Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
dastardly stem
God

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by dastardly stem »

Well crap...shouldn't have looked at her Facebook. She's trying to profit off of her affair from 10 years ago? Paying off her kid's schooling by begging for money?

She's a victim of everything and everyone and always will be at this rate.

Seriously would doubt there is anything for her. This was 10 years ago. Dehlin asked her to leave. She was fired...she was given a severance. No doubt it was stupid for her to go extra-marital. But she can't blame Dehlin for her choices. It sucks she lost her job due to the affair...but it's just too late to make a move on that. And, no doubt, if she has a good case on that, its too bad its been so poorly handled. But life suck sometimes and you can't do much about it.

So let's see, she coordinated a revival of this topic a number of times before...it goes nowhere because, frankly, she loses credibility with everyone who asks a question, as soon as they ask. Or with everyone who sees a victim who doesn't have a story. She didn't even seem to realize her case rests on one thing--not her chosen affair, nor how mean John would get, if he did, but that he used the affair as reason to get rid of her. And that's still a bit sketchy. Her whole story gets told to gain sympathy, but it's meaningless in terms of sexual harassment. It makes her claim of harassment seem empty and foolish.

She also doesn't get that she's the one who resurrects the issue. Then, after playing some fool to play off her story due to their own grievances with John Dehlin, she complains about how hard it is when people talk about it? She complained incessantly that John was a master manipulator during their affair, then she turns around and does not much more than attempt to manipulate others. Good job JPatterson for falling into her trap.

She wants sympathy because she ignorantly bought into a fast food franchise? Jesus...everyone else is to blame...and always will be.

I mean that most definitely is pity worthy...so I hate to sound mean. But my god lady, stop it.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dwight wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 2:44 pm
I meant to say he could have remarried and have a new family. I have no idea at all. I have a friend that her ex wanted really as little to do with the kids as possible especially after he remarried and had kids with his new wife.

Due to the affair getting out Rosebud's ex challenged to have the divorce as fault instead of no-fault. He was successful. This is in my notes somewhere and she blames John Dehlin for this. As though the knowledge of the affair was the problem and not that she consented (at least at times) to the affair. The modified divorce settled on 3 years of alimony to give her some time to finish school and be able to get a career. However since she wasn't going to be able to finish school in time that was what helped lead her down the disastrous buying a franchise path. I don't think there is much you can do about child support except as far as how incomes change, but who knows in this case, it does happen. College is when they are adults and no longer would be considered for child support in most cases that I am aware of. My parents paid for my mission and the only support I got for college is that I could live at home.
Every situation is different, and not all parental philosophies are the same. Do you have any insight into the connection between her name and the franchise? She made it sound like her attempt to do something in regard to her name led her to involvement with the franchise scheme.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

She wants sympathy because she ignorantly bought into a fast food franchise? Jesus...everyone else is to blame...and always will be.
Was it fast food?
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Does anyone think that current Facebook post (as I read it last night) told the story accurately?

ETA: Checked. Yes, that's the same as I read last night.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I'll offer to redact the entire cache today, again, since Rosebud and JP have mentioned they're totes going to drop them ... once they're redacted. I'll do it. I'll do it for free. I'll maintain confidentiality. And I'll get it done today.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 4:04 pm
Does anyone think that current Facebook post (as I read it last night) told the story accurately?

ETA: Checked. Yes, that's the same as I read last night.
Going out on a limb here. I think she can be considered a public figure so I am posting the one line of her recent Facebook post that was the motivation for the above question. If anyone thinks this is unwise or a violation of Board Rules, yell at me and I'll remove it as soon as I see the objection.
all while finally giving John what he's wanted for ten years: the opportunity to permanently attach my name to his on the Internet in a way that will harm me.
:shock:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 4:06 pm
I'll offer to redact the entire cache today, again, since Rosebud and JP have mentioned they're totes going to drop them ... once they're redacted. I'll do it. I'll do it for free. I'll maintain confidentiality. And I'll get it done today.

- Doc
That's a generous offer, Doc. Kinda like her offer to take over MDB and fix it.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I think she’s asking someone else start a go fund me for her in order to avoid having to pay her debt. I’m curious why she thinks John Dehlin is responsible for her failure to run a franchise successfully, since, you know, she was “wildly” successful running a few Facebook groups and booking some gigs for Open Stories Foundation.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 4:17 pm
all while finally giving John what he's wanted for ten years: the opportunity to permanently attach my name to his on the Internet in a way that will harm me.
:shock:
I am going to go out on my own limb here and suggest that John just wants her to leave him be and live her life.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 4:06 pm

- Doc

^^^^Hire this person and pay him not a dime. He is trustworthy, capable, and he will do just exactly what he says he will.

Slava Ukraini!