezes me out. Mike Norton. John Dehlin. Kate Kelly (I mean, just look at the sheer narcissism of that picture above). Sam Young.* <- I’m sure there’s a few more all getting their 15 hours of fame, and a bit of money in some cases, but I couldn’t list them all off because they’re uninteresting to me. Anyway, She knows if she shows all her cards people will lose interest in her. If she keeps teasing this out in perpetuity she gets her attention-fix and feels relevant. She saw an avenue through John Dehlin to get that dream, the Ex-Mormon Osteenian power couple dream, and he robbed her of it. So this is Plan B, as outlined in Option 2, but poorly executed.

* It’s not to say they don’t all have worthy causes, but celebrity is what it is, and goddamn they love their dopamine fixes.

eta: They’re all grievance merchants. I’ll tell you about a guy named CJ in a bit - Sam Young reminds me of him. Or if you can’t wait, look up Open Carry Texas for a bit of background information. <- That’s a teaser, by the way.

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Sun May 02, 2021 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Exiled I thought better of my recent post and deleted it. Please consider deleting the quote of that post from your own post.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!