r/horse?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: r/horse?

Post by Shulem »

Alma 18:10 wrote:Ammon was preparing his horses and his chariots
Alma 18:12 wrote:Ammon had made ready the horses and the chariots for the king

This is rock solid terminology that Smith knew that pertained to horses and horses only. It applied to his own day as it did anciently -- it's also straight out of the Bible. It's exactly what the Mormons believed when they first started reading the Book of Mormon. Horses are horses and chariots are chariots. Nothing can change that, not now and not ever. And certainly not Peterson, a liar for the Lord.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:46 pm
Alma 18:10 wrote:Ammon was preparing his horses and his chariots
Alma 18:12 wrote:Ammon had made ready the horses and the chariots for the king

This is rock solid terminology that Smith knew that pertained to horses and horses only. It applied to his own day as it did anciently -- it's also straight out of the Bible. It's exactly what the Mormons believed when they first started reading the Book of Mormon. Horses are horses and chariots are chariots. Nothing can change that, not now and not ever.

"Preparing" and making "ready" horses is standard terminology for the class of animals known as the HORSE, even to Joseph Smith. As far as Smith was concerned, the horses that Ammon prepared and made ready were horses, the same as the horse Smith himself prepared for his rider:

Joseph Smith History, 27 February 1836 • Saturday wrote:Saturday morning 27th. cold and fine sleighing. I prepared my horse and sleigh for Mr Seixas to ride to Hudson and visit his family, to return on monday next.

Ammon prepared his horse and Smith prepared his horse. Nothing about tapirs!!

The apologists have absolutely nothing in their favor to turn Ammon's or Smith's horses into tapirs. Book of Mormon defenders have been fighting a lost cause and pretty much are calling their own prophet a liar -- which he is. So we have that much in common with the apologists!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

2 Nephi 25:1 wrote:Now I, Nephi, do speak somewhat concerning the words which I have written, which have been spoken by the mouth of Isaiah. For behold, Isaiah spake many things which were hard for many of my people to understand; for they know not concerning the manner of prophesying among the Jews.

And just what are some of these hard to understand things written by Isaiah as quoted by Nephi?

How about this from 2 Nephi 12:7:

"Their land also is full of silver and gold, neither is there any end of their treasures; their land is also full of (Jewish) horses (much like the Nephite tapirs), neither is there any end of their chariots."

So you see, Nephi explained to the younger crowd that Nephite "horses" aren't the same kind as had in the old world but are a new kind of horse called a tapir which has become the horse of the promised land. So, a horse is only horse if it's a tapir and your in the promised land. But if you're at Jerusalem where Jesus will be born then a horse is horse of course! Right?
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

More difficult to understand ISAIAH from 2 Nephi 15:28:

"Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ (Jewish horses in Jerusalem but Nephite tapirs in the promised land) hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion."

1) Jewish horses = a horse is a horse of course
2) Nephite horses = a tapir is a horse or a horse is a tapir
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Behold, there were real horses in the Book of Mormon and there is a real Egyptian King's name in Facsimile No. 3, in the writing just as I revealed in the Explanations.

Take it from Joe, I know how to translate!

1) Horses
2) King Pharaoh's name

Isn't that right, Danny Peterson? What's the King's name, you dope?

:lol:
Shulem
God

King Pharaoh rides to America

Post by Shulem »

King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head in Facsimile No. 3, rides with the white and delightsome Nephites who give battle to the loathsome Lamanites who have been denied the priesthood of Nephi.

Slay them all!

Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Joseph Smith to Oliver Cowdery wrote:the Nephites did all return to their own lands in the twenty and sixth year, every man, with his family, his flocks and his herds, his horses
These are just regular horses, bro. Oliver, the same kind you and I ride. The story later tells about strange animals such as cureloms and cumoms.

Shulem
God

The SEER SEES horses!

Post by Shulem »

Bro. Oliver, I see in a glorious vision, beautiful horses, many horses, even the king upon his a royal horse going out to battle.

Bro. Joseph, it's wonderful that horses were in the Book of Mormon just as in our own times. Somethings never change . . . .

Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem, did the Nephites ever make use of capybaras in their military campaigns?

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Behold the revelations of God!

Post by Shulem »

I testify in the name of JESUS CHRIST, that there were real horses in the Book of Mormon!