Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:10 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:55 pm

I’m not trying to be contrarian, but I kinda think she does and she knows she’s screwed (hence the vindictiveness of her actions). If she wants to get on with any sort of respectable organization her Internet history and any sort of Open Stories Foundation references are a non-starter. If I were her I’d just open a small practice somewhere counseling depressed kids and women (I wouldn’t want her interacting with males because her discretion might go out the window if a dude shows up and she gets the tingles).

- Doc
Oh I don't see that as contrarian and if it were, I would appreciate the push. I don't disagree with your idea of a private practice*. Her digital footprint is huge and doesn't make for a good professional portrait.

*ETA: Actually I think I do disagree with the private practice. I think she'd be better off choosing another type of career path entirely.
Well. I did mention truck driving upthread. :D

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:48 pm
Just as an aside comment...that was when I truly understood how deficient she is with regard to self insight and self awareness. Think about all the posts she made over the years on MDB. Who would hand their money over to her for a fundraiser? She never fully understood that there was a community here. She admitted more than once that she never bothered to read our posts.

She didn't know us and she didn't want to know us. She was using the board to create her documentation piece, such as it was....
What hit me even harder than the actual fundraiser was that she jumped into the middle of a long conversation about how to go about this, how can we pay for it, what should be done, etc. with an instant solution, not only proposed by her, but already organized and created by her! A done deal! Followed up by instructions on how we were to donate, how money would be used, etc.

Maybe it was just over-enthusiasm, but it was really tone-deaf to the discussion going on. As though jumping in and volunteering then gives one authority and rights. Where have we heard that before. :roll:
Last edited by Lem on Thu May 06, 2021 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

I agree with both of you. I think she’s aware of having a negative image, but not self aware enough to see her own role in creating that image. So that makes me bi-noncontrarian.

I think she’d have to do some hard work in therapy before she could be an effective therapist.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Lem wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:16 pm
What hit me even harder than the actual fundraiser was that she jumped into the middle of a long conversation about how to go about this, how can we pay for it, what should be done, etc. with an instant solution, not only proposed by her, but already organized and created by her! A done deal! Followed up by instructions on how we were to donate, how money would be used, etc.

Maybe it was just over-enthusiasm, but it was really tone-deaf to the discussion going on. As though jumping in and volunteering then gives one authority and rights. Where have we heard that before. :roll:
Maybe Open Stories Foundation wasn't as enamored of this as some accounts would lead one to believe.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:15 pm

- Doc
Seriously, people who have problems working and playing well with others need to find the right kind of occupation--one that does not demand working and playing well with others.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:15 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:10 pm

Oh I don't see that as contrarian and if it were, I would appreciate the push. I don't disagree with your idea of a private practice*. Her digital footprint is huge and doesn't make for a good professional portrait.

*ETA: Actually I think I do disagree with the private practice. I think she'd be better off choosing another type of career path entirely.

- Doc
Nothing wrong with driving for a living. Tons of women truckers these days. I suggest OTR. She could write a book about her experiences.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:05 pm
She's not only attempting to crowdfund an attorney, she's added one for her children's college education. Yep.
And she’s not even adding one herself.

She is asking if someone else will set up the gofundme for her kids’ college.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

It's a bit funny James accused us of simping for John Dehlin.. he has a woman he barely knows making him redact a 250 page document for her for free. In his spare time when he's not spending hours defending her online.

John and Anne seem perfect for each other, using people like that.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:20 pm
Lem wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:16 pm

Maybe Open Stories Foundation wasn't as enamored of this as some accounts would lead one to believe.
That's what I was thinking. Very good hard worker, but a misunderstanding of the situation already in place. The Open Stories Foundation board was overwhelmed, I think, with not much clarity in place as to how to deal with such a difficult situation.
Last edited by Lem on Thu May 06, 2021 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Random responses (to keep me from procrastinating in real life) because believe it or not, some of your comments were what I was thinking about when I walked away from my last post.

Lem: Yes, she had it all worked out and it never once occurred to her to know her audience. You know, look before you leap.

RI: A therapist for sure. Read on...to what I was thinking about as mentioned above.

Kish: with regard to finding an occupation. Listen. I don't know her beyond what I see on the screen. But if I were forced to throw a dart and hit something, I think she needs both a therapist and life coach. Once an occupation were identified, a mentor in that field and I don't care if it's operating a greenhouse or a joining a demonstration garden for schools (this is my own interest talking), or OTR trucking. Everyone benefits from mentoring.

The mentor being the highest immediate need as I see it or as I see her on the screen.

Rosebud do not hesitate to avail yourself of a good mentor. It would be to your credit.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!