Is Patheos Thinking of "Canceling" Sic et Non?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Is Patheos Thinking of "Canceling" Sic et Non?

Post by Philo Sofee »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 3:38 am
Kishkumen wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:41 am
Yeah, I believe that stuff about his witness of new plates was posted a while ago. Fascinating stuff! Had no idea about the Snuffer part.
If I remember right, John holds a Phd in physics. This is quite a challenge to the apologists. Kiwki57 recently assured Chapstick (I think it was Chapstick) that Martin Harris was much smarter than he is on SeN's "skeptic or gullible" thread. Well, I can assure Kiwi57, that with a Phd in physics or astronomy, John Pratt is certainly smarter than Martin Harris was, and he has given his witness of the plates of Ether. And so Kiwi57 and Dan should at minimum spend the same amount of time researching and praying in faith, to know if the plates John testified to are true, that they expect Chapstick and Gemli and others to spend reading Interpreter articles and watching their Witnesses film.
Excellent point! Since the only thing that impresses the idiots are Ph.d's what gives with them ignoring Pratt's work?! Well, I mean, cummon, they ignore Ritner too... :roll: I wonder if they would be willing to do some Bayesian articles in Interpreter on the power of the Ph.d witnesses for Snuffer as they are on Martin Harris... Someone ought to ask them just to see if they make further biased asses of themselves. They will pull the old canard ad hoc excuse that the Lord works only with the simple and weak things of the earth, in which case, what are they being Ph.d holders, doing defending the Lord?! :D Shouldn't that be left to the 3rd and 4th grade educated of Utah?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 8:53 pm
Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 8:35 pm
officially change the title to “Urectum Testifies of Christ.”
I can’t say the change would be any better.
It would be a step up the food chain.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 8:03 pm
Moksha wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 2:36 am
Dr. Peterson has already announced that he will be a regular columnist at Meridian Magazine (the place where Uranus testifies).
Wasn't this meant to fill that void that was created when he was fired by the Deseret News?

In any case, I expect that he's now going to sharply curtail his commenting and posting, and that his next post will be chock-full of all the details about how busy he's been, soaking up the fascinating history, landscapes and culture of Maui.
Nope. There were something like seventeen posts aimed at Gemli alone today. On on the Sabbath Day no less! And on Mother's Day! Maybe that's what he was doing while Mrs. P. was chatting on the phone with their kids? Well, if that's true, it makes it even worse, in my opinion. I mean, he once admitted that he snuck away from the family on Thanksgiving Day in order to get his "fix" of the critics.

I just don't get it. Why not put the computer away? You're on Maui for heaven's sake!
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 1:12 am
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 8:03 pm

Wasn't this meant to fill that void that was created when he was fired by the Deseret News?

In any case, I expect that he's now going to sharply curtail his commenting and posting, and that his next post will be chock-full of all the details about how busy he's been, soaking up the fascinating history, landscapes and culture of Maui.
Nope. There were something like seventeen posts aimed at Gemli alone today. On on the Sabbath Day no less! And on Mother's Day! Maybe that's what he was doing while Mrs. P. was chatting on the phone with their kids? Well, if that's true, it makes it even worse, in my opinion. I mean, he once admitted that he snuck away from the family on Thanksgiving Day in order to get his "fix" of the critics.

I just don't get it. Why not put the computer away? You're on Maui for heaven's sake!
Because he gets a Crispy Creme for every post he reads here (he has to wait til heaven however), and a twinkie for every post he responds to from here, and he gets a jelly filled donut for any new thought he arrives at, so he can't just read Interpreter, Mormons have been saying the same old thing just using different words now for over 100 years. To actually get his reward for an actual intelligent and new thought and way of thinking, he has to come here... even if on vacation in such a sludge spot as Hawaii...