Is Patheos Thinking of "Canceling" Sic et Non?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Re: Is Patheos Thinking of "Canceling" Sic et Non?

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Moksha wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 2:36 am
Dr. Peterson has already announced that he will be a regular columnist at Meridian Magazine (the place where Uranus testifies).
Wasn't this meant to fill that void that was created when he was fired by the Deseret News?

In any case, I expect that he's now going to sharply curtail his commenting and posting, and that his next post will be chock-full of all the details about how busy he's been, soaking up the fascinating history, landscapes and culture of Maui.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Moksha wrote:
Dr. Peterson has already announced that he will be a regular columnist at Meridian Magazine (the place where Uranus testifies).
I’ve heard that Meridian Magazine is very tired of people making fun of the article “Uranus Testifies of Christ” and it being the “butt” of many jokes throughout the years. One solution the editors had was to officially change the title to “Urectum Testifies of Christ.”

I can’t say the change would be any better.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 8:35 pm
Moksha wrote:
I’ve heard that Meridian Magazine is very tired of people making fun of the article “Uranus Testifies of Christ” and it being the “butt” of many jokes throughout the years. One solution the editors had was to officially change the title to “Urectum Testifies of Christ.”

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

My wife and I periodically dissolve into hysterical laughter when the memory of that title surfaces.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:24 pm

My wife and I periodically dissolve into hysterical laughter when the memory of that title surfaces.
And poor Pratt. He's stuck with for the rest of his life and memories of him...
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I am not feeling very sorry for him. He can just chuckle at all of us and our juvenile senses of humor. I am sure his life is very rich and he thoroughly enjoys pursuing his interests.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:37 pm
I am not feeling very sorry for him. He can just chuckle at all of us and our juvenile senses of humor. I am sure his life is very rich and he thoroughly enjoys pursuing his interests.
He sure is enjoying pursuing his interests. John Pratt is now an official witness to Prophet Berger and the Sealed Plates.

https://www.latterdaycommentary.com/201 ... ormon/?amp

In addition, he has been a frequent speaker at Denver Snuffer’s conferences.

http://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/2020/awake.html
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Sat May 08, 2021 11:13 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:37 pm
He sure is enjoying pursuing his interests. John Pratt is now an official witness to Prophet Berger and the Sealed Plates.

https://www.latterdaycommentary.com/201 ... ormon/?amp

In addition, he has been a frequent speaker at Denver Snuffer’s conferences.

http://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/2020/awake.html
WOW! I had no idea he had gone that route! What caused this? How long has he not been LDS?! Good heavens when I bury my head in the sand, I really go all in don't I?!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Yeah, I believe that stuff about his witness of new plates was posted a while ago. Fascinating stuff! Had no idea about the Snuffer part.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:41 am
Yeah, I believe that stuff about his witness of new plates was posted a while ago. Fascinating stuff! Had no idea about the Snuffer part.
If I remember right, John holds a Phd in physics. This is quite a challenge to the apologists. Kiwki57 recently assured Chapstick (I think it was Chapstick) that Martin Harris was much smarter than he is on SeN's "skeptic or gullible" thread. Well, I can assure Kiwi57, that with a Phd in physics or astronomy, John Pratt is certainly smarter than Martin Harris was, and he has given his witness of the plates of Ether. And so Kiwi57 and Dan should at minimum spend the same amount of time researching and praying in faith, to know if the plates John testified to are true, that they expect Chapstick and Gemli and others to spend reading Interpreter articles and watching their Witnesses film.