Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by jpatterson »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:05 pm

Bingo. This is the root problem of Rosebud's claim. On August 9th she is trying to seduce John into consummating what had been up to that point an affair without intercourse. (So Mormon, my friends, and for that reason completely believable.) It appears that it was John who refused Rosebud, and now she is retaliating by making the premeditated false claim that he was an aggressor and she a victim. Option 2 of the "Options" email shows that she had planned her revenge down to the real bizarre self-aggrandizing details of her having a best-selling book and going on the Ellen show. Whatever little snafus have occurred in the way a rinky-dink non-profit operating way above its institutional expertise handled the situation, Rosebud has cooked her own goose by confessing voluntarily in an email that she planned to blackmail everyone.

Case closed.
If you look at all the texts (not just the ones RFM released) you will see that Rosebud is telling John that it's time for him to poop or get off the pot, after years of pursuing her, then backing away. John acknowledges in these texts that he has been "toying" with Rosebud for quite some time and that she should leave Open Stories Foundation.

He tells her repeatedly that she needs to leave because he won't leave his wife and he won't leave Open Stories Foundation. She is the one who needs to go because they can't keep their hands off each other.

This, combined with the fact that Rosebud was her subordinate at the time, is evidence that John at the very least violated Open Stories Foundation's current policy on sexual harassment (one he said when it was released he's never violated) and backs up her claims in her NH human rights commission complaint.

I have been selective in my release of information because I'm bound by a promise I made to Rosebud (who, frankly, is reluctant to litigate this in the court of public opinion for the very reason you're seeing...lots of people attacking her character, doxxing her and defending John).

John is releasing selective information because he's trying to paint a narrative.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

Symmachus wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:02 pm
Like Joseph Smith, I never got past the 3rd grade, so I might not be able to grasp the issues here, and my feelings are not hurt by insults to my limited ability to read, so feel free to hurl them.
I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to drumdude.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

Symmachus wrote:
The alleged misconduct on Dehlin's part, as I understand it from this, is that Dehlin wanted a sexual relationship
No.

The alleged misconduct is that John Dehlin and Rosebud were already having a sexual relationship and that John pressured her to leave Open Stories Foundation because he couldn't trust himself to be in the same city as her and not pursue her, and when she wouldn't, John leveraged their sexual relationship in order to get her fired and him re-hired as a podcaster receiving 100% of podcast proceeds. He not only got rid of her and shut down her work, he was able to leverage a better work arrangement as a result.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

jpatterson wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:51 pm
Symmachus wrote:
The alleged misconduct on Dehlin's part, as I understand it from this, is that Dehlin wanted a sexual relationship
No.

The alleged misconduct is that John Dehlin and Rosebud were already having a sexual relationship and that John pressured her to leave Open Stories Foundation because he couldn't trust himself to be in the same city as her and not pursue her, and when she wouldn't, John leveraged their sexual relationship in order to get her fired and him re-hired as a podcaster receiving 100% of podcast proceeds. He not only got rid of her and shut down her work, he was able to leverage a better work arrangement as a result.
Where's the proof they were already having a sexual relationship? My understanding is that they had an emotional connection, some talk, and nothing more.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Jeez John is incredibly savvy and sneaky with the media. How'd he get RFM and Bill to be his lapdogs? That was incredibly odd. Why do they feel the need to defend him, when they can't possibly know if they are being manipulated by the guests (I admit I didn't watch or listen to the episode...started but it's completely annoying)? I'm sure I'm missing something there.

jpatterson if you aren't Rosebud, then who are you? You carry no credibility when you act like Rosebud, tell the story as if you were part of it, with details that Rosebud might not even be aware of, and yet refuse to tell everyone who you are so we can look into whether or not you were even with Open Stories Foundation and were friends with Mr. Dehlin?

In my ignorance, I'll list what seems to be close to the facts:

1. Over years Dehlin and Anne got close and chummy to the point of both thinking their relationship was inappropriate since both were otherwise married. No sex between the two.

2. A little bit murky, but...at some point one of the two, depending on which side is telling the story, wanted to take the relationship further than it was. That was a no go for the other and whatever was communicated seemed to end the relationship to the point of neither one could work with the other. of course JOhn was in the driver's seat on this, since the whole enterprise depended on him.

3. At that point, according to Anne, John told his friend Joanna Brooks, in secret keeping her confidence, that they had some sort of affair. According to the board, Anne came clean, went to Joanna and divulged the affair.

4. According to Anne, no one on the board knew what Joanna knew as she and John hired an attorney, while making strategic moves to keep Dehlin, and keep him compensated, while ousting Anne. But according to John and co, the board was informed of the "affair" and they all were interested in investigating whether there was evidence for the allegations of misconduct by John. John was in control of all information that went to the board, because Anne basically acted as she has here with vague stories, threats and wish washiness.
a. I don't know which sounds more likely. I mean Anne certainly acts a bit nutty...and John certainly held all the power and influence. It could be a bit of mix of both. If Joanna was interested in keeping Open Stories Foundation running, she certainly had to act in its interest and very well could have seen the quasi-affair as something to be concerned about, if word got out, but not too concerned about on a personal level.

5. Since John and Joanna, hired an attorney one move was to change the structure of the org. Anne and John were asked to resign, so they could be taken back on as contracted employees. Anne refused thinking there was no incentive to do so, as it was John held all the power. She held no power and could have been ousted without reason or cause and not much would change for the foundation.

6. She was fired. At that point, or in the following weeks, other board members seemed to be apprised of the situation and different communications happened between Anne and certain board members, or between John and certain board members. Nothing seemed to go well for Anne at this point and everything seemed to go well for John.

7. Anne burned bridges with everyone involved, it seems, offered some weird options to move forward, move on and forget the whole thing, or she would write a book exposing John as a bad dude.

8. Over the years Anne came out of the woodworks with some further allegation of being assaulted by John while she was sleeping, or something, and claimed John was manipulative, controlling and essentially sexually harassed her in pursuing a relationship.

I'm probably wrong. My conclusion is they had some sort of a touchy affair. Anne seemed willing to pursue it, John, on the other hand, had his wife and kids truly in his heart. He likely misled her somewhat. The foundation needed John otherwise it would disappear, and since it seemed rather harmless, and their relationship got bad enough that they couldn't work together, they decided to get rid of Anne. She felt misused and hurt by it all. He was happy with the result, as the news didn't get out and he got what he wanted.

And nearly 10 years later some of us are still talking about a quasi affair that might or might not involved a man in power, once again, taking advantage of a vulnerable woman, to some extent or another. And that may be a little too harsh on John.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

jpatterson wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:51 pm
Symmachus wrote:
No.

Who alleged a sexual relationship? Every time I've seen something from Rosebud, or whoever, there was no sexual relationship. Are you saying she's claimed otherwise?
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:11 pm

Where's the proof they were already having a sexual relationship?
What, you want photos? Gross, man.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

dastardly stem wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:12 pm

jpatterson if you aren't Rosebud, then who are you? You carry no credibility when you act like Rosebud, tell the story as if you were part of it, with details that Rosebud might not even be aware of, and yet refuse to tell everyone who you are so we can look into whether or not you were even with Open Stories Foundation and were friends with Mr. Dehlin?
I've never refused to tell anyone who I am, I just posted about it earlier in the thread. Chill, bro.

John can confirm that we know each other and that I worked for him. Unless he's changed the bumpers I made, my voice and name appear at the beginning of MoSto episodes around the fall of 2014. I produced the Brent Metcalfe episodes (among others) and I think that was the first time I used them. I also appeared on the podcast for the Givens' Crucible of Doubt episode. You can google it.

Again, I've got nothing to gain by going after John, other than being a good person by standing up for a victim of abuse and harassment, which I believe Rosebud is.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

jpatterson wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:33 pm
Again, I've got nothing to gain by going after John, other than being a good person by standing up for a victim of abuse and harassment, which I believe Rosebud is.
Or you are being a character assassin siding with somebody carrying out a vendetta for a watercooler romance spurning.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

jpatterson wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:23 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:11 pm

Where's the proof they were already having a sexual relationship?
What, you want photos? Gross, man.
Stop deflecting, bro. Stop making crap up, bro. You make the claim and so provide the proof.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.