Snufferites

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Tim
Star A

Snufferites

Post by Tim »

I haven't really heard much about the Snufferites (I don't even know what they're calling themselves). Anybody have an update? I'm guessing closing down the chapels during a pandemic might have caused an uptick for them from libertarian minded Mormons.
Aristotle Smith
Sunbeam

Re: Snufferites

Post by Aristotle Smith »

--
Last edited by Aristotle Smith on Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim
Star A

Post by Tim »

I noticed the name Restoration Scriptures Foundation. So is RSF a better moniker than Snufferites?
Aristotle Smith
Sunbeam

Post by Aristotle Smith »

--
Last edited by Aristotle Smith on Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toon
CTR B

Post by toon »

Always sounded like a serial killer to me.

Like, LA had the Night Stalker and the Hillside Strangler, but beware the Denver Snuffer.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Aristotle Smith wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:52 pm
Tim wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:45 pm
I noticed the name Restoration Scriptures Foundation. So is RSF a better moniker than Snufferites?
I think it's safe to say, anything is better than "Snufferites". It sounds either like a 1980's cartoon (ala Smurfs and Snorks) or like people who are into snuff films. Neither is a good look.
LOL. Yeah, I always picture a Smurf using snuff. Once you see it, you can’t unsee it.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

toon wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 12:51 am
Always sounded like a serial killer to me.

Like, LA had the Night Stalker and the Hillside Strangler, but beware the Denver Snuffer.
This.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

The Denver Snuffer sounds like you do some unspeakable act on someone’s chest mid coitus.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

Alas, history has many examples to show that being born with an unfortunate name is not a fatal misfortune for demagogues. They manage.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
toon
CTR B

Post by toon »

Physics Guy wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 9:42 am
Alas, history has many examples to show that being born with an unfortunate name is not a fatal misfortune for demagogues. They manage.
I don’t know. There was this Austrian kid named Adolf, and look how he turned out. :)