Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
consiglieri
Prophet

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by consiglieri »

“History is written by the winners as an excuse for hanging the losers.” —Ben Franklin
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:27 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:16 pm

Lots of alarms are ringing and red flags flying. Once you see the pattern, you can't unsee it. Once you calculate what it portends, you stay the hell away.
I think it’s pretty damn clear that Rosebud went through something pretty damn awful long before she met John Dehlin. She was hurt in way that it’s very hard for anyone to heal from. The affair and the way it ended made things worse. And now her white Knight, who doesn’t know what the hell he is doing is making it even worse. He thinks he’s helping her, but he’s doing the opposite.

Dehlin’s instinct to defend himself when attacked bit him in the ass. He should have ignored Kwaku.
I hear what you are saying.

On the other hand, nine years is a long time to ignore the slings and arrows of outraged Rosebud.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Res Ipsa wrote:
I think it’s pretty damn clear that Rosebud went through something pretty damn awful long before she met John Dehlin. She was hurt in way that it’s very hard for anyone to heal from. The affair and the way it ended made things worse. And now her white Knight, who doesn’t know what the hell he is doing is making it even worse. He thinks he’s helping her, but he’s doing the opposite.

Dehlin’s instinct to defend himself when attacked bit him in the ass. He should have ignored Kwaku.
No doubt in my mind that she was troubled long before Dehlin entered the picture.

On ignoring Kwaku, I just don't think it would have helped. We are witnessing the unfolding of an orchestrated campaign in which Kwaku, Kate Kelly, Matt Long, James Patterson, and Rosebud were going to do what they were going to do, ML show or no. Anyone who thinks this bizarre confluence of haters, including the LDS Church and its apologists, is really overblown and unfair is going to want to respond to the craziness somehow. If I were Dehlin I would sure want someone answering this deluge of crazy hatred and corporate ambushing.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Yeah, Consig, it is. But it is the only way he has to keep his life disentangled from hers.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:50 pm
Yeah, Consig, it is. But it is the only way he has to keep his life disentangled from hers.
In this situation, not ever having entered into any kind of relationship was the only way he could have kept his life disentangled from hers. This kind of troubled person is the aggressor who plays the victim in order to achieve maximum carnage.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

In the meantime, it appears Rosebud is asking for donations for legal fees on her Facebook page.

The one under her real name.

And in the alternative, she is asking for donations to defray the expenses of her two children’s college tuition.

While citing John Dehlin as the cause of her relative penury, having cost her hundreds of thousands of dollars.

It is certainly more ambitious than a gofundme for a laptop, I suppose.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:50 pm
Again I hear you.

And I am pretty sure people close to him have advised that course of action.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

consiglieri wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:55 pm
In the meantime, it appears Rosebud is asking for donations for legal fees on her Facebook page.

And in the alternative, she is asking for donations to defray the expenses of her two children’s college tuition.

While citing John Dehlin as the cause of her relative penury, having cost her hundreds of thousands of dollars.

You may want to stop doxxing her right now, consiglieri. Don't say I didn't warn you! :lol:
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:48 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:

No doubt in my mind that she was troubled long before Dehlin entered the picture.

On ignoring Kwaku, I just don't think it would have helped. We are witnessing the unfolding of an orchestrated campaign in which Kwaku, Kate Kelly, Matt Long, James Patterson, and Rosebud were going to do what they were going to do, ML show or no. Anyone who thinks this bizarre confluence of haters, including the LDS Church and its apologists, is really overblown and unfair is going to want to respond to the craziness somehow. If I were Dehlin I would sure want someone answering this deluge of crazy hatred and corporate ambushing.
I understand. But it was the only shot he had at staying disentangled from Rosebud.

Maybe being a leader in an asylum isn’t worth it.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

consiglieri wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:55 pm

I saw this stuff. It is absolutely bonkers. Where to begin? You feel like there has to be something somewhere that makes some sense out of this absolute cluster-f of a behavioral pattern . . . . Sane people want to connect the dots, but damn if it doesn't look like a Jackson Pollack being sold as a Michelangelo.