Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by jpatterson »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:35 pm
jpatterson wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:34 pm

Have you ever redacted a 250+ page document? It's real fun.

I've written 250+-page documents.

Still, carry on.
How long did it take you?
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

jpatterson wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:35 pm
How long did it take you?
A long time. I am not challenging your explanation. I am commiserating.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

Why this silly game of "releasing" documents through an intermediary? If James Patterson was her attorney who had reviewed some of the documents to advise on legal questions, I guess I could understand a bit. Alternatively, if James Patterson had shown himself to be the level headed one in this situation who could speak with a greater level of credibility and professionalism, I could see some value in this approach. But, as it stands, it just adds another ring to the circus.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

The Stig wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:37 pm
Why this silly game of "releasing" documents through an intermediary? If James Patterson was her attorney who had reviewed some of the documents to advise on legal questions, I guess I could understand a bit. Alternatively, if James Patterson had shown himself to be the level headed one in this situation who could speak with a greater level of credibility and professionalism, I could see some value in this approach. But, as it stands, it just adds another ring to the circus.
It adds another defendant if John Dehlin decides to sue.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:39 pm
The Stig wrote:
It adds another defendant if John Dehlin decides to sue.
Indeed...spread around the liability.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

jpatterson wrote:
Kishkumen wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:30 pm
Publish already. Good grief.
Yes. And larger. Redacting 250 pages just takes a few hours if you know what you’re doing.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:48 pm
jpatterson wrote:

Yes. And larger. Redacting 250 pages just takes a few hours if you know what you’re doing.

- Doc
Step 1: Scan document into PDF and run OCR in Adobe Acrobat.
Step 2: Search for key words to be redacted.
Step 3: Use Acrobat's "Redact" function to fully redact the text and underlying data. Merely "highlighting" in black leaves the text easily discovered.
Step 4: Publish.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

The Stig wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:56 pm
Step 1: Scan document into PDF and run OCR in Adobe Acrobat.
Step 2: Search for key words to be redacted.
Step 3: Use Acrobat's "Redact" function to fully redact the text and underlying data. Merely "highlighting" in black leaves the text easily discovered.
Step 4: Publish.
Wow! That *is* easy. There you go, JP, DM expertise has saved you a load of time.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

The Stig wrote:
The whole thing is nuts. John Dehlin acted horribly but shouldn't get the death penalty for his conduct. Rosebud is hamming it up pretty good, trying to make more out of the consensual relationship turned rotten, and is eternally determined to collect on what she thinks she is owed. Then JP is taking up the Rosebud torch, defending her by acting just like her.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:59 pm
The whole thing is nuts. John Dehlin acted horribly but shouldn't get the death penalty for his conduct. Rosebud is hamming it up pretty good, trying to make more out of the consensual relationship turned rotten, and is eternally determined to collect on what she thinks she is owed. Then JP is taking up the Rosebud torch, defending her by acting just like her.
It is nuts, but they will not be deterred. Captain Ahab has a new white whale named John Dehlin. The entire crew of the Pequod is ready to go down with the ship. "From hell's heart I stab at thee!"