WITNESSES CRASHES AND BURNS!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: WITNESSES CRASHES AND BURNS!

Post by Philo Sofee »

Wang Chung
There is no mention about the revelation that Martin was not to covet his neighbor's wife. The film portrays Martin as the good guy/husband and portrays his wife Lucy as evil.
Did it show Martin Harris's incredible faith in Jesus and his spirituality of being able to walk and talk with Jesus who appeared in the form of a deer as Harris said? I predicted it wouldn't give the actual background in full of the witnesses and their lack of grasping basic reality, I just wanna see if I was in the ball park...
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:42 am
Wang Chung
There is no mention about the revelation that Martin was not to covet his neighbor's wife. The film portrays Martin as the good guy/husband and portrays his wife Lucy as evil.
Did it show Martin Harris's incredible faith in Jesus and his spirituality of being able to walk and talk with Jesus who appeared in the form of a deer as Harris said? I predicted it wouldn't give the actual background in full of the witnesses and their lack of grasping basic reality, I just wanna see if I was in the ball park...
LOL! I wish. I wanted the talking deer Jesus scene to be in the movie so bad.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:48 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:42 am

LOL! I wish. I wanted the talking deer Jesus scene to be in the movie so bad.
I prophesied it would NOT be in the movie, well over a year ago... No, it doesn't make me the Great Oz, but I *knew* it wouldn't be. I knew it would not be a full disclosure as Peterson was obviously lying about it back then.... and make no mistake about it, it was deliberate lying on his part. And he KNEW he wouldn't be telling all, because after all, he is an actual paid Mormon apologist.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Maybe if Deer Jesus had made an appearance in the "theatrical film" it would have grossed more than a mere $155,000.00 this weekend. I think people would have flocked to Deer Jesus, but I could be mistaken.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/2 ... _=bo_hm_right-wing
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

DCP calls a mere $155,000.00 gross for the opening weekend "commanding" by citing some unknown website that says so.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... s-far.html

Good luck Dr. DCP. I think the majority of your movie going audience might make up that figure and so the remainder of the box office take might be pretty weak. Here's to making back your money by the end of the year through downloads.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:33 am
Maybe if Deer Jesus had made an appearance in the "theatrical film" it would have grossed more than a mere $155,000.00 this weekend. I think people would have flocked to Deer Jesus, but I could be mistaken.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/2 ... _=bo_hm_right-wing
According to that website the takings were as follows:

Friday $61,000
Saturday $54,000
Sunday $40,000
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Our distributor told me today that Witnesses is currently the top faith-focused movie in the United States and that it ranks tenth in the United States among movies overall. I myself don’t know where those rankings are to be found, but I rather like the sound of them.

(I’m pretty sure it’s eleventh, not tenth)

How many other “faith-focused” movies are out at the moment? It reads as if the Exec. Co. Prod. Is taking the distributors word for everything. He didn’t know how many premiere screenings there were, now he’s unsure where movie rankings are to be found…is he distancing himself from Witnesses already?
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

IHAQ wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:55 am
Our distributor told me today that Witnesses is currently the top faith-focused movie in the United States and that it ranks tenth in the United States among movies overall. I myself don’t know where those rankings are to be found, but I rather like the sound of them.

(I’m pretty sure it’s eleventh, not tenth)

How many other “faith-focused” movies are out at the moment? It reads as if the Exec. Co. Prod. Is taking the distributors word for everything. He didn’t know how many premiere screenings there were, now he’s unsure where movie rankings are to be found…is he distancing himself from Witnesses already?
I find it hard to believe that he isn't more engaged with the financial numbers and that he knows exactly how the thing is doing at the box office. If various publications have the numbers, surely he can get access to them, if he wanted to see them, and it would be from reliable sources. He probably just needs to call and get a link to the raw numbers being reported from the theaters.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Dr Exiled wrote:
I think people would have flocked to Deer Jesus, but I could be mistaken.
I doubt that this Deer Jesus would be up there with car chases or talking babies for most of the Saint viewers.

Gemli: "Every time I read the book of Ether it puts me to sleep."
No one else on Sic et Non got Gemli's pun.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:52 am
Dr Exiled wrote:
I think people would have flocked to Deer Jesus, but I could be mistaken.
I doubt that this Deer Jesus would be up there with car chases or talking babies for most of the Saint viewers.
Well, I haven't seen the "theatrical film" yet. I'm hoping to this week as there is a theater in Las Vegas that is showing it. From the reviews by Stem and Everybody Wang Chung, it seems to have needed something to spice it up and instead opted to tell the same boring superficial apologetic story.