Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by Jersey Girl »

drumdude wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:40 pm
John and Anne seem perfect for each other, using people like that.
Yes it almost seems like a rare case of madness for two. But I don't think I would go that far.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Lem wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:45 pm
That's what I was thinking. Very good hard worker, but a misunderstanding of the situation already in place. The Open Stories Foundation board was overwhelmed, I think, with not much clarity in place as to how to deal with such a difficult situation.
I think you’re right!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Random responses (to keep me from procrastinating in real life) because believe it or not, some of your comments were what I was thinking about when I walked away from my last post.

Lem: Yes, she had it all worked out and it never once occurred to her to know her audience. You know, look before you leap.

RI: A therapist for sure. Read on...to what I was thinking about as mentioned above.

Kish: with regard to finding an occupation. Listen. I don't know her beyond what I see on the screen. But if I were forced to throw a dart and hit something, I think she needs both a therapist and life coach. Once an occupation were identified, a mentor in that field and I don't care if it's operating a greenhouse or a joining a demonstration garden for schools (this is my own interest talking), or OTR trucking. Everyone benefits from mentoring.

The mentor being the highest immediate need as I see it or as I see her on the screen.

Rosebud do not hesitate to avail yourself of a good mentor. It would be to your credit.
As a member of our community, Rosebud probably has a lot of people here who sincerely wish her and her kids the very best. Going to war with others is not the way to find peace, but we all need to learn these lessons for ourselves. I know I am still learning them.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:53 pm
Lem wrote:
That's what I was thinking. Very good hard worker, but a misunderstanding of the situation already in place. The Open Stories Foundation board was overwhelmed, I think, with not much clarity in place as to how to deal with such a difficult situation.
I think you’re right!
Yes and if I read the situation correctly, Open Stories Foundation was a very small organization. That had to be tough.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:56 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Random responses (to keep me from procrastinating in real life) because believe it or not, some of your comments were what I was thinking about when I walked away from my last post.

Lem: Yes, she had it all worked out and it never once occurred to her to know her audience. You know, look before you leap.

RI: A therapist for sure. Read on...to what I was thinking about as mentioned above.

Kish: with regard to finding an occupation. Listen. I don't know her beyond what I see on the screen. But if I were forced to throw a dart and hit something, I think she needs both a therapist and life coach. Once an occupation were identified, a mentor in that field and I don't care if it's operating a greenhouse or a joining a demonstration garden for schools (this is my own interest talking), or OTR trucking. Everyone benefits from mentoring.

The mentor being the highest immediate need as I see it or as I see her on the screen.

Rosebud do not hesitate to avail yourself of a good mentor. It would be to your credit.
As a member of our community, Rosebud probably has a lot of people here who sincerely wish her and her kids the very best. Going to war with others is not the way to find peace, but we all need to learn these lessons for ourselves. I know I am still learning them.
Well said, Reverend.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Kishkumen wrote:
Of course the majority of us wish her and family the very best. No one wants to see another person stay stuck like this. Engaging in this now near decade old war is probably not the path to creating a satisfying life. It is a barrier to that.

Rosebud I know good and damn well that you are reading this thread. We are your test audience. But scroll up and look back on the advice that Lem offered you professional to professional. She meant that. She meant it as earnestly as she did when she supposed that you were bat-crap crazy. I did too when I referred to you as bunny boiler, and I mean this just as well...

There are many here who would be willing to offer honest feedback if only you would take John Dehlin out of the equation. Not because we like him (truly most of us are critical) but because he's the obstacle. There's no one here who thinks you are a hopeless piece of crap. There's no one here who wants to hurt you and even if there were, the rest of us would take care of that at least in terms of our comments and criticisms here.

Look at what Kish said about himself and how he is still learning when and how to pick his battles with consideration to how it does or does not benefit him. I think we could all claim that in some form or another.

There is before you a lifetime of learning yet to be realized. A lifetime of mistakes, achievements, falling short, good relationships and crap relationships, changing relationships (adjustments--don't get me started!), good health and poor health, proud moments and embarrassments, all of these things will continue to be thrown in your path so long as you are breathing. Or maybe it's just me.

But never lose sight of the fact that whatever knocks you down gives you a chance to come back up again. Every twist and turn in life is a chance to turn a page. It's a chance to stretch, grow, and reinvent yourself.

Rosebud in case you missed it, now is the opportune time to reinvent yourself. Extricate yourself from this stuck place. Playing the game is a form of self sabotage. Like Tator said upthread, let go of the rope. Disappear for a while to work on your career goals, projects, and personal development.

Then RISE.

And take your children with you as you go.

Slava Ukraini!
Aristotle Smith
Sunbeam

Post by Aristotle Smith »

--
Last edited by Aristotle Smith on Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:11 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Of course the majority of us wish her and family the very best. No one wants to see another person stay stuck like this. Engaging in this now near decade old war is probably not the path to creating a satisfying life. It is a barrier to that.

Rosebud I know good and damn well that you are reading this thread. We are your test audience. But scroll up and look back on the advice that Lem offered you professional to professional. She meant that. She meant it as earnestly as she did when she supposed that you were bat-crap crazy. I did too when I referred to you as bunny boiler, and I mean this just as well...

There are many here who would be willing to offer honest feedback if only you would take John Dehlin out of the equation. Not because we like him (truly most of us are critical) but because he's the obstacle. There's no one here who thinks you are a hopeless piece of crap. There's no one here who wants to hurt you and even if there were, the rest of us would take care of that at least in terms of our comments and criticisms here.

Look at what Kish said about himself and how he is still learning when and how to pick his battles with consideration to how it does or does not benefit him. I think we could all claim that in some form or another.

There is before you a lifetime of learning yet to be realized. A lifetime of mistakes, achievements, falling short, good relationships and Crap relationships, changing relationships (adjustments--don't get me started!), good health and poor health, proud moments and embarrassments, all of these things will continue to be thrown in your path so long as you are breathing. Or maybe it's just me.

But never lose sight of the fact that whatever knocks you down gives you a chance to come back up again. Every twist and turn in life is a chance to turn a page. It's a chance to stretch, grow, and reinvent yourself.

Rosebud in case you missed it, now is the opportune time to reinvent yourself. Extricate yourself from this stuck place. Playing the game is a form of self sabotage. Like Tator said upthread, let go of the rope. Disappear for a while to work on your career goals, projects, and personal development.

Then RISE.

And take your children with you as you go.
Amen.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Now that Rosebud has turned this into a financial movement, I've got a few name ideas for her non-profit 401c.

The Redacted Stories Foundation
The Open Secrets Foundation
Naked Sexual Interaction Stories

I think James has proven himself as an unpaid volunteer, and I think he would make a great second employee if the board approves.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I would also like to note that while Rosebud’s comments on Facebook indicate her displeasure regarding the Mormonism Live episode responding to the Kwaku video, Rosebud ought to think of what it might have been like if someone had Kwakued her. Instead, she got the fair and professional RFM and Bill Reel, who are known to deal factually and fairly. Not so much Kwaku, the yellow journalist Mopologist for the Zoomer set. There are people out there who would have wanted RFM to really throw down on Rosebud, but he handled things very dispassionately, relying on authentic documents and witnesses who dealt with Rosebud directly.

I am very proud that, on the whole, DM has such a high quality of discussion of issues like this one and that we have in our midst one of the very best podcasters on the topic of Mormonism, RFM.