Snufferites

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Physics Guy
God

Re: Snufferites

Post by Physics Guy »

He almost had to be Adolf Schicklgruber. That is, he was indeed born Adolf Hitler, but his father had lived half his life under the surname of his unmarried mother and only got his name changed to Hitler, on dubious grounds, some years before Adolf's birth. History's most infamous racist never really knew his own ancestry and the name he made so infamous was probably fake.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
Aristotle Smith
Sunbeam

Post by Aristotle Smith »

--
Last edited by Aristotle Smith on Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Aristotle Smith wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:29 pm
Ran into this one on accident. Apparently there was a big Snufferite confab in Nevada recently. Rock Waterman gave a brief summary:

http://puremormonism.blogspot.com/2021/ ... nally.html

Apparently Denver Snuffer has solved the Book of Abraham problem. Linked there is a 4 hour video where Denver Snuffer performs this feat. Also there is a 69 page transcript of the video. I won't be watching or reading it. It sounds like Snuffer's solution is a long winded variation on "the scribes did it."

They do seem to be calling themselves the remnant movement at this point.

Finally, if someone is willing to take one for the team and plow through the 69 pages, I would be interested in reading a summary.
I skimmed for the highlights. Most of the transcript does not address the Book of Abraham.

1. "Translated" means "translated" by revelation of a record in heaven.

2. The scribes did it.

3. Because the Book of Abraham events do not take place in Egypt, but in Chaldea, we can't properly interpret the drawings using Egyptology.

4. Joseph said it's scripture, so it is.

5. It's really an expansion of Genesis, but God didn't tell Smith about it when he wrote that section of the JST because he knew Chandler would bring the mummies to Smith.

6. Vogel uses too much qualifying language in his book to be taken seriously.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Aristotle Smith
Sunbeam

Post by Aristotle Smith »

--
Last edited by Aristotle Smith on Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

My encounters with Denver Snuffer have all been good. He came over to my house several times to see if I was okay. He even brought me different books he had written. I thought of him as an overall nice guy with sincere spiritual faith.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Tim
Star A

Post by Tim »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 4:31 am

I skimmed for the highlights. Most of the transcript does not address the Book of Abraham.
Well done. Major kudos for something I was no where near interested enough to even begin to venture to browse.
Res Ipsa wrote:
3. Because the Book of Abraham events do not take place in Egypt, but in Chaldea, we can't properly interpret the drawings using Egyptology.
So if I'm understanding this correctly, Chaldeans had a coded drawing system that simultaneously communicated sophisticated Egyptian theology AND an alternative proto-Hebrew theology. . . .BUT they could not figure out how to use a vanishing point or cross-hatch shading.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Tim wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:06 am
Res Ipsa wrote:

Well done. Major kudos for something I was no where near interested enough to even begin to venture to browse.
Res Ipsa wrote:
So if I'm understanding this correctly, Chaldeans had a coded drawing system that simultaneously communicated sophisticated Egyptian theology AND an alternative proto-Hebrew theology. . . .BUT they could not figure out how to use a vanishing point or cross-hatch shading.
I don’t know, Tim. His point seemed to be that the Drawings couldn’t Egyptian because Abraham hadn’t arrived in Egypt. It was the first I’d ever heard this argument. So, the drawings are Chaldean, and so have a completely different meaning then they would in Egypt. Made no sense to me, but, hey, the guy’s a prophet, right?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.