Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
master_dc
Star B

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by master_dc »

consiglieri wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:28 am
jpatterson wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:21 am

Again, I call attention to your lack of self-awareness in thinking she was ever posting here for your benefit.
No one here felt it was for our benefit.
I might say I have benefitted from this, I solemnly swear to never cheat on my spouse!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

jpatterson wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:20 am
... The early Facebook messages are chilling if you read them all the way through and know the well-documented patterns of predation (targeting, gaining trust, fulfilling a need, isolating, then physical contact).
Weird how James changed #5 from the above link and then left out #6 all together. Why was that? Was it because #6 “maintaining control” doesn’t actually fit since it was Rosebud trying to control John Dehlin? Entrap him? And why did James change #5 “abuse” to “physical contact”? This feels like he’s just wildly inventing whatever narrative he can to ensure John Dehlin is slandered, with regard to to the claim of sexual assault and whatever else he can throw at the wall to see if it sticks. This is incredibly dishonest posting, which is ironic since he wants john Dehlin to atone and be honest publicly.

Whatever the case may be I just checked Dehlin’s Facebook page today and it appears he’s still incredibly popular and supported. Whatever Rosebud and James are attempting to do appears to be failing. Perhaps being inconsistent, weirdly adversarial, and shady as crap isn’t helping them win converts in their crusade to turn up the heat. If anything, John Dehlin is coming off as a rather sympathetic character thanks to them.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

When anything can be construed as sexual harassment/abuse/violence, it dilutes the term to the point of meaninglessness and hurts actual victims.

She's trying to pay for her kids college tuition with a crowd funding campaign guys. Like, really?
Aristotle Smith
Sunbeam

Post by Aristotle Smith »

--
Last edited by Aristotle Smith on Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
master_dc
Star B

Post by master_dc »

jpatterson wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:20 am
... The early Facebook messages are chilling if you read them all the way through and know the well-documented patterns of predation (targeting, gaining trust, fulfilling a need, isolating, then physical contact).
Doc is spot on identifying the changes.

Many of these patterns can also be observed in the pre-mating rituals (dating) of humans. It all depends on intent. Once again, this situation appeared to be to adults, it happy with their situation at the time. John Dehlin appears to be the instigator, and per her story, and on a bit strong. I mean, allegedly hitting on her when her husband just left the table. The main issue I have though is when the interviewer asks for examples, she didn’t really have any.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

drumdude wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 4:27 am
When anything can be construed as sexual harassment/abuse/violence, it dilutes the term to the point of meaninglessness and hurts actual victims...
This is not a case of "anything" being construed as sexual harassment. If a sexual encounter between a subordinate and a superior ends with the management arranging for the subordinate to lose her job, which her superior requested, while the superior retains his, it doesn't matter how smoothly the process went or how erratic the victim was during the process, it was sexual harassment.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Kwaku and FAIR are good assists for Rosebud in her unholy quest for vengeance and control of the Foundation.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

jpatterson wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:47 am
The truth is that if John hadn't taken Kwaku's bait, none of this drama would have happened and I could go back to never knowing this board even existed. Here's the other reality: John has way more to lose out of this saga than Rosebud does. She's basically already lost everything. Her family, her livelihood. What does she stand to lose by putting everything out there? Her reputation on MD?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are the one still trying to sell a rotten bill of goods. Rosebud is still the one who is conniving.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Dwight
Deacon

Post by Dwight »

If Rosebud hadn’t taken John Dehlin’s bait then we wouldn’t have this thread. If JP hadn’t taken John Dehlin’s or Rosebud’s bait he wouldn’t be here.

Let those who have not taken bait throw the first mud.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

jpatterson wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:47 am
So let's just review the last few weeks:

Kwaku makes a takedown video of John Dehlin and drags Rosebud's real life name back out into the open. Rosebud says nothing.

Kate Kelly gets involved. Rosebud says nothing.

John uses RFM and Bill Reel to finally, after 10 long years of waiting, take a clumsy public swing at Rosebud.

Rosebud swings back.

And all of a sudden it's Rosebud who is unhinged and digging holes for herself?

The truth is that if John hadn't taken Kwaku's bait, none of this drama would have happened and I could go back to never knowing this board even existed. Here's the other reality: John has way more to lose out of this saga than Rosebud does. She's basically already lost everything. Her family, her livelihood. What does she stand to lose by putting everything out there? Her reputation on MD?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, if anything, it puzzles me how you're not talking about how John Dehlin is the one digging a hole by outing himself as prematurely ejaculating adulterer when he's been propping himself as a wholesome family man who gollyshucks still considers himself Mormon after all this time.

Oh and by the way I was an employee of Open Stories Foundation, not a volunteer. I would show you the tax forms but I know it wouldn't change your mind about anything so I won't go through the trouble. Also own zero sock puppets and am definitely not a DezNat supporter. Talk about self-awareness, guys.

And, finally, I can't for the life of me believe none of y'all picked up on John comparing himself to Oprah. Oprah!! Come on. That was gold.
That’s a dishonest recounting of events. It makes it seem like Rosebud was taken by surprise by them, when we know she knew about them in advance. Rosebud has never simply stayed quiet. She has always spoken up somewhere online and promised more evidence. I see no great self-restraint or strategizing here. I see someone who had a bad experience and never let go of it.
Last edited by Kishkumen on Tue May 11, 2021 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow