Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by Kishkumen »

Tonight Bill Reel, RFM, Natasha Helfer and Nadine Hansen brought forward the goods. They showed, pretty definitively, that Rosebud has been executing a threat she made against the Open Stories Foundation unless they reinstated her as an employee. She warned them that she would play the role of John Dehlin’s victim and harass him ceaselessly unless she was allowed back in. On a date when she claimed Dehlin was harassing her to have sex, Dehlin’s text messages show that SHE WAS PROPOSITIOING HIM and he was rebuffing her advances.

In short, in a neutral and lawyerly fashion, ML podcast obliterated Rosebud’s trumped up vendetta against John Dehlin, which both Kate Kelly and Kwaku El swallowed hook, line, and sinker.

Job well done, RFM!

(Job well done, all, but I know that RFM will be the one most likely to read this.)

See: https://youtu.be/-3oBYGohXBQ
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

That was pretty devastating to Rosebud and her accusations. It was a thorough and epic debunking.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Interesting. I’m watching it now. The comments about vague allegations are spot on, and the comment about Rosebud pushing for the relationship paints this in a very different light.

edit: OMG OPTION 2. WTF.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Thank you all!

I am exhausted . I feel like I just spent the last week producing a special report for TV.

I thought a highlight was Nadine admitting she has frequented this message board.

And read all rosebud’s posts and your responses.

Nadine echoed your sentiments regarding rosebud.

And I got a good plug in for DM.

Bravo everyone!!!
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

This was so sorely needed after Kwaku did his 5 minutes of research to put a few screenshots in his attack video on John Dehlin.

If he had done 10 minutes of research he would have realized those of us who have been on the board for years knew her accusations were completely unfounded.

Another absolutely historic podcast, well done!
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Time to drop this Rosebud, please. You are only hurting yourself with the continued nonsense.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

Hang on.

John's star witness, his ace in the hole...can't even get her facts straight?

Natasha's version of events is that Rosebud went to Joanna to report John for sexual harassment, then the board was informed and they said "Hey wait a minute, let's investigate!" She claims it was only AFTER the Option1/Option2 email was sent that the board so wisely decided to get lawyers involved.

Except there's a clear email thread amongst the board here:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uhgaMQ ... sp=sharing that shows Rosebud was fired by Johna and Joanna before the full board was even notified there was any sort of affair!

Natasha needs to get her story straight, because it doesn't match up with the evidence, which shows:

John told Rosebud to leave Open Stories Foundation because "I'm in love with you." Then he locked her out of Open Stories Foundation properties. Then he went to Joanna. The two of them then hired a lawyer to pressure Rosebud to resign. When she wouldn't, they fired her. THEN Joanna told the board "oh, by the way John and Rosebud aren't getting along anymore so she's gone and we're shutting down all of Rosebud's work." and the board freaked out because they had no idea what was going on, again AFTER Rosebud had already been fired.

If this is the best John this is just sad. Natasha, you need better memory pills.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

You need a new cow.

This one just left the barn.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

consiglieri wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:17 am
Thank you all!

I am exhausted . I feel like I just spent the last week producing a special report for TV.

I thought a highlight was Nadine admitting she has frequented this message board.

And read all rosebud’s posts and your responses.

Nadine echoed your sentiments regarding rosebud.

And I got a good plug in for DM.

Bravo everyone!!!
You put on a really good show that unfortunately doesn't align at all with what actually happened. If Natasha was on a witness stand she would have perjured herself.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

consiglieri wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:33 am
You need a new cow.

This one just left the barn.
So you don't have an answer for the fact that there is a termination letter stating that Rosebud was fired on Aug 31, followed by emails starting September 4 that show that Joanna informed the board that "[Rosebud]'s employment" had ended without explaining exactly why and that Natasha and other board members expressed surprise and concern at this? And that none of this aligns with the story she told on your podcast?

I mean, I'm just wondering if you're cool with people coming on your podcast and just straight up misremembering really really important facts.