Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
master_dc
Star B

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by master_dc »

Finished the rosebud chronicles. If anyone has her attention, please have her take that 3 hour interview down. I honestly do t see how that helps her case at all. She constantly goes to the brink of tears and back to normal in half a second.

The narrative is confusing. Her constant reminders that she had a visual memory is the equivalent to “And it came to pass”... around the 160 min mark, when asked to give an example of an something John Dehlin had said to her, she responds “I don’t want to say anything because I might be making up the words” or something close to that. It is the most uncomfortable description of human interactions I have ever heard. If you want to get an understanding of it all, tune in the last third when the interviewer finally starts asking questions. Rosebud does not give an example or coherent response to any of the questions. She would get destroyed under cross examination. It is tough to listen too.

Her time line with the doxxing is impossible to follow. She discusses personally details of people on that are not her or John Dehlin. somehow she has kids with her husband, yet she had never had sex?!? Are her kids adopted? It is all too much. Her inner circle needs to circle the wagons and protect her from herself. This crusade will not end well for her, regardless of the outcome.

Kids, stay out of the exmo celebrity realm, it is bad for your health. Leave it to the pros like consig
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

master_dc wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:40 am
Finished the rosebud chronicles. If anyone has her attention, please have her take that 3 hour interview down. I honestly do t see how that helps her case at all. She constantly goes to the brink of tears and back to normal in half a second.

The narrative is confusing. Her constant reminders that she had a visual memory is the equivalent to “And it came to pass”... around the 160 min mark, when asked to give an example of an something John Dehlin had said to her, she responds “I don’t want to say anything because I might be making up the words” or something close to that. It is the most uncomfortable description of human interactions I have ever heard. If you want to get an understanding of it all, tune in the last third when the interviewer finally starts asking questions. Rosebud does not give an example or coherent response to any of the questions. She would get destroyed under cross examination. It is tough to listen too.

Her time line with the doxxing is impossible to follow. She discusses personally details of people on that are not her or John Dehlin. somehow she has kids with her husband, yet she had never had sex?!? Are her kids adopted? It is all too much. Her inner circle needs to circle the wagons and protect her from herself. This crusade will not end well for her, regardless of the outcome.

Kids, stay out of the exmo celebrity realm, it is bad for your health. Leave it to the pros like consig
Sounds terrible! If she is not faring well with Matt Long’s help and a pro interviewer, it may not be wise to pursue this further. Sure, some folks may donate to the cause, and maybe she will get enough cash to hire an attorney, but you have to wonder what kind of attorney takes her case. Will Long do it? Maybe that would be the best option, as he seems, for some reason, to believe genuinely in her claims. Still, she’s not teeing up to win with the material that’s been released thus far. Maybe James will bring something useful to her to the table.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I literally would’ve finished the redaction by now.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

A very different take on Rosebud's volunteer work related to the Open Stories Foundation foundation has been posted on the site, "dearjohndehlin", apparently based on her cognitive interview, but this seems to be a lot more detail than those who also listened have reported:
...With the backdrop of a complicated faith situation complicating a difficult marriage she reached out to Dehlin and volunteered to help in his organization. Dehlin invited her and her family to attend the Book of Mormon Musical when it came out as part of a publicity push involving Laurie Goodstein that got him written up in the New York Times. Dehlin asked Rosebud in the midst of that trip where she thought the future lay for those who found themselves in various states of unbelief within the larger Mormon cultural context.

She unfolded to him a vision of communities actualized through initial participation in location-specific Facebook groups that could then serve as the basis for organizing events within local communities. This would allow unbelievers to gain the kind of community and support which some, regrettably, lose in the midst of faith crises. Within this model of community building, she organized conferences, some of them, frankly, wildly successful. These included conferences for LGBT people such as Circling the Wagons. A key ingredient in her model was fostering an environment in which believing and unbelieving people could all get along together. This allowed Open Stories Foundation’s influence to expand wildly as they were able to access thought leaders from the normative Latter-day Saint intelligentsia as well as those more critical of the Church. Though Dehlin had initial concerns about the financial viability of such an approach, the events also drew large quantities of donation and appear to have precipitated a major increase in backing. Indeed, I strongly suspect that if she had been allowed to continue, and if he could have refrained from alienating her, Dehlin would now preside over an empire substantially more powerful, productive, and wealthy than anything he has since accomplished, even in recent years.

Unfortunately for this enterprise, the relationship between Rosebud and John Dehlin became complicated by an extramarital sexual relationship, as Dehlin’s friends also, indeed, confirm. Very early on in their relationship (2011) they had been engaged in an extramarital erotic relationship.

https://dearjohndehlin.wordpress.com/20 ... interview/
It seems to be a very grandiose interpretation of the contributions of a one year volunteer.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I strongly suspect that if she had been allowed to continue, and if he could have refrained from alienating her, Dehlin would now preside over an empire substantially more powerful, productive, and wealthy than anything he has since accomplished
This goes back to identifying her ambitions and eventual vindictiveness when her fantasies of an ex-Mormon Osteenian power couple fell apart. She created this fantasy and, in her mind, he stole it from her. She’s deeply disturbed, and like others have pointed out needs a lot of therapy.

Or a CDL.

Either one could work.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
pistolero
Deacon

Post by pistolero »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:11 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:56 pm
As a member of our community, Rosebud probably has a lot of people here who sincerely wish her and her kids the very best. Going to war with others is not the way to find peace, but we all need to learn these lessons for ourselves. I know I am still learning them.
Of course the majority of us wish her and family the very best. No one wants to see another person stay stuck like this. Engaging in this now near decade old war is probably not the path to creating a satisfying life. It is a barrier to that.

Rosebud I know good and damn well that you are reading this thread. We are your test audience. But scroll up and look back on the advice that Lem offered you professional to professional. She meant that. She meant it as earnestly as she did when she supposed that you were bat-crap crazy. I did too when I referred to you as bunny boiler, and I mean this just as well...

There are many here who would be willing to offer honest feedback if only you would take John Dehlin out of the equation. Not because we like him (truly most of us are critical) but because he's the obstacle. There's no one here who thinks you are a hopeless piece of crap. There's no one here who wants to hurt you and even if there were, the rest of us would take care of that at least in terms of our comments and criticisms here.

Look at what Kish said about himself and how he is still learning when and how to pick his battles with consideration to how it does or does not benefit him. I think we could all claim that in some form or another.

There is before you a lifetime of learning yet to be realized. A lifetime of mistakes, achievements, falling short, good relationships and Crap relationships, changing relationships (adjustments--don't get me started!), good health and poor health, proud moments and embarrassments, all of these things will continue to be thrown in your path so long as you are breathing. Or maybe it's just me.

But never lose sight of the fact that whatever knocks you down gives you a chance to come back up again. Every twist and turn in life is a chance to turn a page. It's a chance to stretch, grow, and reinvent yourself.

Rosebud in case you missed it, now is the opportune time to reinvent yourself. Extricate yourself from this stuck place. Playing the game is a form of self sabotage. Like Tator said upthread, let go of the rope. Disappear for a while to work on your career goals, projects, and personal development.

Then RISE.

And take your children with you as you go.
This. Great words.

I'm very much reminded of that Mormon trope or is it a Coveyism that goes: "It’s not the snakebite that does the damage; it’s chasing that snake that drives the poison to the heart".
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:39 am
I would also like to note that while Rosebud’s comments on Facebook indicate her displeasure regarding the Mormonism Live episode responding to the Kwaku video, Rosebud ought to think of what it might have been like if someone had Kwakued her. Instead, she got the fair and professional RFM and Bill Reel, who are known to deal factually and fairly. Not so much Kwaku, the yellow journalist Mopologist for the Zoomer set. There are people out there who would have wanted RFM to really throw down on Rosebud, but he handled things very dispassionately, relying on authentic documents and witnesses who dealt with Rosebud directly.

I am very proud that, on the whole, DM has such a high quality of discussion of issues like this one and that we have in our midst one of the very best podcasters on the topic of Mormonism, RFM.
Okay. Now you made me cry.

Goddammit!

I hope you’re happy.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

consiglieri wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:05 am
Kishkumen wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:39 am
I would also like to note that while Rosebud’s comments on Facebook indicate her displeasure regarding the Mormonism Live episode responding to the Kwaku video, Rosebud ought to think of what it might have been like if someone had Kwakued her. Instead, she got the fair and professional RFM and Bill Reel, who are known to deal factually and fairly. Not so much Kwaku, the yellow journalist Mopologist for the Zoomer set. There are people out there who would have wanted RFM to really throw down on Rosebud, but he handled things very dispassionately, relying on authentic documents and witnesses who dealt with Rosebud directly.

I am very proud that, on the whole, DM has such a high quality of discussion of issues like this one and that we have in our midst one of the very best podcasters on the topic of Mormonism, RFM.
Okay. Now you made me cry.

Goddammit!

I hope you’re happy.
Well, you know what the Reverend is like.

Sometimes you can't stop him from tactlessly blurting out the truth. :lol:
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 2:08 am
I literally would’ve finished the redaction by now.

- Doc
Yup.
Dwight
Deacon

Post by Dwight »

There is something towards the very end I think that I didn’t note, but feel is relevant to bring up. She talked about changing her name legally so that her in real life persona isn’t Google-able. However I wasn’t sure if that name is known, or different to the one she posts on Facebook still. This isn’t to dox that new name, just that she may have at least done something to move on in life and not make this always able to haunt her.

I will throw in that I wish her and her kids the best. My attempt was to find out if I could learn anything new that shifted my opinion. I want to be able to believe her, but I think the cold reality is she needs to find a way to let John Dehlin and the Mormon church go. She isn’t going to destroy them. There is no ticket to fame and money for her that isn’t fraught with leaving her worse off even in the best case.