Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by jpatterson »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:59 pm
Then JP is taking up the Rosebud torch, defending her by acting just like her.
You're probably right.

Peace, folks.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:30 pm
jpatterson wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:28 pm
Thanks, I'm aware of Adobe's redact functions. I'm in the middle of one 250 page document. It's not the only document.
Maybe you should compile a commentary on the documents to help your readers wade through this stuff. Few people will want to spend their own precious time on what has all the appearance of a snipe hunt thus far.
Especially when interesting details related to the "juicy" bits are likely to be redacted.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

jpatterson wrote:
The Stig wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:56 pm

Step 1: Scan document into PDF and run OCR in Adobe Acrobat.
Step 2: Search for key words to be redacted.
Step 3: Use Acrobat's "Redact" function to fully redact the text and underlying data. Merely "highlighting" in black leaves the text easily discovered.
Step 4: Publish.
Thanks, I'm aware of Adobe's redact functions. I'm in the middle of one 250 page document. It's not the only document.
Why the hell can’t Rosebud do this herself? Why is it always you being her cat’s paw?

She has had nine years to do this.

What in God’s name is the hold up?
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

consiglieri wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:13 pm
Jealousy breaking point as John Dehlin got bigger. No better explanation.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I’ll do it. Literally volunteering right now. I’ll get this crap done in a day.

- Doc “I can redact faster than the FBI” NC4Me
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

malkie wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:11 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:30 pm

Maybe you should compile a commentary on the documents to help your readers wade through this stuff. Few people will want to spend their own precious time on what has all the appearance of a snipe hunt thus far.
Especially when interesting details related to the "juicy" bits are likely to be redacted.
Which is probably why the job is taking so long.
pistolero
Deacon

Post by pistolero »

consiglieri wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:13 pm
jpatterson wrote:

Why the hell can’t Rosebud do this herself? Why is it always you being her cat’s paw?

She has had nine years to do this.

Surely there has to be a ML episode based on this new evidence? You've already done the biased John Dehlin evidence, let's now have you look at Rosebud's evidence. Surely this 250 pages has to be a better read than View of the Hebrews?

Also, can you get a sex expert in to be interviewed please? Someone has to analyze JDs impotency and PE.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr Moore wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:15 pm
Jealousy breaking point as John Dehlin got bigger. No better explanation.
Yeah, that has to burn up a lot of people. No doubt a lot of Dehlin detractors thought he would fizzle out long before now. They thought his excommunication would drive people away from him. And yet, he is still able to attract the cooperation of decent, level-headed people like Natasha Helfer, RFM, Roger Hendryx, and many others. For the people who left Open Stories Foundation in a huff, convinced that he was the worst guy in the world, that must burn.

There is a principle in Greco-Roman historiography: The assassinated leader has to have been a guy worthy of assassination. The idea is that to justify what you are either doing or have done to a prominent figure, you have to sell the idea that you were justified, nay, obliged to take this monster out. Look at the stories of the Greek tyrants and overthrown or assassinated Roman emperors. Sure, you can calculate that they must have been bad guys or else no one would have wanted to kill them, but it is also possible that the winner, writing the history, has made him out to be a monster to make himself look like a great hero for murdering the ruler.

Nero gave up this secret when he accused his mother of trying to assassinate him in what was a blatantly arranged set up, and then sent his henchman to murder her for the safety of the state.

Now we see all of these forces converging on Dehlin from the LDS Church, the extreme leftists, and the aggrieved former employees. All of them sharing the belief that Dehlin is evil for some reason and must be taken out. He isn't evil. Not by a longshot. But, if he is not, then how can these people possibly justify the lynch mobbing that they are engaging in?

Logic dictates that he must be or they can't feel good about themselves as they attack him.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:16 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:13 pm
And the “doxxing” issue is BS. Rosebud has an internet site that accuses John Dehlin of, among other things, “pedophilia.” She has talked repeatedly about her side of what happened. She has no moral claim to stay anonymous while going on offense against John Dehlin.

And you see what she did? Someone not named John Dehlin shared her name, and she declared global thermonuclear war. This is some some kind of weird control dynamic. And when Patterson crosses her, which he will at some point, he’ll get to join John Dehlin as a contestant in “I will make you pay attention to me.”

There is no way this ends well for anyone involved.
Lots of alarms are ringing and red flags flying. Once you see the pattern, you can't unsee it. Once you calculate what it portends, you stay the hell away.
I think it’s pretty damn clear that Rosebud went through something pretty damn awful long before she met John Dehlin. She was hurt in way that it’s very hard for anyone to heal from. The affair and the way it ended made things worse. And now her white Knight, who doesn’t know what the hell he is doing is making it even worse. He thinks he’s helping her, but he’s doing the opposite.

Dehlin’s instinct to defend himself when attacked bit him in the ass. He should have ignored Kwaku.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Last edited by Res Ipsa on Thu May 06, 2021 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.